Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:58 am

Carlos Tévez willing to stay at Manchester City's until the summer, but then wants to leave
Carlos Tévez is willing to stay at Manchester City until next summer if he is granted a move away from the Premier League club then.
The 26 year-old will return to training on Tuesday and will continue to make himself available for first-team duty. He is prepared to travel to Turin, for example, for Thursday’s Europa League tie against Juventus even though it is a 'dead rubber’.
It is understood that Tévez also accepts that City might want to strip him of the captaincy because he submitted a written transfer request and because of his statement on Sunday evening which highlighted that his relations with “certain executives” had “broken down beyond repair”.
That was a clear reference to chief executive Garry Cook, in particular, who is believed to have taken an aggressive stance to Tévez’s situation after the Argentine made it known that he wanted to quit City last July. Although the player made reference to this in his statement, the club have subsequently denied Tevez asked for a move in the summer.
City blame Tévez’s representative, Kia Joorabchian, for the souring of relations while there are two polarised claims: the club insist the rift is about money and the demand for a new contract, while the player’s camp are adamant that his desire to leave is about his happiness.
Significantly, City do not deny that Tévez was offered a bonus, thought to be around £5 million earlier this season, which the player turned down.
If he was purely motivated by money it is hard to believe he would not have accepted the offer, for example, which was unsolicited. Tévez’s camp reject claims that they asked for an improved deal last week.
It is hoped that the stand-off between the two sides might calm down over the next few days and it may well be that the way in which the club now approach Tévez determines how this crisis plays out.
The onus would appear to be on Cook. Tévez has made it plain that he wants to leave in January but having also outlined, in his statement, “the need to clear my head”, a more conciliatory approach from the club might improve relations. However the fact that Tévez has been unhappy for some time and the fact that this has not been dealt with, does not bode well.
Certainly the threat from the club that they might sue Tévez for breach of contract will not help matters. That course of action would be met head-on with sources claiming on Monday night that the striker would be willing to go to arbitration — and then Fifa — to buy himself out of his contract.
It was also pointed out that such cases usually do not end with a player’s market value being met, so Tévez would leave for less than City could sell him for.
If Tévez were to stay at City and sign a new deal it would undermine his argument that he is unable to carry on at the club and the belief that the estrangement from his partner, Venesa, who is back in Argentina, and the lack of access to his two children has compounded the problems he has faced.
In theory, if there was a change to the way City were run Tévez’s feelings might alter but the reality is that he wants to leave, and is determined to do so, and his most likely destination would be Spain. There are more direct flights to Buenos Aires from Spain and given the shared language, it might encourage his former partner to bring the children over more often to see him.
Chelsea are interested in signing Tévez but it would be highly unlikely, despite the admiration of manager Carlo Ancelotti, that he would remain in England should be leave City.
The problem for now is that City cannot afford to destabilise their highly-promising season by selling Tévez in the January window — even though that is his hope — but also that they cannot continue with such an unhappy player in their ranks given his previous importance to them.
Despite their good form, City are facing a delicate situation given that Tévez is not the only disenchanted player in the squad.
Several have been frozen out under Roberto Mancini with the roll call of those who are not in the manager’s plans including Shay Given, Micah Richards, Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Craig Bellamy and Shaun Wright-Phillips. There are also question marks over how content others, such as Nigel de Jong and Mario Balotelli, are at the club.

Real Madrid are unlikely to move for Carlos Tevez, despite manager Jose Mourinho's admiration for the Argentine striker, because of Manchester City's £25m valuation.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... rlos-tevez

The Eastlands club are ready to sue Tevez for up to £50m if he goes through with his threat to quit football.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 50517.html

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will strip Tevez of the captaincy and force him to train with the reserves.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... aincy.html

OTHER BOLLOX
Chelsea enter the race to sign Portuguese teenage sensation Joao Reis, who plays for second division club Louletano.
Full story: Talksport.co.uk

Tottenham face stiff competition from Inter Milan and Valencia to sign teenage Dutch striker Luc Castaignos, who is rated at £4m by Feyenoord. Talksport.co.uk

Meanwhile Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is lining up a move to sign Schalke's Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic. Sport.co.uk

However, Tottenham face competition from Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham and Everton for Paris Saint Germain's Benin international midfielder Stephane Sessegnon's signature. Sport.co.uk

Bayern Munich are keeping tabs on the progress of Everton's England international left-back Leighton Baines. Daily Mirror

Stoke are interested in Birmingham winger Sebastian Larsson after being priced out of signing Jermaine Pennant on a permanent deal. Daily Mirror

Potters boss Tony Pulis is also keen to land unsettled Tottenham striker Robbie Keane. Daily Mail

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll has pledged his future to the club, insisting he wants to stay at St James' Park, ending speculation linking him with a January transfer window move. Daily Mirror

Sven-Goran Eriksson is preparing a £1.5m bid to make Tottenham defender Kyle Naughton's loan move to ­Leicester permanent. Daily Mirror

West Ham are preparing to sack manager Avram Grant, with Sam Allardyce lined up as his replacement once the former Blackburn boss negotiates his pay-off with his former club. Goal.com

Allardyce's pay-off could be as high as £1.5m, with £1m due for the remainder of his contract, as well as a bonus of £500,000 if Blackburn stay up in the Premier League. Mirror

Blackburn's new Indian owners want Argentina legend Diego Maradona to replace Sam Allardyce as manager. Mirror

Dean Saunders is the main candidate to replace Gary Speed as manager of Sheffield United should the former Leeds, Everton and Newcastle midfielder become Wales boss. Daily Mail

Former Hull manager Phil Brown is also in pole position to become the new Blades boss. Daily Star

Midfielder Frank Lampard has "no doubt" Chelsea will win the Premier League this season despite have stuttered in his absence. Daily Telegraph

Liverpool owner John W Henry has revealed he has been for dinner with Reds legend Kenny Dalglish and his wife. "He needs to have a more substantive role within the club," said the American, who added: "I understood about half of what he said, and I just nodded when I couldn't understand."
Daily Mirror
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:13 am

Big bollox today.

Just checked Google news Argie version and there is NO news that end, only sources from our old friend the English press! And that £25M valuation? Is that a Guardian misprint, as they said 80M on SSN yesterday (SKY 'sauces'), which seems a bit more like what the club would ask right now?

And how the fuck is there question marks over Richards and DeJong? Muppets.
Last edited by john@staustell on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 am

There are also question marks over how content others, such as Nigel de Jong and Mario Balotelli, are at the club.

??????
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:57 am

There are also question marks over the integrity of the british press
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 am

That article is most definitely slanted towards & influenced by Joorabchian.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 am

25 MILLION.

ARF ARF ARF
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:44 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
There are also question marks over how content others, such as Nigel de Jong and Mario Balotelli, are at the club.

??????

Indeed. That's incredibly stupid even for the press
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Kladze » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

craigmcfc wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

??????

Vincent Kompany also wants out ....... and Jo says he just can't take any more.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:50 am

Kladze wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

??????

Ahhh you've just given them tomorrows' back page headline
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Kladze wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

??????

Ahhh you've just given them tomorrows' back page headline

Mancini's had a bust up with Kidd for comparing him to Ferguson..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dronny » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Kladze wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

??????

Vincent Kompany also wants out ....... [highlight]and Jo says he just can't take any more[/highlight].

Clear and utter bullshit, I've just read a full page interview in the "Haywards Heath Horse and Hounds" sports section that Jo is being made Captain and being given a salary increase to reflect his new positive views??

The world boggles, who to believe????
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum