Interesting turn of events

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Interesting turn of events

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Been Reading a lot of articles on the net since this Tevez story broke and for some bizarre reason the majority of the press seem to have sided with the club over Carlito

I would have thought this would be the perfect opportunity to twist the knife but it seems they havnt taken it

Interesting times
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Interesting turn of events

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Even the most raggiest of media realise that Carlo is being a dick.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:36 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Even the most raggiest of media realise that Carlo is being a dick.

I think they genuinely see it as a chance to set a precedent..I think player power is starting to piss them off as much as anyone

I just hope we can hold our nerve here and we might just come out the other side smelling of roses
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Been very positive about the way we are dealing with things, even TalkSpirt have been very 'sympathetic'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Michigan Blue » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:49 pm

I wonder if "Ollie" will go on a rage-fueled tirade in support of Mancini and Manchester City...I won't hold my breath.
Last edited by Michigan Blue on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Even the most raggiest of media realise that Carlo is being a dick.

I think they genuinely see it as a chance to set a precedent..I think player power is starting to piss them off as much as anyone

I just hope we can hold our nerve here and we might just come out the other side smelling of roses

I really hope the club realises this (& Sheikh Mansour too). Sure it's easy to chuck money at it but even if Tevez was to sign a new deal, there's no telling what effect that would have on his performances, the team, the fans, even the manager. Every mistake would be scrutinised, every miss derided. We're not plastic fucking rags. They can have Rooney take the piss out of them but this is City, we can't be that shallow or we become cunts like them.

The only way for Tevez to fix this is to withdraw his transfer request, get his head down & play on under his original contract. Even then it will be a case of tolerating him. It's the future of the club which matters most here; we are choosing a path & if we choose the wrong one, we can't turn back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 pm

I will be extremely pissed off if the club gives hima contract extension. He has 3 and a half years left which will take him to 30 years of age. There is no need to give him a contract extension, whether he signs a new 5 year deal or stays on the current 3 and a half one, he won't be here to see out any of them.

Tell him he can go in the summer, get £40m for him and bring in someone who wants to be here.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BmoreBlue » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:06 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I will be extremely pissed off if the club gives hima contract extension. He has 3 and a half years left which will take him to 30 years of age. There is no need to give him a contract extension, whether he signs a new 5 year deal or stays on the current 3 and a half one, he won't be here to see out any of them.

Tell him he can go in the summer, get £40m for him and bring in someone who wants to be here.

this sums up pretty much everything i'm currently feeling about the situation
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 am

BmoreBlue wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I will be extremely pissed off if the club gives hima contract extension. He has 3 and a half years left which will take him to 30 years of age. There is no need to give him a contract extension, whether he signs a new 5 year deal or stays on the current 3 and a half one, he won't be here to see out any of them.

this sums up pretty much everything i'm currently feeling about the situation

We're filthy fcking rich and have had numerous gos at getting another striker of his calibre in and failed. Don't be so quick to cut him.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby circumspect » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:07 am

No idea what the end game is on this one.
Don't know what Tevez/Joorabchian REALLY want and whether the club are prepared to let them have it but my guess is that both sides still have cards to play and this whole mess will look very different in a couple of weeks' time.
My guess is that there is a huge personality clash and T&J want Cook gone.
circumspect
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dave Watson

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 am

(in a bristol accent)

Who are these people? Yeerr wrong !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby saulman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:48 am

I've not heard a single voice in support of him. He's gone from superhero to supervillian in the blink of an eye.

I hope for his sake that he really does want to go back to Argentina. The silly sod.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:52 am

He needs to screw his head back on and quickly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 am

From what I can see, unless I've missed something, the club haven't said categorically they wouldn't be interested in negotiating a new contract/extention in the summer.

What we've said is, we're not prepared to do it mid season, which has led to the subsequent leak of the info to the press, finger pointing and refusal by the club, and then Tevez' follow up.

As has been highlighted by a number of individuals in the media, why is there any need for a player to have a working relationship with an executive(s)? Only if there are negotiations ongoing.

I think the current impasse could quiet easily be resolved by getting around the table and having a custard cream or two.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 pm

circumspect wrote:No idea what the end game is on this one.
Don't know what Tevez/Joorabchian REALLY want and whether the club are prepared to let them have it but my guess is that both sides still have cards to play and this whole mess will look very different in a couple of weeks' time.

No big fan of Cookie, but if that's their demands, he MUST stay. You can't have a situation where a single player dictates anything, especially off the field activities. We are probably the only club in the world who could make a stand against such a well paid and valuable player. Chelsea did it previously with Mutu, but they couldn't play him anyway with his ban. This is different, it's us reminding him he has a contract and will therefore do what we say. If he doesn't like it, quit. We hold his registration, so can't play for anyone else and we can sue for the losses.

For the good of football, I really hope we push this. With the transfer fees, wages, demands of Rooney and others and FIFA's actions, most fans seem to be getting a bit fed up with the whole thing. This could be the final straw or could be the point where it starts to turn. I know football in general isn't our problem, but I really hope the right thing is done.

Even Alan Green was sticking up for us last night, so at that point, you know we must be in the right.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
circumspect wrote:No idea what the end game is on this one.

No big fan of Cookie, but if that's their demands, he MUST stay. You can't have a situation where a single player dictates anything, especially off the field activities. We are probably the only club in the world who could make a stand against such a well paid and valuable player. Chelsea did it previously with Mutu, but they couldn't play him anyway with his ban. This is different, it's us reminding him he has a contract and will therefore do what we say. If he doesn't like it, quit. We hold his registration, so can't play for anyone else and we can sue for the losses.

For the good of football, I really hope we push this. With the transfer fees, wages, demands of Rooney and others and FIFA's actions, most fans seem to be getting a bit fed up with the whole thing. This could be the final straw or could be the point where it starts to turn. I know football in general isn't our problem, but I really hope the right thing is done.

Even Alan Green was sticking up for us last night, so at that point, you know we must be in the right.

Strange times indeed.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:11 pm

It's the way of players to demand a transfer if they din't get their own way.
If they could only see the bigger picture. If Tevez and co. want to open contract negotiations, a request could be made, to which the club would reply "in the summer". He keeps his head down, works hard, proves himself invaluable and gets what he wants in the end!
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:28 pm

bernabias_right_boot wrote:It's the way of players to demand a transfer if they din't get their own way.
If they could only see the bigger picture. If Tevez and co. want to open contract negotiations, a request could be made, to which the club would reply "in the summer". He keeps his head down, works hard, proves himself invaluable and gets what he wants in the end!

Exactly.

I'm sure I noted on another site, the brother of a member confirmed Tevez was looking at renting a house for 5 years, which would tie in to the story that they were looking for a 1 year extension.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Return to The Maine Football forum