Nigel keeping cool over title talk

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Nigel keeping cool over title talk

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Nigel de Jong insists that City are not getting carried away despite another fine win on the road.

Saturday's 3-1 victory at Upton Park saw the Blues draw level with leaders Arsenal on points, prompting some pundits to declare that City are genuine contenders for the Barclays Premier League crown.

But when asked "can City win the title?", the Dutch midfielder gives a measured response, saying:

"That question was there from the start of the season. Every time there was a bad result, the reaction was 'City are not contenders any more', after a win like this people will be saying we are favourites for the title again.

"Let’s just see from week to week, it’s a
long season and we are not even half
way through yet."

"We should be measured after this month, in January we should see if we are still near the top of the table and whether we can continue in this way or not.

"We’ve got a lot of confidence after the last couple of games, and we’re getting to know each other better as time goes by, but we’ll let other people discuss Manchester City. The most important thing for us as players is don’t think about the title or about silverware too much, just go into every game with a 100% attitude and try to win every game."

But although a fifth booking of the season means that the popular 26-year-old will sit out next Monday's game against Everton, he is already looking to what he can do over the busy festive period.

He adds, "I’d rather miss a home game than an away game, and with the programme we have it will be a difficult month for us. I’d rather rest now and then carry on all the way into January."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Nigel keeping cool over title talk

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:06 pm

You've got to have a little man lurve for this fella That's Nige and not you Mark!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum