Lesson To Be Learned Here

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Lesson To Be Learned Here

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:...it's no coincidence that apart from Schmeichel, all their ex-players for us have been either poor or fucked us over or both in my lifetime.

I think it'd be good rule to just refuse to do business with current or former rags.

Dunno how old you are, NQDP, but Brian Kidd as a player was neither poor nor fucked us over. He played really well for us and looks now to be working very hard to do the job he is well paid for.

I do agree though he and Schmeichel are the exceptions that prove the rule.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:I know its unfair to play the "but you're from sweden" card but it doesn't make sense to me how much you hate them, you are by far the most obsessed person on this board and usually the first to come out with any anti "mune" comments

Its quite baffling to be honest

That miserable creature isn't Swedish. Us Swedes are peace-loving people who would never come out with controversial shit like that, no matter how depressed and infuriated we were. We wouldn't want to upset anyone.
No, Antti's ramblings are a trait of the gloomy, obsessive and vodka drenched national character of our beloved neighbours, the Finns.'

;-)

I'm not sure when Russia is going to finnally -- ahem -- crack down on some of their other breakaway republics, but i hope it happens soon. Just sayin.

cheers

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bluez » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wouldn't dare to question what he has done for us as he has been nothing short of brilliant and probably the best player I've ever seen for City. However fact remains that he has fucked us over AND made us a fucking laughing stock. Although whichever tool came up with "Welcome to Manchester" campaign with such unpredictable player should share some of the blame.

Has he made us a laughing stock? From what I have seen in the press so far, this is probably the first time since the new owners took over that all the press seem to be 100% behind City. If anything so far we are coming out of this looking good and it might be the start of the image tide turning.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we now manage to mess it up in some way.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby saulman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Bluez wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wouldn't dare to question what he has done for us as he has been nothing short of brilliant and probably the best player I've ever seen for City. However fact remains that he has fucked us over AND made us a fucking laughing stock. Although whichever tool came up with "Welcome to Manchester" campaign with such unpredictable player should share some of the blame.

Has he made us a laughing stock? From what I have seen in the press so far, this is probably the first time since the new owners took over that all the press seem to be 100% behind City. If anything so far we are coming out of this looking good and it might be the start of the image tide turning.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we now manage to mess it up in some way.

Agree with this. Even the rags at work that I banter with are saying he's an absolute cock. They're loving it, mind, but the general feeling is that Tevez and Kia and the bad guys here.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby markuse » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:I know its unfair to play the "but you're from sweden" card but it doesn't make sense to me how much you hate them, you are by far the most obsessed person on this board and usually the first to come out with any anti "mune" comments

That miserable creature isn't Swedish. Us Swedes are peace-loving people who would never come out with controversial shit like that, no matter how depressed and infuriated we were. We wouldn't want to upset anyone.
No, Antti's ramblings are a trait of the gloomy, obsessive and vodka drenched national character of our beloved neighbours, the Finns.'

;-)

I'm not sure when Russia is going to finnally -- ahem -- crack down on some of their other breakaway republics, but i hope it happens soon. Just sayin.

cheers

cheers

My brother has been living in Finland for a while and he was over there at first when he was 17 for a year-exchange. The family that hosted him (and which is still his "secondo family") has a grandfather who is a former pilot for the Air Force and he always says: "what are we going to fight the Russians with WHEN they come back, nurses and tree-huggers?" Please do note the when instead of if.

I know for sure that they avoid telling him of my Russian gf (I've kind of been adopted by them as well) since he'd probably freak out.
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I can't stand these "who hates the munes most," dick-measuring threads.This Tevez situation has absolutely cock all to do with that lot. Also, as has been said many times before, the scum didn't receive a penny of the tranfer fee we paid.

???????????

What the fuck??? This has fuck all to do with anything like that. I'm as fucking pissed off about Tevez as everyone else. Point is that it was yet another former rag in City in some capacity that turned out to be complete disaster. Did I say that I'm somehow better man for thinking that??? What an absurd point of view. We are ALL gutted.

"I fucking said not to trust any fucking munes no matter how good they are... I hope people have FINALLY learned their lesson and understand that we should NEVER have anything to do with any current or ex-munes. EVER."

That's what I'm basing my "absurd" opinion on.

It's understandable that you're pissed off with the whole saga, but I don't get why we had to bring the scum into it. It couldn't be more irrelevant that he played there before he played for us.

Also, in my opinion, Mark Hughes wasn't a "complete disaster." Managers and players are professionals, not fans. They don't invest as much emotionally as we do, and I very much doubt they care enough to intentionally fuck a club over at the expense of their own careers.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I can't stand these "who hates the munes most," dick-measuring threads.

This Tevez situation has absolutely cock all to do with that lot. Also, as has been said many times before, the scum didn't receive a penny of the tranfer fee we paid.

French gloyhunter.

Touché!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Also, in my opinion, Mark Hughes wasn't a "complete disaster."

Uh-oh.....
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Also, in my opinion, Mark Hughes wasn't a "complete disaster."

Uh-oh.....

I know, I know. I don't wanna go down that route again, but I thought I would quickly make the point. The club moved forward a lot during his time here and he gave the job his all. It'd be unfair to not give him that much credit.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Even when our best player hands in a transfer request and City are all over the news NQPD still has the ability to turn this forum into a discussion about himself. That's an incredible talent!! :-D
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:02 pm

You see I think that there is a distinction to be made in hating the rags and it is really quite easy.

I come from Salford and grew up in the midst of the twats - so I would be 'qualified' to hate them as much as anyone - but whilst my hatred knows no bounds that is not the reason I hate them - I go back to when there was genuine rivalry and I know the difference between keen rivalry and genuine deep-seated hatred

I firmly believe that there is no one that hates the rags more than me - it is actually physically and emotionally impossible, the depth of my hatred is only marginally behind the depth of my love for CITY.

But what is I hate? - it is not a name - it is not a colour - it is not a long term rivalry - it is the deep seated fucking sickening arrogance of some aspects that are typified by certain people such as fergiescum, and all those that act in his despicable image such as the neville sisters, cunt keane, twat scholes and many others that just drip the the self-centred image that all things scum are best

It is events by the club such as the Munich anniversary (based on lies and fabrication) - indulging themselves in a wankfest when a casual look at the facts quickly and clearly show that they acted disgracefully to the familes of those that lost their lives and to other associated victims.

It is the cringeworthy media that has bought into this decades long wankfest so completely and big up every thing about the scum

It is some (not all by any means) of their fans that exude this same self-important shallow set of attitudes when they are actually as thick as pig-shit on football matters

I do not hate a player just because he played there for a while - as long as he did not become like those examples mentioned - I do not hate a fan just because he supports the scum (so long as he....), I do not boycott SHARP, Vodafone etc just because they sponsor - I do not hate the tea ladies or the postman etc.

You see for hatred to be really deep-seated and really pure it has to have focus - not some general position

I cannot believe that anyone hates the scum more than me 'cos I nurture it and breathe it because I know what it is about the 'brand' that I really really hate
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Two points:
1) the board should apply a pay per view password on every thread Antii starts when on wind up... too much fun for free.
2) more seriously: only "Lesson To Be Learned Here" is to have a look not only to feet but also a bit to brain, insofar new purchases are concerned. Brazilians, Argies or Saxons, Wallalhians maybe... I find it hard to beleive the same would have happened with the likes of Maicon, J. Zanetti, Vinnie Kompany, Gareth Barry or Jimmy Jaws. Just to say someones.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby xavi6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I knew exactly what this thread was going to be about but I clicked it anayway.

The situation has fuck all to do with him being an ex-Rag. Maybe we should boot that Walmai lad out of the forum in case it's actually West Ham's fault?

Awful thread, especially when 99.9% of the football world, including rags, is on our side in this one.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm

i reckon we should put in a bid for rooney.
The Man In Blue

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:49 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:i reckon we should put in a bid for rooney.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby s1ty m » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

You see I think that there is a distinction to be made in hating the rags and it is really quite easy.

I come from Salford and grew up in the midst of the twats - so I would be 'qualified' to hate them as much as anyone - but whilst my hatred knows no bounds that is not the reason I hate them - I go back to when there was genuine rivalry and I know the difference between keen rivalry and genuine deep-seated hatred

I firmly believe that there is no one that hates the rags more than me - it is actually physically and emotionally impossible, the depth of my hatred is only marginally behind the depth of my love for CITY.

But what is I hate? - it is not a name - it is not a colour - it is not a long term rivalry - it is the deep seated fucking sickening arrogance of some aspects that are typified by certain people such as fergiescum, and all those that act in his despicable image such as the neville sisters, cunt keane, twat scholes and many others that just drip the the self-centred image that all things scum are best

It is events by the club such as the Munich anniversary (based on lies and fabrication) - indulging themselves in a wankfest when a casual look at the facts quickly and clearly show that they acted disgracefully to the familes of those that lost their lives and to other associated victims.

It is the cringeworthy media that has bought into this decades long wankfest so completely and big up every thing about the scum

It is some (not all by any means) of their fans that exude this same self-important shallow set of attitudes when they are actually as thick as pig-shit on football matters

I do not hate a player just because he played there for a while - as long as he did not become like those examples mentioned - I do not hate a fan just because he supports the scum (so long as he....), I do not boycott SHARP, Vodafone etc just because they sponsor - I do not hate the tea ladies or the postman etc.

You see for hatred to be really deep-seated and really pure it has to have focus - not some general position

I cannot believe that anyone hates the scum more than me 'cos I nurture it and breathe it because I know what it is about the 'brand' that I really really hate

Lol. Good post. But as for the bold bit, try me!
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m

Postby saulman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Forlan would do a job for us.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

mcfc1632 wrote:

In a nutshell. a more traditional set of Juventus fans...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby gillie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am

We are talking about footballers in the 21st Century here they don't have allegiance to any club only to their pay packet.So this don't sign any more munes bollox is as it says on the tin fuckin bollox.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby johnnyondioline » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:57 am

The Tevez experience:

In my view this really is a one off situation. I almost take my hat off to M Joorabchian for his timing. In business terms he is correct to act when he has.

An athlete without an agent is still an athlete...an agent without an athlete is homeless.

Right now Carlos is priceless to us. Yes we won this weekend, but how many would prefer him in or out of the team against Everton. He is 1st on teamsheet right now and rightly so. We are aiming for top 4 and currently look well on course if not better. We are slowly achieving and the worries about Mancini`s ability have rightly faded with recent results and performances.

Carlos is worth more to us right now than he has ever been. To date this season he has dictated where we have been successful,n true David silva has come to the party recently & Yaya also has stepped up his game. But take Carlos out completely & we have no immediate replacement. We dont have time to reconfigure at this time of the season. I think we have overachieved and about to flouruish, but remove Carlos and we are back to square 2, which is saturdays team.

I really hope we explore all angles on this (we being the club)I dont think any of us know Carlos true circumstances re his ex wife &* kids...but would it be so bad to say:

"Carlos we love you, you are doing a great job..............."

" We cant comply with your agent as we have to comply with fair play regs etc, our hands are tied, go talk to Mr Platini if you dont believe us" We are paying you lots of money and you are value for that, no-one else in the world can match it & we are happy to give you as much flexibilty as we can...We hear you...let us know how we can help.

Take it a step further

" Carlos...have 6 weeks off...go back to Argentina...enjoy xmas & new year, spend some time with the kids,talk to them and decide what you want to do.

Come back on feb 1st and for 3 months take out all your frustrations & show us how glad you are to be away from the wife & how you are missing playing competitive football against the best players in the world (your team mates) & if you want to talk in the summer.. lets talk.

Without him I believe we will struggle to get top 4, there is no feasible like for like replacement (David Villa in my dreams excepted)
so to large extent we need him more than he needs us,but for 6 months only.

Time for Mr Cook to step up to the plate
johnnyondioline
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum