Lesson To Be Learned Here

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Lesson To Be Learned Here

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Tevez is as much a Mune as I am. He doesn't give a fuck about them or anyone else other than himself.

I'm sure that in personal level you are right...... however it's no coincidence that apart from Schmeichell, all their ex-players for us have been either poor or fucked us over or both in my lifetime.

I think it'd be good rule to just refuse to do business with current or former rags.

Can you imagine standing up in a baord meeting with our power brokers and saying

"err I'd like to bring up item 45 on everyones agenda. The proposed no more rags policy"

seriously hope you're speaking with your tongue planted in your cheek.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:As much as I've been dumbfounded with his transfer request and decided to calm my nerves before coming here, only one thing has been pounding in my head....... I fucking said not to trust any fucking munes no matter how good they are. It will always end in tears.

I hope people have FINALLY learned their lesson and understand that we should NEVER have anything to do with any current or ex-munes. EVER.

Now that you've expressed your rant, justified as it may be, please look at his record for us. He's served the club well, and until he leaves he will keep doing so. Just look at Robinho for example, it ended badly all the same but he didn't even contribute as much to the club, so that's even worse.

He wants out? So be it, we can replace him and keep going forward, we'l thank him for what he's done for us and then go our own way.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:I know its unfair to play the "but you're from sweden" card but it doesn't make sense to me how much you hate them, you are by far the most obsessed person on this board and usually the first to come out with any anti "mune" comments

Its quite baffling to be honest

That miserable creature isn't Swedish. Us Swedes are peace-loving people who would never come out with controversial shit like that, no matter how depressed and infuriated we were. We wouldn't want to upset anyone.
No, Antti's ramblings are a trait of the gloomy, obsessive and vodka drenched national character of our beloved neighbours, the Finns.'

;-)

I can confirm what this softie is saying. Swedes would cry and hug each other and then hold group therapy in situations like Tevez leaving. Us Finns will just down two bottles of cheap vodka and hang ourselves.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Tevez is as much a Mune as I am. He doesn't give a fuck about them or anyone else other than himself.

I'm sure that in personal level you are right...... however it's no coincidence that apart from Schmeichell, all their ex-players for us have been either poor or fucked us over or both in my lifetime.

I think it'd be good rule to just refuse to do business with current or former rags.

I think most rags we've signed have been past it or not good enough & that's been the problem. If we're talking about having the piss taken out of us I'd have a no scousers rule, red or blue. They've been 50 times worse for us than rags over the years. I hope to Christ it doesn't follow suit with Torres.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Bullshit you lot. Antti has it BANG ON. I posted two months ago that I was waiting for Tevez to fuck us over and had never fully taken to him. Having said that I thought he'd shaft us much later than he has.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:15 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:As much as I've been dumbfounded with his transfer request and decided to calm my nerves before coming here, only one thing has been pounding in my head....... I fucking said not to trust any fucking munes no matter how good they are. It will always end in tears.

I hope people have FINALLY learned their lesson and understand that we should NEVER have anything to do with any current or ex-munes. EVER.

Now that you've expressed your rant, justified as it may be, please look at his record for us. He's served the club well, and until he leaves he will keep doing so. Just look at Robinho for example, it ended badly all the same but he didn't even contribute as much to the club, so that's even worse.

He wants out? So be it, we can replace him and keep going forward, we'l thank him for what he's done for us and then go our own way.

I wouldn't dare to question what he has done for us as he has been nothing short of brilliant and probably the best player I've ever seen for City. However fact remains that he has fucked us over AND made us a fucking laughing stock. Although whichever tool came up with "Welcome to Manchester" campaign with such unpredictable player should share some of the blame.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wouldn't dare to question what he has done for us as he has been nothing short of brilliant and probably the best player I've ever seen for City. However fact remains that he has fucked us over AND made us a fucking laughing stock. Although whichever tool came up with "Welcome to Manchester" campaign with such unpredictable player should share some of the blame.

The fact is that I'm not so ure he fucked us over. He wants out, ok, but it has happened before with big name players at other clubs. We are, thank God, in the position to buy whoever we want (bar Messi) to replace him, which is more than could be said about other clubs in the same situation in the past.

As for us being made a laughing stock by this, so far I think he's the one in the ridicule, handing in a transfer request to a club he's the captain of, the highest earner, adored by the fans; he has it all here but he wants out? If anything he's the one being laughed at; the rags and the media know we can replace him with anyone so they might laugh one day or two at our predicament but we're still joint top and being able to buy whoever we want. It's way better than it could be said about the rags when Rooney came out with his "I want out" shit in October.
CityFanFromRome

Postby john68 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Antti,
I have to say that deeeeeep down, despite my better judgement, there is a little bit of me that says....YOU ARE RIGHT.

Cheeap vodka before suicide is despicable mate...Expensive vodka, bought on credit that you never have to pay for, and go with a smile on the face and a good taste in the mouth. Please tell those Finns to show a bit of civilised class. Ta.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:45 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wouldn't dare to question what he has done for us as he has been nothing short of brilliant and probably the best player I've ever seen for City. However fact remains that he has fucked us over AND made us a fucking laughing stock. Although whichever tool came up with "Welcome to Manchester" campaign with such unpredictable player should share some of the blame.

The fact is that I'm not so ure he fucked us over. He wants out, ok, but it has happened before with big name players at other clubs. We are, thank God, in the position to buy whoever we want (bar Messi) to replace him, which is more than could be said about other clubs in the same situation in the past.

As for us being made a laughing stock by this, so far I think he's the one in the ridicule, handing in a transfer request to a club he's the captain of, the highest earner, adored by the fans; he has it all here but he wants out? If anything he's the one being laughed at; the rags and the media know we can replace him with anyone so they might laugh one day or two at our predicament but we're still joint top and being able to buy whoever we want. It's way better than it could be said about the rags when Rooney came out with his "I want out" shit in October.

You could say all that about Wooney....and oh how we all laughed.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 pm

For me he is dead, even if he will continue here. After seeing what he did, and what kind of character he is, not even a triple in every Scum game will erase this thing that he did.
Go to Barcelona, give as Alves and another player and some money and fuck off you twat.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 pm

I can't stand these "who hates the munes most," dick-measuring threads.

This Tevez situation has absolutely cock all to do with that lot. Also, as has been said many times before, the scum didn't receive a penny of the tranfer fee we paid.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I can't stand these "who hates the munes most," dick-measuring threads.This Tevez situation has absolutely cock all to do with that lot. Also, as has been said many times before, the scum didn't receive a penny of the tranfer fee we paid.

???????????

What the fuck??? This has fuck all to do with anything like that. I'm as fucking pissed off about Tevez as everyone else. Point is that it was yet another former rag in City in some capacity that turned out to be complete disaster. Did I say that I'm somehow better man for thinking that??? What an absurd point of view. We are ALL gutted.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby saulman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Goater was fuckin great, IMO.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I can't stand these "who hates the munes most," dick-measuring threads.

This Tevez situation has absolutely cock all to do with that lot. Also, as has been said many times before, the scum didn't receive a penny of the tranfer fee we paid.

French gloyhunter.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:58 pm

i actually agree ndqp.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

You could say all that about Wooney....and oh how we all laughed.

Yeah but Wooney expressed his fear for the future of the club and the inability to buy the best players; given their debt, that was a good enough excuse, and we laughed because we took it as a sign of the rags' decline being acknowledged by their best players too. At least, I laughed for that. And, that same inability to buy the best players is what landed Rooney the better contract. Had the rags had the financial backing we have, they would have told him to fuck off and replaced him with no worries, which is exactly what we can do with Tevez.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I can't stand these "who hates the munes most," dick-measuring threads.This Tevez situation has absolutely cock all to do with that lot. Also, as has been said many times before, the scum didn't receive a penny of the tranfer fee we paid.

???????????

What the fuck??? This has fuck all to do with anything like that. I'm as fucking pissed off about Tevez as everyone else. Point is that it was yet another former rag in City in some capacity that turned out to be complete disaster. Did I say that I'm somehow better man for thinking that??? What an absurd point of view. We are ALL gutted.

I wouldn't say that mate - even if we have to sell, he's worth more than we paid and he scored shitloads of goals for us.

I hope he stays and I haven't ruled that out yet at all, but nothing has "turned out" quite yet, there's twists to come... so saying he is a complete disaster is OTT IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm

saulman wrote:Goater was fuckin great, IMO.

Never a rag in my books. Never played for them. Got fucked by them well and good as well.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:

???????????

I wouldn't say that mate - even if we have to sell, he's worth more than we paid and he scored shitloads of goals for us.

I hope he stays and I haven't ruled that out yet at all, but nothing has "turned out" quite yet, there's twists to come... so saying he is a complete disaster is OTT IMO.

Maybe I should've been more precise. The situation is complete disaster. Tevez is brilliant footballer...... no question about that.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby saulman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:10 pm

saulman wrote:Goater was fuckin great, IMO.

Never a rag in my books. Never played for them. Got fucked by them well and good as well.

Dennis Law did a job for us.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum