Lesson To Be Learned Here

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Lesson To Be Learned Here

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 am

Interesting ideas but there's no guarantee Tevez would come back with the required fitness levels & attitude. If we went through the transfer window with no Tevez & no replacement signed, we'd be already either coping without him or struggling by Feb & if we were struggling we'd be leaving ourselves at the mercy of him & his agent. He could just do it again.

I don't think this timing is clever work by the agent personally. I think it's a gamble which has gone disasterously wrong.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby johnnyondioline » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 am

There is no guarantee but Carlos has been pretty good when returning jet lagged etc. I dont think its in his makeup not to try if he found himself playing..I dont think he is that bright. Plus he gets caught in the situation.

Lets see what his return brings. If we can keep him playing well till may we will be in top 4. If that costs the Sheikh 10m instead of buying someone for £40m then surely its good business & not hard to illustrate to Carlos.

We cant replace him with 1 player, there isnt one
johnnyondioline
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Trautmann » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 am

While we're at it let's place a ban on short South Americans with a grievance against their current club. Especially if they have dodgy marriages and representatives. Oh, and castoffs from our closest competitors. And prima donnas?
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 am

johnnyondioline wrote:There is no guarantee but Carlos has been pretty good when returning jet lagged etc. I dont think its in his makeup not to try if he found himself playing..I dont think he is that bright. Plus he gets caught in the situation.

Lets see what his return brings. If we can keep him playing well till may we will be in top 4. If that costs the Sheikh 10m instead of buying someone for £40m then surely its good business & not hard to illustrate to Carlos.

I must have missed something, I thought we were talking about nCarlos Tevez, not Diego Maradona or Lionel Messi...

Carlos is a top, top goalscorer, nobody can deny that. And he adds great workrate to that, so he is indeed a valuable asset to have in the team. But like some have said in other threads too, his backtracking and egoistical way of playing at times does stifle us, so if we could replace him with a proven Prem goalscorer like Torres (and manage to keep him fit), possibly adding a player like Dzeko or Llorente to him to develop and also cover us during his injuries, we would be ok goal-wise, and maybe this would even free more space for Silva to work his magic.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
johnnyondioline wrote:There is no guarantee but Carlos has been pretty good when returning jet lagged etc. I dont think its in his makeup not to try if he found himself playing..I dont think he is that bright. Plus he gets caught in the situation.

I must have missed something, I thought we were talking about nCarlos Tevez, not Diego Maradona or Lionel Messi...

Carlos is a top, top goalscorer, nobody can deny that. And he adds great workrate to that, so he is indeed a valuable asset to have in the team. But like some have said in other threads too, his backtracking and egoistical way of playing at times does stifle us, so if we could replace him with a proven Prem goalscorer like Torres (and manage to keep him fit), possibly adding a player like Dzeko or Llorente to him to develop and also cover us during his injuries, we would be ok goal-wise, and maybe this would even free more space for Silva to work his magic.

Also, I doubt the priviledges he get does any good to team spirit. Now I'm not saying that losing Tevez will be a good thing, it will be horrific, however there are some upsides here as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Also, I doubt the priviledges he get does any good to team spirit. Now I'm not saying that losing Tevez will be a good thing, it will be horrific, however there are some upsides here as well.

Imo there are too many players getting special treatment whilst others get criticised or kicked out & it needs to stop.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Tevez is as much a Mune as I am. He doesn't give a fuck about them or anyone else other than himself.

I'm sure that in personal level you are right...... however it's no coincidence that apart from Schmeichell, all their ex-players for us have been either poor or fucked us over or both in my lifetime.

I think it'd be good rule to just refuse to do business with current or former rags.

GOATER???
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Tevez is as much a Mune as I am. He doesn't give a fuck about them or anyone else other than himself.

I'm sure that in personal level you are right...... however it's no coincidence that apart from Schmeichell, all their ex-players for us have been either poor or fucked us over or both in my lifetime.

I think it'd be good rule to just refuse to do business with current or former rags.

Can you imagine standing up in a baord meeting with our power brokers and saying

"err I'd like to bring up item 45 on everyones agenda. The proposed no more rags policy"

seriously hope you're speaking with your tongue planted in your cheek.

Tbf that would be awesome!!!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum