Captaincy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Captaincy

Postby gaudy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm

saulman wrote:
gaudy wrote:
saulman wrote:
gaudy wrote:for anyone of the above posts that says theres only one person that cares for this club and names kolo clearly hasnt watched or read any interviews done by kompany.

vinny deserves to be captain without a doubt

Mate, there was an interview last week where Tevez stated his desire to stay at City. If any of these interviews you're referring to have come from the propaganda machine that is our OS then they are scripted to fuck, hugely edited and laden with a sprinkling of bollocks.

Though I do agree it should be Kompany if NDJ doesn't get the nod. Either of those two and I'd understand and be happy with the decision.

sorry if that came across as if it was aimed at you,or anyone else for that matter.
when tevez gave that interview last week i was the one to say it didnt seem genuine and that it was flawed.
re kompany,he lives for this club,seen when he gave tickets to the kids to watch their first city game,seen when he f**ked botang yday after west ham scored.i think he truely cares.

Nah, I was just reiterating that the OS wheels out interviews from players that give 'The Message' and nothing but. I know that it's all about belief and we must all 'feel' that the 'Blue Moon Rising' for it to happen, but I'm a complete cynical cunt. When they wheel Tevez out for an interview and he buggers them straight back within a week, the mask slips and allows everyone to see that the OS is just one big, fuck-off PR stunt.

That said, I do agree about Kompany. Him, De Jong, Zabba......there are a few that just seem to be great guys who are very happy to be here. More like them, please and sack the rest.

agree with all that.some people cant see that the os or the club for that matter tell you what you want to hear.
de jong and zabba do seem that way too.

im going to go with captain morgan,he was very nice to me last nite,not so good this morning.

great quote just said there by gary owen "When you got 560billion its not much of a crisis" "560 billion signs a hell of a player"!
Last edited by gaudy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Kompany is captain material but i dont want anything distracting him, let him concentrate on being the collosus that he is, nigel for me...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Could do with a word from Tevez really. If he wants to go then I'd give Vinny or Nige the captaincy. If, as it sounds, he's being manipulated by the agent, then he has to state that he wants to stay & tell the bloke to do one.

As this. Needs some confirmation of things as yet. My take is it will get smoothed over AND that Mancini will force Tevez to maintain the captaincy, forcing him to show his professional commitment to the club and the team.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Kompany is captain material but i dont want anything distracting him, let him concentrate on being the collosus that he is, nigel for me...

How much of a distraction is being captain. I didn't see it afect Tevez !

rKompany can for sure make a good captain but I think to be faie, it should remain with Kolo for this season at least.
Defintely should be taken away from Tevez, even if he stays.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Kompany is captain material but i dont want anything distracting him, let him concentrate on being the collosus that he is, nigel for me...

I agree with this. We have seen Distin, Dunne and Kolo's game at centre half all been affected by having the captains armband.

That and I love NDJ.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

How much of a distraction is being captain. I didn't see it afect Tevez !

rKompany can for sure make a good captain but I think to be faie, it should remain with Kolo for this season at least.
Defintely should be taken away from Tevez, even if he stays.

see above post.
If he doesn't stay i dont think he will retain the captaincy somehow ;)

becoming an all conquering top side requires a lot of learning all across the board. See it as a learning process.. makng mistakes and learning from them. If Tevez stays then the best thing Mancini can do is force him to remain captain.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Give it to Balo,i reckon it will settle him down like.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby ruralblue » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:09 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Give it to Balo,i reckon it will settle him down like.

Ha ha, he's be like 'so, so fucking what, i'm captain, Mmmmm so neither here nor there not really fucked if I am or not'

I would like to see Kolo have it back if anybody he seems to have a sound togetherness of the squad and always speaks out in the manner a captain should. Komps yup he's played prob the best football at City but I think he needs to just keep his head down and get on with being the cracking defender he his.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm

I vote either Alan when he signs or Michael Johnson,Maybe Ade if asks nice.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby JonnyAsh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Kompany would be my choice. More important though, are the future signings to this great Football Club we love. as important as their ability, are the players desire and character.
We must not just be seduced by showboaters and ego's, but look at potential loyalty and balance. I would much prefer a team, whose ethics are to work together as a team, rather than just individual brilliance. Mario may be the next crisis in line.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Tevez had a huge chip on his shoulder with Fergie, before he joined us, Ade had the same with Arsenal, and Mario with Inter.
as far as i know Silva didn't have the same issues, nor people like Kolorov. We don't need any more 'damaged goods'
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby markuse » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:39 pm

From what we've seen this year Mancini's choices have been

1- Tevez
2 - Kolo
3- NDJ

So i'd expect Kolo to take back the armband
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Trautmann wrote:Kolo for me--seems to be one player who cares about this club, and is showing leadership qualities.

You'd say kolo cares more than Vince and de jong??
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Don't give it back to Kolo. Give it to Kompany or de Jong!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Trautmann » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Nick wrote:
Trautmann wrote:Kolo for me--seems to be one player who cares about this club, and is showing leadership qualities.

You'd say kolo cares more than Vince and de jong??

No--I said he seems to be one player who cares, not THE only player who cares. I think his role and the way he carries it out makes him a good bet, but i would be ok to see it go to Nigel or Vinnie.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 pm

I would say it MUST be Vince. But I think the fact that mancio has stuck with Kolo, we wouldnt want to kick kolo in the teeth. Vince and NDJ are twice the captain material of kolo though IMO.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby frozen_pea » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Has to be Kompany.

After I saw him play a few times for us, said that he will be / should be the club captain one day.

de Jong would make a decent captain, but isn't always picked depending on opposition, also I feel doesn't communicate / order other players as well as Kompany can do.

I don't want Toure getting it again, don't think he does anything as a captain.

I'm not a fan of goalkeeper captains, Think they should shout and organise their defence as part of their role, and the captain should be a model professional on and off the pitch. Personally I don't have a problem with Hart and the other youngsters drinking, but I know the press would have a field day with it if he was captain.
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Kompany has to be our captain.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:30 pm

we've been playing virtually all season with a forward player who speaks virtually no English as the Captain and we've done pretty well. The whole captaincy issue is overplayed. It hardly matters who gets it imho. We just need to charge forward...any of the serious examples given -- Nige, Kompany or Kolo -- would work fine.

Would anyone else love it if the entire squad just froze Tevez out and didn't utter word one to him the rest of the time he was here?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby saulman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Would anyone else love it if the entire squad just froze Tevez out and didn't utter word one to him the rest of the time he was here?

I'd love it Keegan stylie. Tevez comes across as a little kid who just needs to be loved. That sort of reaction might make him stop and think. (though I believe Kia does all the thinking in that particular marriage)
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I think Micah should be captain.

Just sayin.....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto