Captaincy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Captaincy

Postby Esky » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 am

With the transfer request confirmed, do we revert to Kolo being the captain or hand it over to Kompany?
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Re: Captaincy

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 am

has it really been confirmed??? but if it has, it has got to be Nige for me.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am

Well Kolo was captain yesterday without Carlos, wasn't he? So this tells me if Tevez leaves Kolo will be the captain again, and probably Vinnie will be his second.

Still, I think it's a bit early to think about that, let's see how the Tevez situation really works out.

EDIT: read the OS statement, well he needs to be stripped of the band then, even if he stays. He's no good example for the other players anymore after this, even if he will keep scoring and working his socks off for the team until he actually leaves. That's because he may be a great player, but he's not a great man.
Last edited by CityFanFromRome on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am

Strip him. And I say keep him on the bench. And the new captain?? Probably Kolo, at this point I am beginning
to think none of those pampered shitheads deserves to wear City's armband!!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 am

fuck just read the statement am fuming!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 am

Yes it is confirmed on the OS.

THe captaincy HAS to go to Kompany or de Jong imho! Knowing Mancini though he might give it to Balotelli hahaha
Last edited by avoidconfusion on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:34 am

Could do with a word from Tevez really. If he wants to go then I'd give Vinny or Nige the captaincy. If, as it sounds, he's being manipulated by the agent, then he has to state that he wants to stay & tell the bloke to do one.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Trautmann » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 am

Kolo for me--seems to be one player who cares about this club, and is showing leadership qualities.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 am

Vincent has to take it for me. Nigel leads by example but Kompany has long been my captain of choice. I don't even care if Carlos keeps it if the rest of the team would accept that.

Not Kolo though....anyone but him, his form has been great since being relieved of it and I don't think he made a very impressive captain in any event
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby bluej » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 am

Aye its got to be Vincent for me too.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:39 am

No way can he stay as captain. Vinnie gets my vote.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 am

Has to be Kolo. Wouldn't be my first choice, but he took it off him to try and keep Herman Munster happy and to not give it back to him now the whining argie cock wants off, would be another snub. Think it should have been Vince, but you have to respect Kolo's feelings and it doesn't stop Vince having his say on the pitch.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby guv111 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 am

Just give it to someone - anyone - who actually cares about the club and the supporters.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Lee_R » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:13 am

Kolo
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby JB » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 am

My preference is for Vinnie to get it but if it were to go to Nigel, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Kolo is a no from me. Let him get on with his game without the burden of captaincy.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby saulman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Give it to our second best player IMO.

Nigel De Jong............... With Kompany as deputy.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gaudy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:41 pm

for anyone of the above posts that says theres only one person that cares for this club and names kolo clearly hasnt watched or read any interviews done by kompany.

vinny deserves to be captain without a doubt
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby saulman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:45 pm

gaudy wrote:for anyone of the above posts that says theres only one person that cares for this club and names kolo clearly hasnt watched or read any interviews done by kompany.

Mate, there was an interview last week where Tevez stated his desire to stay at City. If any of these interviews you're referring to have come from the propaganda machine that is our OS then they are scripted to fuck, hugely edited and laden with a sprinkling of bollocks.

Though I do agree it should be Kompany if NDJ doesn't get the nod. Either of those two and I'd understand and be happy with the decision.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gaudy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 pm

saulman wrote:
gaudy wrote:for anyone of the above posts that says theres only one person that cares for this club and names kolo clearly hasnt watched or read any interviews done by kompany.

Mate, there was an interview last week where Tevez stated his desire to stay at City. If any of these interviews you're referring to have come from the propaganda machine that is our OS then they are scripted to fuck, hugely edited and laden with a sprinkling of bollocks.

Though I do agree it should be Kompany if NDJ doesn't get the nod. Either of those two and I'd understand and be happy with the decision.

sorry if that came across as if it was aimed at you,or anyone else for that matter.
when tevez gave that interview last week i was the one to say it didnt seem genuine and that it was flawed.
re kompany,he lives for this club,seen when he gave tickets to the kids to watch their first city game,seen when he f**ked botang yday after west ham scored.i think he truely cares.
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby saulman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 pm

gaudy wrote:
saulman wrote:

sorry if that came across as if it was aimed at you,or anyone else for that matter.
when tevez gave that interview last week i was the one to say it didnt seem genuine and that it was flawed.
re kompany,he lives for this club,seen when he gave tickets to the kids to watch their first city game,seen when he f**ked botang yday after west ham scored.i think he truely cares.

Nah, I was just reiterating that the OS wheels out interviews from players that give 'The Message' and nothing but. I know that it's all about belief and we must all 'feel' that the 'Blue Moon Rising' for it to happen, but I'm a complete cynical cunt. When they wheel Tevez out for an interview and he buggers them straight back within a week, the mask slips and allows everyone to see that the OS is just one big, fuck-off PR stunt.

That said, I do agree about Kompany. Him, De Jong, Zabba......there are a few that just seem to be great guys who are very happy to be here. More like them, please and sack the rest.
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum