Mancini is a born winner says Kidd

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini is a born winner says Kidd

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:46 pm

City’s number two Brian Kidd performed post match honours for Roberto Mancini at Upton Park and then promptly used his slot to praise the manager.

Experienced Kidd likened the Italian to United chief Alex Ferguson and pronounced his current boss a born winner.

Mancini left East London a happy man after an eighth game without defeat and sharing top slot in the Premier League with Arsenal.

And he journeyed too with a ringing endorsement from a coach who has seen, played with and worked alongside some of the world’s best.

“I see the same desire, ambition and passion in Roberto that I did when I worked alongside Alex Ferguson,” declared Kidd after the 3-1 romp at bottom of the table West Ham.

"I am privileged to work alongside him
on the training ground and I am glad all
the hard work he puts in is coming to
fruition"

“I see all the vital ingredients for success in Roberto. He has all the traits of a winner. He is a stickler for detail with a wonderful work ethic who will not accept second best.

“It hurts him when he sees mistakes and is a fantastic coach. Manchester City should be pleased they have him as the manager.”

Kidd was delighted with the performance that swept West Ham away though ever the professional he was able to find plenty of room for improvement.

“We did well against a side that is fighting hard at the bottom of the table and has had some improved form of late,” he said.

“We had to work really hard and focus well and we did a professional job from the start. In the end we ran out comfortable winners but we don’t take any opposition for granted.

“The only disappointment was that we gave away a late goal. The table looks good but they don’t give trophies out in December. We must forget this win and go back home and work towards the next game.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Mancini is a born winner says Kidd

Postby Chinners » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:54 pm

As good a place as any to repost this from the match thread.

Chinners wrote:Kidd compares Mancini to Demento!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 278836.stm
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Mancini is a born winner says Kidd

Postby shawzy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Ye spotted this in the match thread earlier..What a top bloke Kidd is.Handles hiself real well in front of camera.So much positivity for the club..Well in.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Return to The Maine Football forum