Training Friday 10/12

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 10/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:52 pm

I didn't know whther to feel a little wary about going today after the spying article.I looked up spying before I went out and it's pretty clear to me that I am doing it all wrong.Some how getting a wave from the manager each day and acknowledgements from the coaching staff and physios including the occasional chat doesnt seem to fit the definition of spying.But I suppose it's no surprise that's the way an article would get written.

Ah well on to today and it was a really good session for me watching,really good to watch.I got there early to hear some noise so I thought they had started early but it was few groundsmen kicking a ball about.Nothing too much for the squad to worry about there but then first out was Lescott to do some warm up stuff on his own.Then after they were all out and had done some standard warm up stuff they were just working in 2's and 3's and I noticed Mario and Jerome messing around together and generally having a laugh. Don't suppose pictures of that will make the gutter press even though there were a couple of the usual cameras around.

They were then organised into 2 teams for a game of handball which is always good for a laugh and this time it became hilarious. Ivan Carminati explained and demonstrated that passes could only be made with both feet off the ground. Some of them trying this were funny but watching Nigel do it almsot had me falling off my steps.He looked more like a ballerina than a footballer and was laughing constantly as it went on.The 2 stars of this game were actually SWP and Micah who were acting keepers. Micah was basically impassable.

Then Ivan got 3 players together holding hands and they had to target a player and just touch him. Lescott was target 1 and they failed because Micah let go off Mario to rugby tackle him.So then the 3 some ( MIcah/Mario and SWP) went for Nigel and got him That made 4 who went for Patrick and that was no contest.It ended with a failure to get Jerome who was too quick for them. All great fun watching the kids in playground mode.

Sanity returned as Mancini took 11 away for some coaching while the other 11 stayed around for some standard exercises before they swapped around and Mancini ended with the likely team for tomorrow.

The final bit today was a match and Milner started on fire scoring twice in quick succession, the first pinging in off both posts. Micah then scored a great goal with a surge down the middle and a 1, 2 with Yaya.RSC got his customary two and the last from a class cross from Kolarov.All in all there was some great quality and competitiveness on show and it was a pleasure to watch.

Roll on tomorrow and a great win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 10/12

Postby dikdik » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Many thanks Mr Higginbottom. Class as always.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Doug, if you were manager would you play Rocky based on his training efforts?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Tip top Doug as per... even a bit cheeky.

So the probable team for tomorrow are the likely lads then! Should be fun.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john@staustell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks to the Man From Uncle.

I wonder if Mancini actually wanted people like Boateng to tackle Mario hard in training to get him used to it and stop that constant reaction? Possibility.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:05 pm

dazby wrote:Doug, if you were manager would you play Rocky based on his training efforts?

I have always believed RSC was/is a good player and would score goals if given the chance on anything like a regular basis.But in the situation we are in now the answer is no I wouldnt play him although I may well have him as a regular on the bench depending on who else might be available for the bench.That isn't as a result of what he does in training as he is a good trainer but simply a reflection of the quality we have and the way we look to play the game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:07 pm

john@staustell wrote:Thanks to the Man From Uncle.

I wonder if Mancini actually wanted people like Boateng to tackle Mario hard in training to get him used to it and stop that constant reaction? Possibility.

Everyone knows that PV runs the in house mafia with his side kick 'wrinkly dog' Nige.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby blues-clues » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Cheers Doug, sounds like team spirit is at an all time low! Your first paragraph demonstrates that a few posters have overeacted with their assumptions that the club would object to your posts. Clearly the friendly chats and waves from Bob himself demonstrate that we can carrly on looking forward to your informative posts. Good man!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Many thanks Mr Higginbottom. Great report as usual: some s.c. professionals should keep learning on.

How are you mr. Jason Burt, btw? Nice to have someone who actually care of our belowed Club, finally.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby saulman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I suggest you apply for that idiots job who's nicking your material, Doug.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blootoof » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom, ruining city training sessions since 2008.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fesan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Thank you again for stepping into the cold (or heat depending on journo's?:) and giving us a brilliant report:-)

Do you think Balotelli will start tomorow?
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum