Telegraph rips off our Doug - get the MCF lawyers on it....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Telegraph rips off our Doug - get the MCF lawyers on it....

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:42 am

Doug hasn't done anything wrong though and if the council wont allow them to put fences up what can be done?
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby citytilidie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:46 am

perhaps we could put our own 'fences' up around the reports? a dedicated private training report forum for members only with x number of posts?
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:12 pm

I have said this before - as much as we all like to see the training reports from any City fan I think access by anyone other than City employees shouldn't be allowed...period.

The training should be in private behind a fucking huge fence..if it was then we wouldn't have got so much bad publicity on so called "spats" and any other negative reporting.

Close up shop City...dont give anyone extra ammo to slate or unsettle us.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Burt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 pm

blootoof wrote:[center]JASON [size=200][b]BURT IS A CUNT![/center][/b][/size]

I'll fuclin ave you you cunt!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Isn't the off topic forum private to only members?

Perhaps we could move the reports there?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Isn't the off topic forum private to only members?

Perhaps we could move the reports there?

Doesnt take alot just to sign up though but would perhaps put them off a bit
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues-clues » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:28 pm

If City had a problem with Doug's reports I am certain that they would have had a quiet word. My feeling is that nothing Doug says is particularly useful to the competition. Clubs like City are trying to be more accessible to fans and fans who stand around through wind rain hail and snow like Doug does almost every day during the season should be applauded not criticised. Doug gives very little away on tactics or personnel and as I said at the beginning I am sure that if CIty felt they were being damaged by what Doug is doing they would ask him to stop or change and he would do so immediately. Too much is being made of this just because it has come to the attention of the national media.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:37 pm

blues-clues wrote:If City had a problem with Doug's reports I am certain that they would have had a quiet word. My feeling is that nothing Doug says is particularly useful to the competition. Clubs like City are trying to be more accessible to fans and fans who stand around through wind rain hail and snow like Doug does almost every day during the season should be applauded not criticised. Doug gives very little away on tactics or personnel and as I said at the beginning I am sure that if CIty felt they were being damaged by what Doug is doing they would ask him to stop or change and he would do so immediately. Too much is being made of this just because it has come to the attention of the national media.

Regardless - City should have the means to allow in who they want and when they want....right now ANYTHING that gets picked up will be scrutinized and does get scrutinized.

This has to be stopped.

I would imagine City are looking ways to keep their training private from all and sundry.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby superkev8705 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
blues-clues wrote:If City had a problem with Doug's reports I am certain that they would have had a quiet word. My feeling is that nothing Doug says is particularly useful to the competition. Clubs like City are trying to be more accessible to fans and fans who stand around through wind rain hail and snow like Doug does almost every day during the season should be applauded not criticised. Doug gives very little away on tactics or personnel and as I said at the beginning I am sure that if CIty felt they were being damaged by what Doug is doing they would ask him to stop or change and he would do so immediately. Too much is being made of this just because it has come to the attention of the national media.

Regardless - City should have the means to allow in who they want and when they want....right now ANYTHING that gets picked up will be scrutinized and does get scrutinized.

This has to be stopped.

I would imagine City are looking ways to keep their training private from all and sundry.

Another reason why we are looking at having a new training ground built.

Training threads for me should be in another forum where only members can access with, say, 50 or more posts so that press etc cannot create a login.
Last edited by superkev8705 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back of the net
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:49 pm

blootoof wrote:[center]JASON BURT IS A CUNT![/center]

That.

Bang out of order what he has done. Lazy journalism at its best, which most probably will put an end to one of the best features on this site.

We can't have doug putting post ups about training if the nationals are gonna print it and make it theirs, I agree with carl, it's sadly not something which will help city in the long run, the nationals will use doug to forfill there own agendas, it's just a matter of time.

Sucks but this could be the end of the douglas daily reports :(
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Beeks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

superkev8705 wrote:
Training threads for me should be in another forum where only members can access with, say, 50 or more posts so that press etc cannot create a login.

Great idea
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:

Great idea

Or make it available only for posters who've joined before a certain date, with exceptions being made if a new poster has contributed a lot..
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby simon12 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:17 pm

I think the private email idea was best unfortunately. This twat couldn`t find anything negative on City so had to stir something. Thanks for all the hard work Doug.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:43 pm

This is shocking.

The solution is simple enough though, have restricted access to the thread as suggested.
Someone will have to sort out something similar on Bluemong too, as Doug's report is posted in there also, i believe by NMT.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby edgeley blue » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Absolutely incredulous, have they not got anything better to do. What a bunch of idle , snivelling twats these journos are. If I was you Doug I would send a bill to the telegraph, explain to them that if you nick somebodys information, you are supposed to credit them, by name after asking the original author first.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ruralblue » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:09 pm

I would imagine City themselves will have someone who reads Dougs reports anyway, just in case he his giving too much info away and would have a private word with him if he stepped over the line. It's just more media bullshit trying to make us out to be twunts. Fuck em and double fuck em all.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:22 pm

agree with cunt for a change, as much as it is good reading about what goes on at training i think it should be a much tighter shop. soz doug.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:27 pm

City are well aware of what I report and if they ask me stop altogether I would but in any of my discussions with VK it has never been suggested and I am hoping that there isn't an overreaction as a result of the Daily T.Maybe I shouldnt have mentioned that the team for Saturday lost in the practice game on half a pitch with a player missing :)

I sent an e mail today and await a response.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 pm

This makes me laugh. You certainly cannot trust the press these days. Thank god we have got Doglas!
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Dougs posts get copied and put onto bluemoon and there is also the fact that NMT also writes reports, so there will always be access. Doug actually posts very good report but there is a lot of detail that doug does not post and keeps tactical and possible sensitive information out of his reports. The fact that the telegraph picked up those points goes to show that they have an anti-city agenda, which is nothing new to us. What have we learnt from this? Journos are lazy hacks who know nothing and rely on others to do their work for them.....nothing new there then.

Keep up the good work Doug, I think you r reports are excellent and pro-city.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum