El Standio de Familia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

El Standio de Familia

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 am

I have just got tickets for me, the Aussie, my best mate and his missus and their two little boys (and their grandad) to the Villa match.

On the basis that the two lads are only 6 and 4 I thought I'd best take them somewhere more civilised so we are in "the family stand"

Sounds dreadful......is it?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: El Standio de Familia

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:07 am

ant london wrote:I have just got tickets for me, the Aussie, my best mate and his missus and their two little boys (and their grandad) to the Villa match.

On the basis that the two lads are only 6 and 4 I thought I'd best take them somewhere more civilised so we are in "the family stand"

YES, it is a massive difference to what your used to old bean
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:14 am

Wonderwall wrote:
ant london wrote:I have just got tickets for me, the Aussie, my best mate and his missus and their two little boys (and their grandad) to the Villa match.

YES, it is a massive difference to what your used to old bean

But it'll be great for the kids, I hear them screaming from the other end of the stadium.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Scatman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 am

apparently they've improved the matchday experience over there
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 am

I can imagine it being like a pantomime atmosphere in the North Stand, with screams of 'He's behind you' and lots of hissing and booing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby saulman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 am

Lob us a few chicken nuggets over to the East stand will ya? I'm dying to know just how good they taste.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:22 am

Standio indeed? Is that the Cairo version Ant?

Try 'La Tribuna familiar' or 'Las Tribunas Familiares' or 'La Tribuna de la familia'. Or if you're high enough you might get 'Anfiteatro familiar'.

Club says festive tickets are selling out fast. Arsenal away has gone, Toon nearly. Villa and Blackpool home going fast, even Blackpool have already sold 1000 of their 2700 option. Everton looking a bit wish at the moment, but there's a while to go yet.

Enjoy!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I can imagine it being like a pantomime atmosphere in the North Stand, with screams of 'He's behind you' and lots of hissing and booing.

"He's offside!" shouts the linesman, "Oh no he isn't!" shout the kids "Oh yes he is!" shouts the linesman, "Oh no he isn't!" shout the kids, etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 am

Nothing like the church-like atmosphere that some on here would have you believe. Sure we're not standing throughout and the language is cleaned up a bit, but there's plenty of singing unless the stadium as a whole is quiet

Hope you all enjoy it
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:39 am

craigmcfc wrote:Nothing like the church-like atmosphere that some on here would have you believe. Sure we're not standing throughout and the language is cleaned up a bit, but there's plenty of singing unless the stadium as a whole is quiet

Hope you all enjoy it

'That's the way to do it!'

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby SORTED » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:37 am

Were the club au fait with selling you 5 adult tickets with just the two bin lids Ant?

I only ask as I believe they have a strict policy of two adults per child; if you get a jobsworth on the gate you may have problems mate.
SORTED

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:16 am

SORTED wrote:
Were the club au fait with selling you 5 adult tickets with just the two bin lids Ant?

I only ask as I believe they have a strict policy of two adults per child; if you get a jobsworth on the gate you may have problems mate.

Hmmm good to know, I shall ensure I have a contact's phone number with me just in case.

We've got a load of corporate tickets and a box there and the tickets have been supplied by our "contact at City" so I hope that there will be no drama. Thanks for the heads up on that tho
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 am

john@staustell wrote:Standio indeed? Is that the Cairo version Ant?

Try 'La Tribuna familiar' or 'Las Tribunas Familiares' or 'La Tribuna de la familia'. Or if you're high enough you might get 'Anfiteatro familiar'.

Club says festive tickets are selling out fast. Arsenal away has gone, Toon nearly. Villa and Blackpool home going fast, even Blackpool have already sold 1000 of their 2700 option. Everton looking a bit wish at the moment, but there's a while to go yet.

Enjoy!

haha....showio offio!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 pm

ant london wrote:
SORTED wrote:

Hmmm good to know, I shall ensure I have a contact's phone number with me just in case.

We've got a load of corporate tickets and a box there and the tickets have been supplied by our "contact at City" so I hope that there will be no drama. Thanks for the heads up on that tho

Its not that closely monitored. No checks at all anywhere so there won't be a problem getting in. I've turned up several times without any of my kids in tow.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roblues » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 am

On a similar note, I emigrated to Canada in September, leaving my brother with my Seasoncard in Block 111 (I intend to return at some point in the short to medium term and reclaim it) - I'm coming back temporarily for the Blackpool and Villa games, and have bought extra tickets so that my brother can go too. I'm in block 302. What can I expect?
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby spiv » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:42 am

I shove my son into that stand when i sell his ticket in the south stand so if you hear some young lad trying to explain the offside rule to some little girls please tell him to stop swearing.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:28 am

craigmcfc wrote:Nothing like the church-like atmosphere that some on here would have you believe. Sure we're not standing throughout and the language is cleaned up a bit, but there's plenty of singing unless the stadium as a whole is quiet

Hope you all enjoy it

Finally a sensible response.

Apparently you only have big balls and are a true City fan if you stand up all through the game in the South Stand or East/South corner.

How stupid of City to encourage youngsters and the next generation of fans to come along without being subjected to foul language, cigarette smoke and not being able to actually see the game eh?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Ant,
You will have no problem whatsoever. I suggest that you wear that schoolgirl outfit that Doomie lent you when you were going to that....erm...Have I said too much Ant?....erm...sorry mate...:-)

Huh!..."slightly disconnected"...indeed!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beeks » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Suppose i'll have to get used to this when my little guy is old enough to come along...that's if i'm not priced out by then ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john68 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:56 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Suppose i'll have to get used to this when my little guy is old enough to come along...that's if i'm not priced out by then ;-)

Why? Have you got a schoolgirl outfit too?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum