Seriously...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Seriously...

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:44 am

Honestly I am lost for words...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... ts-attack/?

This is my favourite part;

"People probably see Crawley coming the way they see Man City coming at the top level."

No, no they don't. No one gives two fucks about Crawley.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Re: Seriously...

Postby john68 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:38 am

The comment "idiot Arabs" so defines the man himself as an idiot and typifies so much that is wrong with English football.
Gobshite nobodies trying to get a step up by attacking what they see as an easy target, without any inkling of what they are talking about.
He hasn't stopped to consider that the money our "idiot Arabs" have invested in the game is money that is new to the game that has come from sources outside the game. The investment of our "idiot Arabs" has benefitted the coffers of clubs, helped them balance their books, strengthen their teams and invest in their youth systems.
Would he rather our "idiot Arabs" did what the Glazers have done, milk the game for all its worth, take the cash from fans and divert it into funding their own other failing businesses?

That idiot shows absolutely no respect for our club by his comments. A little research by him would show that our "idiot Arabs" have shown not only our club and its fans respect but also the local community by continuing to fund the youth, disabled and other community projects, of which our club is justly proud. If he happened to watch the England World Cup presentation, he could not have failed to note the successful impact of one of those projects on the lives of ordinary people. Funded, coincidentally, by our "idiot Arabs"

If I were the boss at Crawley, my next investment would be a strait jacket and gag for this IDIOT.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Michigan Blue » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:49 am

Just wiki'ed the knuckledragger and it seems he's best known for committing fraud, tax evasion, and continually bringing the game in disrepute with abusive behavior, etc. A few years back he nearly became the first Football League manager to be jailed.

The cunt should speed up his male pattern baldness, I think he's got a brighter future on the look-alike circuit as a Rooney impersonator.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby paulmclaren » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:31 am

<<<opens another beer.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 am

Any time I see a post from John, longer than 2 lines I run greedily at it.
Once again he showed his depth and has eloquently summed up not only our respect but all the pride we feel for the backers of this Great Club.

That said - no harm intended to Blue Bond - the only wise answer to the shit carried by tabloid is only SAVE YOUR MONEY for a better use... if you go down the toilet what do you find aspects of a packet?

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Burt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:06 am

I stopped reading after the first few sentences where it states their club nickname is "The Red Devils". Nuff said about the devilworshipping fuclers methinks.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 am

Just firing off a quick email to Crawley Town FC, there's about 5 or 6 of us from the local City Supporters club who go up and watch CTFC half a dozen times a season.

Not anymore we're not.....
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 am

£250,000 on a player for a non-league team, now who's the idiot?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kladze » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:02 am

Beefymcfc wrote:£250,000 on a player for a non-league team, now who's the idiot?

You'd be surprised at how much they earn as well.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:02 am

With absolutely no apologies to John for plagiarising his eloquent riposte, here's my email to CTFC

Well done on beating Swindon in the Cup, a fantastic result!

I along with up to a dozen or so like minded souls - we support a Premiership Club but have a local Supporter's Club Branch in Mid Sussex with 80+ members - attend regular games at CTFC so that we can keep in touch with good quality football. We'll watch anything up to 6-10 games a season, sadly that will now not be happening.

Why????? We support Manchester City and are incensed with Steve Evans crass remarks about our owner in one of the "quality" papers, the Daily Star.

The comment "idiot Arabs" so defines the man himself as an idiot and typifies so much that is wrong with English football. Gobshite nobodies trying to get a step up by attacking what they see as an easy target, without any inkling of what they are talking about.

He clearly hasn't stopped to consider that the money our "idiot Arabs" have invested in the game is money that is new to the game that has come from sources outside the game. The investment of our "idiot Arabs" has benefitted the coffers of clubs, helped them balance their books, strengthen their teams and invest in their youth systems.

Would he rather our "idiot Arabs" did what the Glazers have done, milk the game for all its worth, take the cash from fans and divert it into funding their own other failing businesses?

Your very own "idiot" shows absolutely no respect for our club by his comments. A little research by him would show that our "idiot Arabs" have shown not only our club and its fans respect but also the local community by continuing to fund the youth, disabled and other community projects, of which our club is justly proud. If he happened to watch the England World Cup presentation, he could not have failed to note the successful impact of one of those projects on the lives of ordinary people. Funded, coincidentally, by our "idiot Arabs"

I don't expect a reply to my email, and as you're quite happy shelling out big money for players I'm sure the loss of £1,800+ a year will not be missed

Yours in disgust

Paul Dronfield
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:20 am

Expect a response about how he was "quoted out of context", or the journo "twisted my words", which given the standard of newspapers in this country wouldn't surprise me.

Don't hold your breath though.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 pm

The 'idiot arabs' should employ their overpriced 'idiot' lawyers to take this guy to the fucking cleaners
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 pm

If I was a reasonably paid person with access to the national press, I think I'd avoid making slanderous and probably racist comments against one of the richest men in the world. But then again, I'm not an idiot.

Hope City take him to the cleaners.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:47 pm

I've just emailed the club too

I suggest you all do the same

info@crawleytownfc.com
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Expect a response about how he was "quoted out of context", or the journo "twisted my words", which given the standard of newspapers in this country wouldn't surprise me.

Don't hold your breath though.

Just followed up my email with a phone call as I haven't heard from CTFC. I outlined my point of view to which the guy said "Did you hear SE say these things", to which I replied no, but he's been quoted in the national press. His answer was "don't believe everything you read in the press" to which I replied "good, I look forward to CT suing the Daily Star for slander for their headline "CRAWLEY BOSS STEVE EVANS ‘IDIOTS’ ATTACK".

"We'll get back to you Sir"

Like fuck they will, but I'll keep you posted!!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:If I was a reasonably paid person with access to the national press, I think I'd avoid making slanderous and probably racist comments against one of the richest men in the world. But then again, I'm not an idiot.

Hope City take him to the cleaners.

Generally I'd avoid calling one of the richest men in the world "idiot arabs" on any situation. But that's just me. I'm not manager of mighty Crawley Town.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john68 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Dronny,
No apologies necessary mate.I'm a team player and it my words prove useful, use 'em all you like.

I suggest you use these words i previously used when dropping your Missus off in my cab....Try them when have given her a lift home from the supermarket...."That'll be £5.80 please.".."Do you want a receipt?"...:-)
But FFS, don't tell her it was my idea.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm

john68 wrote:Dronny,
No apologies necessary mate.I'm a team player and it my words prove useful, use 'em all you like.

I suggest you use these words i previously used when dropping your Missus off in my cab....Try them when have given her a lift home from the supermarket...."That'll be £5.80 please.".."Do you want a receipt?"...:-)
But FFS, don't tell her it was my idea.

LOL, sounds like you've trotted those words out a few times John!!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 pm

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/newsdetails.php?ID=1767

Crawley Town Football Club would like to place on record, an apology to Manchester City Football Club and their generous new owners for any misunderstanding in the recent Sun Newspaper article.

The article in question states that our manager Steve Evans made derogatory comments towards the club’s style of spending in the transfer market.

Crawley Town and Steve Evans have no opinion on any other clubs spending methods and would comment that the generous investment from the new owners of Manchester City has been fantastic for football.

As a small club we are not used to the media attention that has been generated from our recent success in both the league and FA Cup and understand we need to take more care in future on how we deal with the Media.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Always astonished at who many people get so angry at other people's opinions. Whoever Steve Evens is can say what the fuck he wants, what is the real consequence of his words?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum