Kelvin Etuhu

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kelvin Etuhu

Postby saulman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm

john68 wrote:I sort of feel sorry for those City youth prospects of that age group. They set their standards on what we were and would have beleived they had every chance of good careers with us.
City changed, the standards sky rocketted and those unable to cope and step up, got left behind.
Plenty of shattered dreams in that generation.

But their chances in football are still better than most of those from other academies. Anyone graduating during the Cassell years must be looked upon favourably when seeking a new club. And they do say that the further up the tree you are when you fall, the more branches yhou'll hit on the way down. The City academy is pretty much at the top, IMO.

That said, I also agree about the standards increasing beyond reach. That doesn't just go for the academy but for pretty much everyone at the club when Mansour took over. Fair play to the likes of Micah who've battled their way into contention.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum