Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 am

Chelsea target David Luiz would prefer Manchester City move
Roberto Mancini encouraged to make bid for Benfica defender
Manchester City have been encouraged to step up long-time interest in Benfica defender David Luiz after he indicated he would prefer a move to Eastlands over Chelsea.
City have been trying to sign £25m-rated Luiz since May but were reluctant to get involved in an auction and have made moves to sign Sporting Lisbon defender Daniel Carrico.

City, meanwhile, are ready to release striker Kelvin Etuhu, 22, on a free transfer

West Ham are planning to lure Shaun Wright-Phillips from Manchester City in a cut-price deal in January. (Daily Star)

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool could pip Spurs to the signing of Ajax striker and captain Luis Suarez in January. Metro

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy wants Tottenham's Robbie Keane to make a sensational return to Molineux and fire the club to Premier League safety. Daily Mirror

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce could leave Ewood Park unless he is allowed to bid for targets such as Keane and former Rovers striker Roque Santa Cruz. The Sun

Liverpool are mulling over a move to sign Brazilian playmaker Ronaldinho from AC Milan, with Los Angeles Galaxy also interested in buying him at the end of the season. IM Scouting

Juventus are prepared to let Momo Sissoko go to Aston Villa - but the Italian giants will demand £6m.Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Villa and Wigan are both interested in out-of-favour Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak. talkSPORT

Blackpool goalkeeper Matt Gilks admits he may have to quit the club after talks over a new contract broke down. Daily Mirror

West Ham and Bolton are both in the frame to land Real Madrid's out-of-favour midfielder Sergio Canales. talkSPORT

Real Madrid are looking to sign Liverpool target and France midfielder Yann M'Vila, according to the Spanish press. talkSPORT

Arsenal are closing in on a deal for Dinamo Zagreb's teenage full-back Sime Vrsaljko. Daily Mail

Martin Jol has ruled himself out of the running to become Newcastle manager because of his friendship with Chris Hughton, who was sacked from the job on Monday. The Times

Jol has been put off the job by the offer of a results-based contract and next to nothing to spend. Daily Express

Jol's decision means former West Ham and Charlton boss Alan Pardew is likely to be named Magpies boss by the weekend. Daily Mail

Newcastle top scorer Andy Carroll could lead a dressing room revolt over the club's decision to sack Hughton. The Independent

Arsenal star Samir Nasri is to be rewarded for his brilliant form with a new five-year contract worth £21 million. The Sun

Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic could quit the club if he is shunted back out to right-back, the Serbia defender's agent has warned. Daily Mail

Meanwhile, Ivanovic's Stamford Bridge team-mate Didier Drogba is expecting an emotional return to former club Marseille on Wednesday. The Guardian

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has once again distanced himself from stories linking him with the England manager's position. talkSPORT

Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez admits he is in deep water at Inter Milan after crashing to a 3-0 Champions League defeat at Werder Bremen. Daily Mirror

Les Murray, a Australian member of Fifa's ethics committee, has described the decision to award to the 2022 World Cup to Qatar as "lunacy". The Times (subscription required)

Aston Villa fans have expressed their fury at manager Gerard Houllier over his "love-in" with his former club Liverpool at Anfield on Monday night. Supporters sent online messages to Villa director Charles Krulak complaining that the Frenchman ignored travelling fans but applauded the Kop after the match. The Sun

more bollox shortly ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:43 am

Manchester City have been encouraged to step up long-time interest in Benfica defender David Luiz after he indicated he would prefer a move to Eastlands over Chelsea

Ah, how times change!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:51 am

Perhaps Benfica want to lower the fee to a more realistic price, realising City are the best payers too.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 am

john@staustell wrote:Manchester City have been encouraged to step up long-time interest in Benfica defender David Luiz after he indicated he would prefer a move to Eastlands over Chelsea

Ah, how times change!

I've been thinking we might need to look for a new partner for Komps as Kolo is getting on a bit.. Luiz fits the bill nicely imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby 13021J » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:16 am

Apparently his form has been poor this season? Haven't seen him but this is what I hear.

Is £25m the only fee we pay these days?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 am

Top bollox - the most outlandish thing in there is the suggestion that FIFA has an ETHICS committtee.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Chinners » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Robinho: Why I flopped at City
Speaking exclusively to Eurosport, the Brazilian said he did not have a problem with manager Roberto Mancini, despite being sent out on loan shortly after the Italian replaced Mark Hughes.
"English football is difficult," said Robinho, now at Milan.
"It's not easy to adapt to it. In English football it's not the whole team playing, touching the ball in the Brazilian way.
"Mancini is an excellent coach. I never had any problem with him. He was always a good coach, and always respected me, and I always respected him. The problem is that English football is not an easy game for me."
Robinho went on loan to Santos in January, six weeks after Mancini took the manager's job, but the forward said he was motivated by a desire to make Brazil's World Cup squad having fallen down the pecking order at City.
"I had the project to arrive to the World Cup in a good physical condition. And at Manchester City, I was not playing every game. So it was not good for my fitness," he said.
"I know myself physically, and I know that the more I play the better I am physically. That's why I decided to go back to Santos. My goal was really to be on top for the World Cup."
Robinho arrived at City for a British record fee of £32.5 million in September 2008, on the same day the club was bought by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan.
Despite a largely disappointing time at the club, in which he scored 16 goals in 53 games, Robinho said it was the right move for both him and for City, as he paved the way for other big-name players to join.
"You have to demonstrate your value on the pitch. I don't feel a better or a worse player because I was the most expensive," he said.
"I believe it was good for me and for City, because I opened the doors for other big players to come to City. Maybe if I hadn't signed there, no other big player would have signed there. I was the first of the big players present in this club. So it was good."

West Ham, Wigan chasing Man City winger Wright-Phillips
The Daily Star says Wright-Phillips’ days are numbered at Eastlands and Roberto Mancini will let the England winger leave next month.
Hammers manager Avram Grant and co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold will meet this week to ­discuss potential transfer targets, which will include the ­possibility of making a cut-price move for Wright-Phillips in January.
City splashed £8.5m to bring Wright-Phillips back to the club from Chelsea in 2008 – but they will let him leave on the cheap to get the winger off their wage bill.
With Sullivan and Gold still sorting out the club’s precarious finances, the Hammers are unwilling to break the bank to bring him to ­Upton Park; Wright-Phillips would have to take a pay-cut from his current £65,000-per-week wages to aid a move.
A loan move for Wright-Phillips with City paying a portion of his ­salary would suit the Hammers.
Wigan Athletic are also plotting a January loan move for Wright-Phillips, who has a house in Cheshire and, therefore, wouldn’t have to relocate to join the club.
However, like West Ham, the main stumbling block for the Latics in ­landing Wright-Phillips would be the cost of the deal.

Spanish press: City strike Atletico deal
Spanish publication AS suggest Manchester City have struck a collaborative deal with Atletico Madrid, which will see the two clubs share sponsorship contacts and information on player scouting.
The report intimates the cash-rich Premier League club’s new relationship with Atletico, could give Roberto Mancini first refusal on the La Liga side’s star assets Sergio Aguero and David De Gea, both of whom have been strongly linked with Manchester United and Chelsea.
AS indicate the strategic alliance is one of the most important in Atletico’s rich history, with the Spanish club set to benefit from Manchester City’s widening scouting network and global appeal, while the Premier League club will undoubtedly endeavour to keep a closer eye on any Spanish talent emerging through the ranks.
Intriguingly the relationship would reportedly enable Manchester City to steal a march on their Premier League counterparts in the hunt for Aguero and De Gea.
The latter has in recent weeks been widely reported as the man earmarked by Sir Alex Ferguson to replace Edwin Van der Sar, and last month the Times suggested the Red Devils had opened talks over a £15 million deal.
Although the story was subsequently denied, Ferguson is known to be a huge admirer of De Gea but could face an even tougher task to land the prodigious stopper given Atletico’s new relationship with their bitter rivals.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:14 pm

If Robinho had just admitted he was struggling to adapt to the English game rather than the sneaky snidey comments about the club etc & making out it was everyone elses fault he was shite, I think everyone would have been a lot more understanding.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby edgeley blue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If Robinho had just admitted he was struggling to adapt to the English game rather than the sneaky snidey comments about the club etc & making out it was everyone elses fault he was shite, I think everyone would have been a lot more understanding.

Totally agree Ted, although I must admit I still have a soft spot for the little fucker
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Tru_Blu » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Fair Play to Robihno, The excitement is still with me since that day he signed. Sorry the english game is not for you. Though you didn't last long I enjoyed each minute.

Now can you say Balotelli !!!!!!!!!!!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Chinners » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

How could I forget ... apologies Craig

WAGVENT OF THE DAY
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue in the face » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:25 pm

The wags overdressed!
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If Robinho had just admitted he was struggling to adapt to the English game rather than the sneaky snidey comments about the club etc & making out it was everyone elses fault he was shite, I think everyone would have been a lot more understanding.

Robinho, was, is and will be just a prick. Wait no long and will prove that in Italy too.
It served well his marketing role, though.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:18 pm

Chinners wrote:How could I forget ... apologies Craig

WAGVENT OF THE DAY

wtf Chinners!!!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Goataldo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Good bollox.

Nice to see Robinho eat as much humble pie as will ever happen, even it was just a crumb.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Chinners » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:34 pm

I quite like Robbies bit and think he has a point, he was an excellent 'statement of intent' by our new owners within 24 hours of buying the club. The whole football world sat up and noticed.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum