Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 am

Carlos Tevez admits he is homesick but will honour his contract at Manchester City
Carlos Tevez has spoken of his heartache at being separated from his two young daughters in Argentina but insists he will see out his five-year contract at Manchester City.
The homesick striker was given permission to spend time with Florencia, 5, and baby Katie in Buenos Aires earlier this season, and only last month reiterated claims that he may quit the game for good.
Thinking of home: Carlos Tevez admits he misses his family life in Argentina
However, Tevez believes he will stay for the remaining three-and-a-half years of his current deal, saying: ‘I miss my family like anyone in the world, but I am happy here in Manchester.
‘It’s a few months since I have been able to see my daughters and it has been tough. It’s not easy for me living and breathing football all day while my little girls are in Buenos Aires.
Doting dad: Tevez with his oldest daughter Florencia
‘But I know it’s a sacrifice that has to be made when you’ve made a commitment like I have done with City - and it’s something I’m going to see through.’
Tevez was involved in a furious row with manager Roberto Mancini after he was substituted towards the end of Saturday’s win over Bolton, 24 hours after team-mates Mario Balotelli and Jerome Boateng were involved in a training ground fight.
‘Like any club there are both good and bad vibes,’ added Tevez. ‘In any dressing-room, you are going to have the odd problem, just like within any household.’
Bolton captain Kevin Davies has criticised Tevez’s reaction to being taken off and hit out at the other City players, claiming the way they went to ground too easily was ‘embarrassing’.
Davies said: ‘When there is not much contact and they go down screaming, it is embarrassing from a man’s point of view.
‘I don’t like to see players at any standard feigning injury and trying to get players booked or sent off.’

Arsenal legend Wright BANNED by Man City
Arsenal legend Ian Wright has revealed he's on Manchester City's banned list.
Wright has been outspoken over City's treatment of son Shaun Wright-Phillips this season.
In his column for The Sun, Wright wrote: "Manchester City have made it quite clear where I stand at the club - outside.
"But while I may be on the banned list for various reasons - they won't even allow their stars to feature on my Absolute radio show - that won't stop me having my say on Carlos Tevez.
"We all saw that touchline run-in with Roberto Mancini on Saturday, when Tevez left no one in any doubt over his feelings at being substituted near the end of their 1-0 win over Bolton.
"After the pictures of Jerome Boateng and Mario Balotelli swapping punches on the training ground, it was the last thing they needed at Eastlands.
"But while that square-up was blown out of all proportion - I can guarantee that sort of thing happens all the time at many clubs - the Tevez situation is one which does need addressing."

Arsenal Set Sights On January Move for Manchester City Keeper Shay Given
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to lure Manchester City keeper Shay Given to the Emirates with the promise of regular first team football but the Gunners manager knows that he will find it hard to persuade Roberto Mancini to sell to a rival club.
Wenger has been looking to bring in a new goalie after seeing both Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski fail to inspire confidence with some poor performances. The north London club had hoped to bring in Fulham veteran Mark Schwarzer in January but the Australian has signed a new contract to stay at Craven Cottage.
Given has not played a single minute of Premier League football after losing his first team spot to England international Joe Hart and the Irish international is keen to leave the club in the pursuit of first team football but a big stumbling block to moves away from Man City will come when Mancini will invariably block moves to any side he feels is a title competitor or a potential competitor for a top four spot.
The 34 year old former Newcastle United man has also been linked with moves to Celtic and Fulham and would surely jump at the chance of a move to Arsenal and Wenger is expected to make a move for the experienced keeper in January.

Manchester City prepare €70m bid for Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta
City are preparing a €70 million bid for Barcelona midfield maestro Andres Iniesta , according to sources cited by the German 4-4-2 Web site.
Barcelona would be desperate to hold onto the player who has just made the three-man shortlist for the 2010 FIFA World Player of the Year award.
But Manchester City presumably believe that with Barcelona's financial situation far from being healthy, they can persuade the Nou Camp club to part ways with the 26-year-old with a massive bid.
Iniesta is contracted to Barcelona until 2015.

WAGVENT OF THE DAY

OTHER BOLLOX
Marseille are interested in bringing Chelsea striker Didier Drogba back to the south of France. The Blues bought Drogba from Marseille for £24m in 2004. IM Scouting

Juventus are prepared to offer a £20m package to beat Manchester United and Liverpool to the signature of Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross. talkSPORT

However, Stoke boss Tony Pulis has said his centre-back will not be sold in January's transfer window. the Sun

Newcastle could face the loss of star striker Andy Carroll as the board face a dressing-room revolt following the sacking of boss Chris Hughton. the Independent

Manchester United are rumoured to be interested in Shakhtar Donetsk midfield pair Douglas Costa and Willian as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to add more youthful talent to his Old Trafford squad. caughtoffside.com

West Ham are among the January suitors for Aston Villa striker John Carew, who they see as a replacement for Carlton Cole. The Hammers are willing to listen to offers for Cole. Daily Mirror

Ajax will move for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner if Luis Suarez leaves the club. Suarez was recently banned for seven games for biting an opponent, while Bendtner has voiced dissatisfaction at his lack of first-team opportunities at the Emirates. talkSPORT

Southampton boss Nigel Adkins has issued a hands-off warning to Arsene Wenger over Arsenal's pursuit of teenage midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Daily Mirror

Former Arsenal striker Julio Baptista, now with Italian side Roma, has ruled out a move to Tottenham in January. talkSPORT

But Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is lining up a move for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente. caughtoffside.com

Another potential target for Spurs is Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak, who is reportedly learning English in anticipation of a move to England after falling out with Stuttgart manager Jens Keller. Daily Mail

Redknapp is also considering an audacious move to bring midfielder Michael Carrick back to White Hart Lane from Manchester United. caughtoffside.com

Meanwhile, Tottenham are also edging closer to concluding a deal for Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar, who is out of contract in the summer and seems certain to leave Goodison. Daily Mail

Newcastle are set to miss out on the signing of Young Boys striker Emmanuel Mayuka after the sacking of Chris Hughton. talkSPORT

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson will swoop on former club Fulham with an attempt to sign attacker Clint Dempsey in January. caughtoffside.com

West Ham, Wigan and Stoke are monitoring the progress of Millwall winger James Henry. Daily Mail

Former Tottenham manager Martin Jol, who resigned as Ajax boss on Monday, is in the frame to fill the Newcastle hot-seat vacated by Chris Hughton.Guardian

Newcastle legend Micky Quinn has launched a furious attack on the club's owner Mike Ashley for sacking manager Chris Hughton. "I am absolutely fuming about this," said Quinn. talkSPORT

Sam Allardyce is set for crunch talks with ­Blackburn's new Indian owners over the size of his transfer budget and exactly who he can buy. Daily Mirror

Liverpool director of football strategy Damien Comolli believes the current economic downturn will allow the club to pick up some bargains in the January transfer window. the Sun

Harry Redknapp insists he can handle the difficulties that would come with the England job. The Tottenham boss is one of the favourites to succeed current England coach Fabio Capello, when the Italian leaves the role in the summer of 2012. Daily Mirror

West Ham captain Matthew Upson is confident his team can beat the drop and says they have restored some much needed spirit to the dressing room after wins over Wigan and Manchester United. talkSPORT

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has likened Mexican striker Javier Hernandez to Red Devils legend Denis Law because of his superb heading ability. the Sun

Ferguson has also admitted that he fears for Owen Hargreaves' career. The 30-year-old pulled a hamstring only 10 minutes into his comeback against Wolves, after two years out injured. the Sun

Iranian newspaper Ebtekar reported on Monday that Argentine legend Diego Maradona is being lined up to take charge of the Iranian national team. The 50-year-old led Argentina to the quarter-finals of the World Cup in South Africa last summer but left his post shortly after their elimination. Daily Mail

Sir Alex Ferguson will change his Manchester United team for an incredible 150th time in a row when they play Valencia in the Champions League on Tuesday. the Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 am

Ian Wright fucked up his sons career - fact
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 am

Patrick wrote:Ian Wright fucked up his sons career - fact

Maybe didnt want him having a better career than him.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 am

Iniesta eh?

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLL. More chance of the cat that was in hell plying his trade i our midfield.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Iniesta eh?

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLL. More chance of the cat that was in hell plying his trade i our midfield.

We do get given the impression that these Barcelona players are untouchable and there is no chance they would ever leave. It isn't really a theory that has been tested yet is it?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 am

Iniesta....hahahaha

That's top bollox...if we signed him i'd do a naked lap of coms
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 am

Scatman wrote:

We do get given the impression that these Barcelona players are untouchable and there is no chance they would ever leave. It isn't really a theory that has been tested yet is it?

I know what your trying to say,but Yaya wasnt listed as one of the three best players in the world with Barca blood flowing through his veins.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Iniesta....hahahaha

That's top bollox...if we signed him i'd do a naked lap of coms

I'll hold yer hand.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:44 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Scatman wrote:

I know what your trying to say,but Yaya wasnt listed as one of the three best players in the world with Barca blood flowing through his veins.

worth trying though
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:48 am

If we get iniesta I will be like a pig in shit -he is mega, mega catalan though and I can't see him leavin barca
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:35 am

they do want fabregas though.....
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Woy is after 15million rated Lescott apparently
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:50 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Woy is after 15million rated Lescott apparently

I think Woy would do very well do "waid" City for
Bridge, SWP, Ade and Lescott
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dronny » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Wooders wrote:

Bridge, SWP, Ade and Lescott

.....in a swop for Torres??? Would you?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 pm

RSC for Torres seems a fair swap to me, they are on the pitch about the same length of time recently. Ok chuck in Bridge as well.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Dronny wrote:
Wooders wrote: