Pool v Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pool v Villa

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Esky wrote:Didn't see the game but it's harsh to judge Villa by their current league position - they've been playing kids for weeks. Agbonlahor, Heskey, Petrov, Sidwell, NRC, Cuellar, Albrighton, Delph and Bannan are all either crocked or just back from being injured.

Just hoping their form continues a few weeks more.

I'm afraid that Villa are there for the taking at the moment and have got some serious work to do, they are looking flawed all over the park and seem to know it.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm

blue wine wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
Scatman wrote:Pepe Reina

Possibly, fluffed up big style last week though, and I don't think that he's massively better than Joe Hart.

Maybe not massively but he is better

hart has played 16 games
pepe has played 15 games

hart: goals conceded 12
pepe: goals conceded 19

hart: clean sheets 8
pepe: clean sheets 5

Be interesting to see what those stats would be if you swapped the defences around and Reina was behind ours
Scatman

Postby HeyMark » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Ireland was ok last night, and thats the best he's played all season! I've kept a close eye on the few games he's played and he looks so disinterested. He doesn't compete for the ball, doesn't seem to bust a gut to join the attack or come back and help out.

I said it in another thread a week or so ago, I can see Ireland retiring in the next few years. I don't think he cares for football anymore
HeyMark

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Ireland is a one dimensional player. Villa could build a team around him and finish 9th like we did i guess. Great talent but not a great player. Just like Robinho.

Dunne's best years are behind him, thats obvious.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum