Pool v Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pool v Villa

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Just watching it and an idle thought crossed my mind - I don't think any of those playing for either team tonight would be better than what we have. Not something I thought I'd ever say about the two clubs.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Pool v Villa

Postby Scatman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Pepe Reina
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Scatman wrote:Pepe Reina

Possibly, fluffed up big style last week though, and I don't think that he's massively better than Joe Hart.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:

Possibly, fluffed up big style last week though, and I don't think that he's massively better than Joe Hart.

Maybe not massively but he is better
Scatman

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Villa have looked so poor this season
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby bluej » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:47 pm

Anfield is so quiet you can hear the managers screaming from the sidelines. Hodgson doesn't sound too impressed!
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blue wine » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Scatman wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:

Maybe not massively but he is better

hart has played 16 games
pepe has played 15 games

hart: goals conceded 12
pepe: goals conceded 19

hart: clean sheets 8
pepe: clean sheets 5
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby thegoatfeeder » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:10 pm

I take it all back I was wrong, Ireland is really painfully average. It looks more and more like that one season was a flash in the pan, it may be an unpopular opinion on here, but i'm much happier with Milner and think we did well out of the deal!
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 pm

GOAL!!!!
Liverpool 3-0 Villa
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Redna » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Wouldn't be the slightest surprised if Villa's gonna end up fighting for survival this year. They are woeful in the most woeful way.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby kinkylola » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:22 pm

i thought houllier was going to be a great appointment for Villa and I thought a more tactically cultured manager was going to make villa a team to be reckoned with. I have to admit, at this moment, Houllier looks like a horrible appointment and Villa look more and more shit every week.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Ireland having another shocker tonight, I see and so is Dunne. If superman had buckled down he could have been Silva's understudy playing in Euro games and maybe in the Cup. Instead he ASKED for a transfer at the end of last season, despite all his complaints that he was forced out. Where does he go now? Sunderland?
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Dunne could not have done anything about their goals, collins was at fault for losing Ngog for the headed 1st and Warnock was at fault for letting Babel go for the second (which was off side).

The movement in front of Ireland has been non-existent tonight, he hasn't had a bad game
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Dunne could not have done anything about their goals, collins was at fault for losing Ngog for the headed 1st and Warnock was at fault for letting Babel go for the second (which was off side).

The movement in front of Ireland has been non-existent tonight, he hasn't had a bad game

Thought he was ok as well. Neat, never gave the ball away and put some decent through balls in, didn't join in the attacks much though.
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Dunne could not have done anything about their goals, collins was at fault for losing Ngog for the headed 1st and Warnock was at fault for letting Babel go for the second (which was off side).

Thought he was ok as well. Neat, never gave the ball away and put some decent through balls in, didn't join in the attacks much though.

Seems to be playing further back than he did at City. Agree, he didn't have a bad game though.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 am

Ireland was utter wank for the first 55 minutes, Villa's second best player (after Downing) for the last 35. Something's definitely wrong with him. He has no spark, looks disinterested and stands still once he's played the ball.

Dunne did OK.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby TonyM » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:47 am

I've been watching out for Villa to see how Ireland plays and everytime I notice that his teammates rarely see his runs and that after a while he simply gives up (and from what I can see I can't blame him - his teammates are dire). When they use him properly like for a while tonight he is marvelous. IMO he is just as good as Silva in many aspects but he needs to be in a team that is free flowing. It should have been City and I am still pissed off with Mancini that he sold him. I'm still convinced he'll be a top player. Not at Villa though unless something changes soon. He needs a club, manager and players that bring out the best in him. (I hate to say it but Arsenal are the perfect team for him)
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Blue in North London » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 am

I would agree with WW re Ireland's performance.

TonyM wrote: IMO he is just as good as Silva in many aspects but he needs to be in a team that is free flowing.

At what? Painting? Ireland is nowhere near as good as Silva at anything football-related.

It should have been City and I am still pissed off with Mancini that he sold him. I'm still convinced he'll be a top player.

I can't agree. Mancini has been shown that he was right to sell Ireland. Ireland has been disappointing. IMO he can be a good footballer but he was no longer good enough for us. To be honest, I find it startling that anyone can criticise Mancini's actions in the transfer market.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Esky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 am

Didn't see the game but it's harsh to judge Villa by their current league position - they've been playing kids for weeks. Agbonlahor, Heskey, Petrov, Sidwell, NRC, Cuellar, Albrighton, Delph and Bannan are all either crocked or just back from being injured.

Just hoping their form continues a few weeks more.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:Ireland was utter wank for the first 55 minutes, Villa's second best player (after Downing) for the last 35. Something's definitely wrong with him. He has no spark, looks disinterested and stands still once he's played the ball.

Dunne did OK.

He had no spark & stood still when Bob brought him back into the City team & when Hughes tried to get him playing the previous season. We all argued & tried to find a reason for it but the reason is; he's a wanker.

I thought Dunne was awful personally but none of his mistakes were punished which makes it even more worrying for Villa, if they can still let 3 in, even when he's not involved. On that showing, Villa would go down if they used Ireland as their main midfielder (a role he's always wanted, WANKER). They had one or two regulars missing though & that kid Barry Bannen who's got more balls than Ireland will ever have.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum