Have we a team of Tranny Imitators?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Have we a team of Tranny Imitators?

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

According to Kevin Davies we do... I know Balotelli likes the floor, but don't most players from the continent? And frankly a wind gust would knock Silva over.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/8720940.Davies_blasts_City_divers/
Davies blasts City divers

KEVIN Davies has branded Manchester City’s play-actors as “embarrassing” after watching Wanderers’ unbeaten run come to an exasperating end at Eastlands.

Carlos Tevez’s early strike was enough to condemn the Whites to their first defeat since October – but, aside from the result, it was the behaviour of Blues stars Mario Balotelli, Yaya Toure and David Silva that skipper Davies found hard to stomach.

“When there is not much contact and they go down screaming, it’s embarrassing from a man’s point of view,” the striker said.

“There are a lot of European players in their squad and I think that’s something they are taught on the continent.

“It’s frustrating and embarrassing at times. It’s part of our game, unfortunately, and you need the referee to sort it out. And I thought he did okay.”

While they may have had problems taking the tackles, City proved adept at dishing them out with Serbian defender Aleksandar Kolarov sent off for a two-footed slide on Sam Ricketts.

“There were some good tackles coming in from them as well,” Davies said after the game. “That probably surprised us a little bit.

“You want to go out and compete and play the game fairly. But when it’s reversed the players complain about the other side of it “As a player you have got to try and control yourself a little bit and get on with it.”

While Davies was making no apologies for his stance on Manchester City’s divers, he was forced into a climb down over some late-night Twitter comments about the club.

Remarking on the social networking site, Davies wrote that Carlos Tevez’s furious response to being substituted late on highlighted problems in Roberto Mancini’s squad.

“Seeing Tevez reaction to being subbed assures me there is problems within City, great players individually but as a team?”.

But the next day, the striker thought better of his comments.

“Just wanted to say sorry for commenting on City last night. Not really my place to comment on other clubs and not on here to do that,” he wrote.

Wanderers now turn their attention to Sunday’s Lancashire derby with one of Davies’s former clubs Blackburn Rovers.

And the front man believes his team-mates will have no problems picking themselves up from only their third defeat in 16 league games.

“Bouncing back is something we have done pretty well this season,” he said.

“I don’t think the lads will need any motivation for next week.

“It’s one of the biggest games the fans look forward to.

“It’s my job as captain and I am sure the manager will be making sure we are all fired up for what will be a massive game to get back to winning ways.”
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Have we a team of Tranny Imitators?

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Kevin Davies weighs 18 stone yet he spends more time licking the grass than any other player!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Mario should pack it in.
And who gives a shit what Davies thinks.
I don't see Silva as a diver though.
Maybe I'm wrong but I can't say I'd noticed it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Cannot recall Silva going down and whinging like a cunt... but yaya needs to grow some balls at times.

Fucken rich coming from Davies anyway the prick whinges at everything and should get his head checked. literally.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby blue wine » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:52 pm

kevin davies = pigeon chest
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:56 pm

He's usually waving his elbows about or sticking his fat arse out.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:58 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:Cannot recall Silva going down and whinging like a cunt... but yaya needs to grow some balls at times.

Fucken rich coming from Davies anyway the prick whinges at everything and should get his head checked. literally.

I'm surprised Silva was mentioned. As I've previously said, he seems like he doesn't mind getting stuck in which I really didn't expect from him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Mario & Jo are divers. None of the others are bad at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Mario & Jo are divers. None of the others are bad at all.

Micah does love the ol' swam dive in the box but it's that bad I'm still not sure if he's taking the piss out of everyone when doing it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Every team has its fair share of divers, I have to say it does my head in but it appears to be the norm. Coming from Davies is a bit annoying mind, as he is one of the dirtiest players around.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:49 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Every team has its fair share of divers, I have to say it does my head in but it appears to be the norm. Coming from Davies is a bit annoying mind, as he is one of the dirtiest players around.

I hope you're going to retract that statement through your Twitter account in a few hours?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Mase wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:Every team has its fair share of divers, I have to say it does my head in but it appears to be the norm. Coming from Davies is a bit annoying mind, as he is one of the dirtiest players around.

I hope you're going to retract that statement through your Twitter account in a few hours?

hahaha, I think I probably should
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Not quite. He's won a few trophies.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Florida Blue wrote:“There are a lot of European players in their squad and I think that’s something they are taught on the continent.

That is really funny. Because last summer a youth coach from either Newcastle or West Ham was teaching kids at the camp my son went to how to dive.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I might be in a minority of one here, but, I can see why players dive. How many times does a player get fouled in the area and the ref doesn't give a pen because they stayed on their feet. Used to see it happening loads with SWP
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Goataldo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I might be in a minority of one here, but, I can see why players dive. How many times does a player get fouled in the area and the ref doesn't give a pen because they stayed on their feet. Used to see it happening loads with SWP

Big difference between going down when you've been clipped in the box, and pretending you've been fouled when you haven't.

I do find it embarassing when players cheat, but not as embarrassing as Davies' ridiculous attempts to cover over the fact that they were completely outclassed in every department. If ever a team got hammered 1-0, Bolton did on Sat.

And I love that he was surprised we could tackle! I think all that heading the ball has turned the little grey cells to mush.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby ashton287 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I might be in a minority of one here, but, I can see why players dive. How many times does a player get fouled in the area and the ref doesn't give a pen because they stayed on their feet. Used to see it happening loads with SWP

I remember when shauny wasnt shit aswell, golden memories.

Got a point though you see penalty after penalty not given. These days how many games do you see and afterwards think "WTF was that ref doing". More then a few times this season a referee has fucked up big time and ended up gifting the points to 1 side. The players want to win and its a big part of the game now.

Pluis davis is a bitter shit player at a bitter shit club so who gives a fuck what he thinks. TWAT.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby 13021J » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:25 pm

I think the cleverest in our squad forthis sort of thing is Tevez. He goes down everytime like he has a broken leg, so I always worry. But low and behold he's up and sprinting around after a minute, and usually a yellow card for the opposition. But he only does it when he knows there was contact, and makes the most if it. Clever stuff.

I actually think Yaya and Mario are starting to realise that they just get laughed at by refs in the Premier League if you roll around without justification. Jo still hasn't seemed to grasp this yet.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:23 pm

How do you imitate a tranny without actually becoming one? Ironically throw on a pair of high-heels and a bit of lipstick?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby cdncityfan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Isn' t this all a bit rich coming from a team which until recently made their living on the fine line between a tackle and hacking?
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum