Big Interview: Carlos Tevez Part I and Part 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Big Interview: Carlos Tevez Part I and Part 2

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Last edited by Brad on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Re: Big Interview: Carlos Tevez Part I

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Good job Brian Marwood, weel in.
about time, btw.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby blue wine » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:18 pm

good idea from the club or tevez. BUT didnt like the interview! he didnt seem very convincing to me... did anyone else get the same feeling?
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: Big Interview: Carlos Tevez

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm glad he did the interview
Brad

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 pm

blue wine wrote:good idea from the club or tevez. BUT didnt like the interview! he didnt seem very convincing to me... did anyone else get the same feeling?

I loved it, I think he was very honest and open about it and had he gone for more convincing he may have come off as disingenuous.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gaudy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

thought he was very honest but i felt uneasy when he was talking about his realationship with mancini,it was far from convincing.
he kept looking down to the ground when answering about him,usually a sign your uncomfortable and not telling the truth-
ive perfected this when answering the girlfriends questions,stone cold stare ahead and avoid 'arry style twitches.
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby bluej » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Slim wrote:
blue wine wrote:good idea from the club or tevez. BUT didnt like the interview! he didnt seem very convincing to me... did anyone else get the same feeling?

I loved it, I think he was very honest and open about it and had he gone for more convincing he may have come off as disingenuous.

Yeah, particularly the quotes about Mancini, rather than just coming out saying "we're best friends" etc he actually seemed to say say what he thought.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Goataldo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Couldn't fault that interview at all. He didn't make out that he and the manager were best mates, but played down all the bullshit that we currently attract.

Spot on.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Re: Big Interview: Carlos Tevez Part I and Part 2

Postby Brad » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am

Part 2 is now in the first post, enjoy.
Brad

Postby saulman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 pm

I'd like to hear a spanish speakers view of the interview. (BBS?)

To me it could all be complete gibberish with very cleverly worded subtitles. It's plain for all to see the propoganda machine that our OS has become. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, the videos, the articles, etc, etc but it's more like a political party than a football club when it comes to the 'message'.

The whole thing (not just the interview) feels incredibly scripted.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby patrickblue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Thought the whole thing was excellent. I don't think that Carlotto is much of a one for media interviews, which is probably why some thought it wasn't that convincing. As the old old saying goes, he does his talking on the pitch, his attitude when we score is plain for all to see. as is his frustration when things don't go right.
He doesn't need to be pals with Mancini, as long as there is professional respect, I seriously think my boss is a total twat, it doesn't stop me doing my best for the company I work for though.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:20 pm

saulman wrote:I'd like to hear a spanish speakers view of the interview. (BBS?)

To me it could all be complete gibberish with very cleverly worded subtitles. It's plain for all to see the propoganda machine that our OS has become. Don't get me wrong, I love the site, the videos, the articles, etc, etc but it's more like a political party than a football club when it comes to the 'message'.

I listened to him rather than read it, but then you always kind of read subtitles too. i would say that he came across a lot more genuine in the spanish. The subtitles once or twice embellished what he had actually said and made it more marketing speak orientated for that. He was very honest and it didn't sound scripted.. he was kind of genuinely unimpressed by a couple of the questions and didn't respond to the leading nature of them, which i thought was quiet funny.. the interviewer resorting to.. 'ah ok er.. very good' So crap interviewer i would say. He comes across as not an overly open gushing kind of person in front of camera, prefering to keep it simple and short and sweet.
Argentinian's have a different inflection in their voice to the Spanish and can sound a bit whiny, especially when answering questions. To English ears that sounds like people when they are trying to make excuses, but is not the case and is basically normal (and annoying imo ) in South America.

i might watch it again and see if i can pick up on anything else.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby saulman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:57 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
saulman wrote:I'd like to hear a spanish speakers view of the interview. (BBS?)

I listened to him rather than read it, but then you always kind of read subtitles too. i would say that he came across a lot more genuine in the spanish. The subtitles once or twice embellished what he had actually said and made it more marketing speak orientated for that. He was very honest and it didn't sound scripted.. he was kind of genuinely unimpressed by a couple of the questions and didn't respond to the leading nature of them, which i thought was quiet funny.. the interviewer resorting to.. 'ah ok er.. very good' So crap interviewer i would say. He comes across as not an overly open gushing kind of person in front of camera, prefering to keep it simple and short and sweet.
Argentinian's have a different inflection in their voice to the Spanish and can sound a bit whiny, especially when answering questions. To English ears that sounds like people when they are trying to make excuses, but is not the case and is basically normal (and annoying imo ) in South America.

i might watch it again and see if i can pick up on anything else.

Nice one. Thanks for that.

I suspect with most foreign players and managers, when they're speaking in their native tongue it leaves their words wide open to misinterpretation. When journalists have their own agenda, subtle slants can be used on the language to make something sound like it's not.

Whilst I'm very sceptical about the whole City OS and any interviews, scripted or otherwise, I do see it as a necessary counterbalance to the prodominantly anti-City media agenda.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum