Shay worth a Prem start?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shay worth a Prem start?

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Remember we're talking of golkeepers, not of other kind of players! Hart is our n° 1 definitively, Shay should be OK as a replacement only if Joe would be injuried. And that's all if we really want to win the League this season!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Nope , Joe is the better keeper and will only get better.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 pm

No way. One or two mistimed jumps isn't a 'loss of form'. Joe, imo, has been one of the best 'keepers in the leauge this season. There's no way he should be replaced.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dipstick » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

No way - he isn't in my fantasy football team - Joe is.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nige » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Dubciteh wrote:As an irishman with certain biased, there is no way Given should be back in. Watching him against slazburg reminded me why hes second choice, they had one cross in the game and given stood on his line and made no attempt for it, not too mention his poor kicking.

Hart is the better keeper and has years to master the trade, Given is coming to the end of his career with no inention of learning from his mistakes and if i was him id stick with being the best second choice keeper in the world rather than go elsewhere.

Perfect, just what I was going to type.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Goataldo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:No way. One or two mistimed jumps isn't a 'loss of form'. Joe, imo, has been one of the best 'keepers in the leauge this season. There's no way he should be replaced.

Fair enough.

It's not just a couple of dodgy jumps that make me think he might benefit from a rest though, he does seem to find it hilarious when he cocks up, his kicking is just plain weird at the mo, and for all the talk of Seamus being bad on crosses, there's been a few games recently where I've thought we've dropped extremely lucky with Joe coming and landing dodgy punches on the ball.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a class 'keeper. I have to admit I've never really understood why the position of goalkeeper is so sacrosanct, and once your in, that's it; your place is virtually guaranteed unless you chuck the ball into your own net a few times.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Crossie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Joe is just the same, its just that the media arent licking his arse at the moment.

Being a big time club now, lets you see how much the media fuck up the truth. They have other fans thinking that AJ is a world beater, when we all know he isn't, yet.

Joe still has 10 years of experience to gain, but just think WHAT a keeper he could be in another 10 years.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Yes he's worth a Premier League start.......... just not at City
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:36 am

yes absolutely he should start. hart gets away with a major mistake nearly every other game and just seems to laugh it off. plus not seen him make any spectacular saves recently (maybe thats testament to our defence though). those two keepers should be snapping at eachother's heels, although given was hopeless against posnan.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Esky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 am

colonel_muck wrote:yes absolutely he should start. hart gets away with a major mistake nearly every other game and just seems to laugh it off. plus not seen him make any spectacular saves recently (maybe thats testament to our defence though). those two keepers should be snapping at eachother's heels, although given was hopeless against posnan.

Disagree with that. In awful conditions he dropped one cross the other day. Jaaskelainen - one of the best keepers in the league for 10 years now - did the same half an hour earlier. Perhaps he could have saved the one at Stoke but things like that haven't happened to him all that frequently.

Look at how many times Reina and Cech have fucked up in the past couple of seasons. Has Joe gifted clubs goals or otherwise played poorly? Not really - he should stay number one.

Given's a great keeper though. I hope for his sake he gets away in January.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Hart is number 1
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum