Absolute rubbish says Dodgy 'Arry

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Absolute rubbish says Dodgy 'Arry

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 86,00.html

"...............And reports over the weekend claimed that Man City could try and use Adebayor as bait in a £60million-plus move for Spurs' man of the moment Gareth Bale.

"Absolute nonsense," Redknapp told TalkSport.

"I've never made any enquiries for Adebayor whatsoever. I keep seeing in the papers that we're after him. I've never ever asked about him or enquired about him.
".............."

Full article:

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has rubbished talk that he is interested in Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Speculation has increased in recent weeks suggesting Spurs were keen to snap-up the former Arsenal striker, who is unsettled at Eastlands.

And reports over the weekend claimed that Man City could try and use Adebayor as bait in a £60million-plus move for Spurs' man of the moment Gareth Bale.

"Absolute nonsense," Redknapp told TalkSport.

"I've never made any enquiries for Adebayor whatsoever. I keep seeing in the papers that we're after him. I've never ever asked about him or enquired about him."

Redknapp was quick to deny that he would contemplate letting Welsh wing wizard Bale leave the club, although acknowledging that any decision may not be his to make.

"We don't want to sell Gareth Bale," he continued.

"At the end of the day it won't be my decision, it'll be above my head but it would take an absolute fortune one day to buy him.

"For me, at this particular time, he's got to be the Footballer of the Year in this country. I can't think of anyone who's done as well as him.

"He's not a player that we would really want to sell. You've got to hang onto your best players. If Tottenham want to be a club that's always looking to get in Champions League football you can't sell those players."

Redknapp also stated that he doubted any players would be coming into White Hart Lane in the January transfer window.

"I'm not looking for too much. As we've always said if we find someone who makes a difference and would take us on that extra bit [we would be in the market] but it's always difficult to find," he said.

"We've got good players and the top players, in this country, are not available. It's difficult to improve your team and squad. At the moment we're not even close to thinking about signing anybody else."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Absolute rubbish says Dodgy 'Arry

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:04 am

So basically he wants Ade, and he's saying a move for Bale with Ade included would be accepted, as we all know he thinks the opposite of what he says. Interesting to know, although if we sell Ade I expect us to go for another striker.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Re: Absolute rubbish says Dodgy 'Arry

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 am

"At the end of the day it won't be my decision, it'll be above my head but it would take an absolute fortune one day to buy him."

Cassic Harry. What a fucking spiv the bloke is. That's pretty much inviting a bid. Not what Spurs fans want to hear at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum