Welcome to the Basement...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to the Basement...

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 am

Nice post. Tomkins has really impressed me this season, turning out to be a top defender. How old is he?
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dronny » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 am

*Whisper* If City pip WHU on Saturday they go joint top, let the MOTD bastards show the Top 1 then so as not to include us *whisper*

Good luck for the rest of the season Walmai but hopefully 3 points on Saturday for City.....
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Fish111 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:01 am

I won't patronise you walmai lad. I hope and expect to stuff your lads next week, we need our goal difference improving and playing the bottom club who have no rudder will be an ideal opportunity for us to do that.

How do you feel about the Parker stories this morning? Sell Parker and keep Grant, i bet the Hammers fans aren't too chuffed with that are they?
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Esky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 am

Fish111 wrote:How do you feel about the Parker stories this morning? Sell Parker and keep Grant, i bet the Hammers fans aren't too chuffed with that are they?

Or sell Parker, buy Keane. It's all tabloid rubbish but it has to grate hearing the same few variations on the theme over and over.

From a City perspective, we have to play AJ and he has to play on the right. Ben Haim was barely a CB when he was here and he's definitely not a left back now.

Crazy that WHU got rid of Daprela to effectively replace him with TBH.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby shortagain » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 pm

13021J wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:---------------------Hart-------------------------
Richards----Boateng-----Kompany----Zabaleta
--------------De Jong-----Barry------------------
----------------------Yaya--------------------------
Silva--------------------------------------Johnson
-------------------Balotelli-------------------------

?

or would Milner come in?

That is the side I would expect, would be angry to see Milner instead of AJ but Mancini has form for that so brace yourselves...

Personally think he will continue with Lescott if Kolo still out & wouldn't be surprised if he slotted Manu in for Carlos, continuing with the 4-2-3-1 formation he seems to have decided on. We need a result with our rivals all playing each other. A great weekend would be 3 points for us & 1 each for them
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 pm

How about doing the match preview on here Walmai ? (unless someone already has it).

I think City might struggle for a bit of rhythm from the off due to Carlito missing, but WH will play into our hands basically and we will cruise it. Watched the [strike]WBA[/strike]err.. Sunderland game and the amount of misplaced passes was frightening; do that v City and i think you will get severely punished.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby walmai » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Gillie wrote:Walmai mate i hope Boss Nass keeps Cole in the team next week rather than picking Piquionne as Cole seems to have his legs on back to front

Grant is going to take us down unless he works out that very point, mate. Cole was developed well by Zola, but seems rudderless without him. Something's happened to him mentally. He seems a bit part stuck on top of a team, not part of it at all.

colnel muck wrote:noble and parker are way over-rated

I appreciate the opinion, noting the worrying feeling that those are our two best players (Noble's injured btw). As I suggest in the OP, a lot of our squad is pretty poor

lees a.e. wrote:Tomkins has really impressed me this season, turning out to be a top defender. How old is he?

He's 21-22. A future international, in my view, but his game was badly affected by one or two rickets last season and he was dropped. Having to play alongside that tart Upson won't have helped.

fish wrote:How do you feel about the Parker stories this morning?

They don't come as any surprise, sadly. On one level, its perfectly understandable - he's a better player than the team in which he always shines. On another, it will be a bit of wrench if he moved to Spurs. However, there's some money in it, so expect fully The Goblins to sell him on and invest it in their ridiculous efforts to take us to the Olympic Stadium.

esky wrote:Crazy that WHU got rid of Daprela to effectively replace him with TBH.

Another Goblinesque bit of madness right there! Darpela looked like he would mature alongside Tomkins, but, so the legend goes, he was brought in by the previous regime on some dodgy deal, and he had to go... Crazy stuff. I was dead against Ben Haim signing (he's not really a first teamer anyway), but he's got some balls, that lad. Not afraid of a bit of the rough stuff. So we've earmarked him to Balotelli. Warm all our hands on the ensuing fireworks
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 pm

I've not seen much of West Ham this season but in the game yesterday they didn't look abysmal.

They definitely need to replace Carlton Cole with a goalscorer sharpish though.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:52 pm

We have been there..seen it...done it....even abused it all the way to the 3rd tier of football.,,If your relegated you can always bounce back..and you probably will.....keep smiling man !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Grob » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Always been impressed with Piquione. Arkward player to play again, reminds me a bit of wanchope. Not good enough for us of course but one who can give a rough ride on his day (ala Ricardo Fuller and in the past Jason Roberts).
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby walmai » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Just off to the match.

If I return with a point in me pocket, I'll be as pleased as punch!

IRONS!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 13021J » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Sorry Walmai but I thought West Ham were awful, even worse than Salzburg.

Passing was woeful, you gave the ball back to us so many times it made life very easy for us.

You seem to have some decent wide players such as Obinna and Stanislas but ball retention was not good enough.

Good luck and thanks for the 3 points...
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 pm

You gave us all the space in the world to pass the ball with ease. I think half of your team didn't even break sweat in the match the lack of running and closing down they did. Bad times for West Ham lie ahead with that level of commitment from your players.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Twobob » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 pm

If Hughton can get sacked when doing ok with the geordies then Grant must have some serious blackmail shit on Gold and Sullivan if he doesnt walk after today, listend to it on GMR and it was not good on your side of the Fence mate.

Get rid of Grant and you may have a chance, good luck for the rest of the season!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby john68 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 pm

As most of us can testify, teams don't get relegated, clubs do. Relegation is a disease that tends to permeate the whole club from board, management, players and fans. Sadly Walmai, I see the disease well established throughout your club. despite my joy at todays result, seeing Wet Spam suffering makes me a little sad.

Apparently (mentioned on Radio Manchester) Chris Hughton lives only 6 miles from the Boleyn. You could do worse. Grant has not got that spark and personality that will inspire. The hammers need a massive injection of belief.

Sad for you Mate...BUT ECSTATIC FOR US.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:51 pm

I haven't seen much of West Ham's games lately. Just the final fifteen of the win over rags and now today this.
But if the lack of fighting spirit is the same in other matches too then your best chance is to get in someone to seriously kick your arses and get you fighting.

Good luck - until we meet again!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Are the players underperforming, or is this their "natural" standard?

Is Grant the problem?

Is it a confidence thing?

Having been there I think those of us who remember City 11 or 12 years ago are cringing on behalf of Walmai.

Good luck son, you'll need it.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Unless there's a change of management, I honestly don't see a way out of this mate. You look devoid of ideas, commitment and any sort of fight. Sad to say
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby walmai » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:12 pm

I was going to say 'well played' but, frankly, you didn't need to.

Beat us in 2nd gear.

Minor gripe that one or two of your players play with their arms permanently raised for the ref's whistle, but, in every single department, Silva aside, you were taller, stonger, more capable and more hungry.

Which separates the teams into title contenders and those totally and utterly nailed on for relegation (as I have said since the beginning of this season).

Nice to see Yaya earn his wages. Great first strike.

That genuinely may be the last time you ever visit The Boleyn Ground.

Onwards and upwards, eh? Good luck to ya.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm

walmai wrote:I was going to say 'well played' but, frankly, you didn't need to.

Beat us in 2nd gear.

Minor gripe that one or two of your players play with their arms permanently raised for the ref's whistle, but, in every single department, Silva aside, you were taller, stonger, more capable and more hungry.

Which separates the teams into title contenders and those totally and utterly nailed on for relegation (as I have said since the beginning of this season).

Nice to see Yaya earn his wages. Great first strike.

That genuinely may be the last time you ever visit The Boleyn Ground.

Onwards and upwards, eh? Good luck to ya.

No, even if you go down this year you'll be back - keep the faith.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum