'Frustrated' Vieira reveals City unrest

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

'Frustrated' Vieira reveals City unrest

Postby JamieMCFC » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Patrick Vieira has lifted the lid on the dressing room unrest at Manchester City by describing the "frustration" he feels over a lack of first-team opportunities.

After City's squad was inflated by a significant summer outlay, several players - many of them internationals - have found themselves forced into the margins.

There have been persistent rumours of unease behind the scenes at Eastlands, with some of the club's stars reportedly agitating for a move away.

This backdrop has set the scene for a potential exodus in January, with Roque Santa Cruz expected to be one of the first out of the door after Blackburn admitted an interest in signing the striker, while Joleon Lescott has also expressed his wish to be playing more regular first-team football.

Vieira, who has played four times in the Premier League this season, could find it harder to attract a suitor due to his advancing years. Nonetheless, the 34-year-old has gone public with his disappointment.

"Yes, of course, I'm frustrated, but I'm not the only one," said Vieira."When you see the squad and how big it is, of course many players will be disappointed and frustrated not to play that often."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: 'Frustrated' Vieira reveals City unrest

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Close the door on your way out Patrick.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby blue wine » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:03 pm

bollox...vieria is bobby pet! they just cut a few quotes together.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:07 pm

hahahahah this is beyond a joke now, how the FUCK has paddy revealed unrest? That is an interview he did with city in the city programme weeks ago when he played in a europe match. Absolute jokers!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:11 pm

The press present things to place anything CITY in a bad light - we should not rise to it

The statement:

"Yes, of course, I'm frustrated, but I'm not the only one," said Vieira."When you see the squad and how big it is, of course many players will be disappointed and frustrated not to play that often."

.............could have been entirely positive depending on the context - it is professional to want to play and be frustrated if not selected - that should be a given - present the same statement in a positive light and it could emphasise that with the size of squad we have there are bound to be frustrations - but those not selected just need to get their heads down and put up with - they knew this would be the case when they joined.............
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:16 pm

PMSL they manage to create a story like that from what he said? Of course players are frustrated at not playing, i wouldn't want them here if they weren't.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:18 pm

It's Mancini's fault!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 am

Let's face it, any player who said that he was happy playing once a month, sitting on the bench and picking up half a mill a month would be first in line for the exit. More drivel.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 am

Anyone else noticed this new press campaign. 'Today's unhappy City player'. It's like they're unpaid volunteers.

Wankers.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:41 am

john@staustell wrote:Anyone else noticed this new press campaign. 'Today's unhappy City player'. It's like they're unpaid volunteers.

Wankers.

Speaking of, it looks like it's Carlitos turn tomorrow.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 44971.html

Can't even spell the headline properly.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby ant london » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:11 am

The original article with these quotes came out last week and was entirely positive.

Even taken in isolation I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Vieira has said there.

The press are fucking idiots and many of us are equally stupid for just hearing the "angle" they put on City "stories" rather than just concentrating on what is actually being said and being able to read between the (blurred) lines of the articles in question.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum