Right back, Micah or Zaba?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Right back, Micah or Zaba?

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 pm

100% Zab, We need more of him, vince and de jong.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Zabba is playing really well but if Micah Richards had wasted the kind of positions Zabba did yesterday, there would be a thread about it on here, with the usual claims of incompetence. He was criminally awful on several occasions yet there's no mention of it. Unfair treatment on Micah imo.

We should use both of them in rotation & we should give Boateng games v the lesser teams as well. Nothing got past him in his last game & I think he'll be a tremendous player once he settles in.

Micah wouldn't have had the awareness to make those runs tbh.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby colonel_muck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 am

i love all our full backs except bridge. zabaleta has a better engine than richards and is wll hard so i'll go for him, but never disappointed to see micah starting either. we've got such a good team!
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:23 am

I'd go Micah and kolarov as my fb pair with zabba deputy for both.

On current form he'd push then both for a place and keep them guessing.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Goataldo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Great to have good quality in this position. It's only fair that whoever's playing there and doing well should keep his place. So Zab for now.

The fact that das Boat isn't mentioned in the thread title speaks volumes. Lots to prove Jerome. (Can you control a football; convincingly win a header; look like you actually give a shit, etc, etc...)
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Both shite last year, both playing well this year.
Rotation is a given with Micah's constant knocks and Zab's frequent yellows. The important thing is that they're now both settled into that defence and can be called upon last-minute.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Hmmm...it's a toughie for me.....

;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby frozen_pea » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Have to say Zabaletta.

Really liked him when he first came. Then thought he wasn't a bad as Richards, but had the same problems of reckless tackles / shirt pulling. Was always risky of giving away a penalty or freekick in a dangerous position.

Recently he's been on top form and is great at getting forwards.
I know Richards has tried but seems to get baffled by being that far up the pitch and doesn't know what to do (Goal against Stoke an exception). Didn't seem to posses the quality of delivery whereas Zaba does.

Think Boateng needs more time to get used to the prem (I hope) as I've not been impressed by him, and doesn't seem confident getting over or passing the ball over the half way line.
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I reckon zabba is better at left back than he is right
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm

At the moment Mad Zab. He's playing really well and will always give 110%
I do like Richards though and he could play a part in Waffa games and be used as back up for RB and CB.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Kolorov getting sent off fucks out back four up, along with Kolo possibly being out.

Who do we play at left back?

Its got to be Zaba, but he's nowhere near as good here. So we are sacrificing zaba's ability at right back because Boateng, Lescott and Bridge are all severely shite at left back.

Richards Boateng Vince Zaba ?

Throwing boateng into the heart of the defence is a bit of a gamble though. . .

EDIT: Shit, I forgot Lescott.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sandman » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Zabba, he's strong. consistent (this season), reliable (this season), and he has the intelligence to track back that Richards seems to lack.
sandman

Postby ant london » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:33 pm

He was bloody great on Saturday. That was one of the best full back performances from a City player I can remember in a long time. Excellent all round.

I think Micah has improved this season but of late Zabba looks the more complete player
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:41 pm

ant london wrote:He was bloody great on Saturday. That was one of the best full back performances from a City player I can remember in a long time. Excellent all round.

I think Micah has improved this season but of late Zabba looks the more complete player

Zab seems to be getting forward a lot more as well which is important with the tactics we use.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Nick wrote:Kolorov getting sent off fucks out back four up, along with Kolo possibly being out.

Its got to be Zaba, but he's nowhere near as good here. So we are sacrificing zaba's ability at right back because Boateng, Lescott and Bridge are all severely shite at left back.

Boateng is not shite at left back - he played there for germany in the world cup and on the whole, did very well
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Goataldo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Mase wrote:
ant london wrote:He was bloody great on Saturday. That was one of the best full back performances from a City player I can remember in a long time. Excellent all round.

Zab seems to be getting forward a lot more as well which is important with the tactics we use.

I thought Pablo was man of the match on Sat. Brilliant display.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Wooders wrote:
Nick wrote:Kolorov getting sent off fucks out back four up, along with Kolo possibly being out.

Boateng is not shite at left back - he played there for germany in the world cup and on the whole, did very well

True, maybe it should have said shite for us. As I remember when we have had him there on a few occasions this season and he looked totally lost and I think Bobby had to change it around.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Colin the King » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I think everyone felt if Zabs ironed out the recklessness he'd be a brilliant full-back and he seems to have done that. What I'm most impressed by in the last month or so is that going forward, he looks a lot more dangerous than before. He always had pretty good delivery but seemed reluctant to go up and whip crosses in- now he's rushing forward regularly and getting into great positions. If we had a proper target man who could score with his head, we'd benefit even more from that.

Micah's also come on leaps and bounds in terms of concentration and closing space, and does look more composed going forward, but Zabs is edging it for me at the moment.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Colin the King wrote:I think everyone felt if Zabs ironed out the recklessness he'd be a brilliant full-back and he seems to have done that. What I'm most impressed by in the last month or so is that going forward, he looks a lot more dangerous than before. He always had pretty good delivery but seemed reluctant to go up and whip crosses in- now he's rushing forward regularly and getting into great positions. If we had a proper target man who could score with his head, we'd benefit even more from that.

Micah's also come on leaps and bounds in terms of concentration and closing space, and does look more composed going forward, but Zabs is edging it for me at the moment.

Agree but both are looking pretty good imo & Boateng was much improved in his last game. Add Ned to the list & we may have the 4 best right backs in the Prem to choose from next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Mad frank was very good on Saturday, and has looked good this season and I'm a fan of his. But he frightens me to death with his rash challenges. Micah for me, just.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum