Super Mario - Heading In The Right Direction?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Super Mario - Heading In The Right Direction?

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:29 pm

I thought his work-rate and general attitude showed massive signs of improvement today.

He is still infuriating at times but seems to be sorting his head out.

Well done lad, keep it up.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Super Mario - Heading In The Right Direction?

Postby 13021J » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Agree, although he did drift out of the game a bit in the second half. Looks much more threatening from a central position but has the pace, trickery and intelligence to drift in and threaten.

Mancini obviously backs him to the hilt so will be interesting to see him in the Tevez position against West Ham.

I find him exciting to watch. He could be The One.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:39 pm

He strikes me as a young Drogba with his dramatics at times, very fustrating but that will get ironed out by the start of next season i hope. Great potential, holds the ball up, skillful, he can pass, head and score. Just seem high maintenance though, maybe more trouble than he's worth?? Time will tell i suppose but i love the fella already and he has the best manager in Bobby Manc to keep him in check.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:54 pm

He is obviously capable of learning the lessons and taking on board the criticism. What was this game his 3rd full game in the prem? Looks promising to me, not as daft as we thought he might be. He nicked the ball back a couple of times today like he was pretending to be Tevez. Another 2 or 3 games and 2 or 3 sharp comments from Vieira and Mancini and he will be one of our best players.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:02 am

If this kid realises his potential here at City, we will be fucking laughing.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:07 am

Definitely showing great signs.Moves into some great positions, touch is improving and will always score goals
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Brad » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 am

I thought he was brilliant today,went down a couple of times but got up alot faster than he has been recently, got into some great positions, and was unlucky not to score, if he keeps workin hard then I'm sure he can become one of the best strikers in the Prem league!
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:41 am

I thought on a couple of occasions, and it was commented on by a fair few around me that it seemed like Tevez, Silva in particular were trying NOT to pass to him when he was clearly the best option having found himself some space.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby shawzy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:59 am

johnpb78 wrote:I thought on a couple of occasions, and it was commented on by a fair few around me that it seemed like Tevez, Silva in particular were trying NOT to pass to him when he was clearly the best option having found himself some space.

John i think your right there m8 and i reckon thats why Tevez was havin a sulk about being subbed cuz he wanted Mario off instead of him.
Thought Mario was very good today.I hope he settles in and stays with us..
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:45 am

For sure no one have been better than Bob at managing him, since he still was quite a child.

Going to the right direction, Yes. Still loads of huge work to be done, though, to turn him in a composed man as a top striker have to be in order to be always deciding.
I wont be surprised if he will have another peculiar go within a couple of games. Since now the biggest issue of his carreer had been the inability to stay focused on his duties for more than a month...
Time will, let's see... definitely if the Club - I mean the whole Club, fans included - does succeed to make him feel home and deliver the final article, Bob's bet shall result in the greatest bargain in the City history.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby pieboy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:48 am

It was interesting to see De Jong having little chats with him throughout the match. At one point De Jong was telling Mario to cut out the back chat to the linesman near me. Mario will learn and I think we'll see him improve as the season goes on.
pieboy
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:52 am

I reckon Mario would have been sent off if the 1st half had 10 minutes time added on, as he was getting really wound up to the end of the 1st half. He is a liability and a ticking time bomb, there is no way he will go the rest of the season without being sent off again.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby s1ty m » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:54 am

He reminds me of Thierry Henry in some way. He has a bit embarrassing in France 98, scored a couple, but looked unbelievably raw, with skills and pace overflowing, all legs like a calf. Mario has buckets of pace and skill and it is all raw, but like Henry, give him a season in the league and he will come through. Actually, to suggest that Henry 'came through' is a bit daft seeing as he is the best foreign player in the league, by a million miles. Mario could be our Henry. I drool.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby dazby » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 am

I was chuckling to myself when Marriner was buying into his diving at the end. Those free kicks were priceless.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:39 am

I thought he did as well as anyone could expect. Ok he could have scored but I think he did very little else wrong in the game. He was quiet in the 1st prt of the game but that was the fault of the other players not passing to him; he was making the runs & getting into great positions. I don't think it was deliberate that they ignored him, just that they're so used to having Tevez as the only attacking option that they automatically go towards him.

When they started to feed him 2nd half, I thought he was fantastic. We were shouting for them to just give him the ball because he looked like he was likely to do something special & unpredictable even when surrounded by players (like Rodney Marsh used to do).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:08 am

The key to the lad being as big as some poeple believe he can be for me is the rest of the team. Boby can school him and put his arm around him through the week in training as much as he likes, but its during the game that he is most likely to need it.
With ND, PV and YYT helping him and talking to him to keeps his head sorted, he is getting the best possible help.
If it fails for him here he will only have himself to blame.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 13021J » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:44 pm

pieboy wrote:It was interesting to see De Jong having little chats with him throughout the match. At one point De Jong was telling Mario to cut out the back chat to the linesman near me. Mario will learn and I think we'll see him improve as the season goes on.

I saw this too - Nigel is a legend
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Was a massive improvement indeed, just hope it continues.

The lad is class though, no doubt about it.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Reminds me of Robinho, can be as good as he wants to be? Although the wuestion is does he have the motivation? Robinho had the attributes to be the best player in the world but nowhere near the commitment. Lets hope Mario learns from that.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:13 pm

I think hes going to terrorise premier league defences.

We all know hes a bit of a character but hes the hottest prospect in football at the moment.I'm convinced he really can be one of the best in the world.

His off the ball movement is effortless he just knows what space to move to , some players have to work and work on this but it seems natural for Mario.So much ability for a 20 year old hes very quick and has a ferocious shot.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum