The Ref Today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Ref Today

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:10 am

furthermore, re. general attitude toward City....

Ted, as already suggested, take an opportunity to go at a Fans forum and ask Bob how many titles his Sampdoria would have won if wearing a vertical striped kit?... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:55 am

Rae4685 wrote:I like a good moan like the rest of you (usually when we lose) but that was definitely not a penalty and the decision to disallow the offside goal was spot on. Yeah I shouted f**k off at the time but on reflection spot on. Also Kolorov was stupid and inexperienced in the prem by diving in to a challenge straight after a yellow and only has himself to blame. Having said that I do feel we pick up yellows too easily but when you consider the actual offences then it's not as clear cut as your table above, for instance tevez was his own fault and 2 of them were kolorov so take those cards into context and it's abit more realistic

Here's a business oppportunity for an enterprising Blue: build an optician's in Warrington.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 am

Mariner is a cunt, and he cost me money.
Had tevez 1st goal and city to win 2-0. bastard.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
King Kev wrote:A fucking appalling performance from Mr Mariner today. How he manages to get so many decisions wrong is beyond me!

Disallowed a perfectly good goal.
    Sent off Kolorov for a second bookable offence when he clearly won the ball.
    Denied us a penalty when their man had his arm straight out at a right-angle to his body and it stopped our cross.
    Showed them half as many cards when they commited nearly twice as many fouls

Why do we have to put up with this kind of crap week in week out? Mariner is so unfit that he couldn't keep up with play and was rarely anywhere near the incident he was making decisions on! He is an absolute disgrace and should never be allowed to referee again.

I thought the ref was poor today but:
The disallowed goal wasnt that bad.Barry was offside and did start to move towards the ball and Cahill did stop running whe3n he might have stopped the cross.Had that been against City and been given we would have been livid.
Kolarov's tackle will often not be even deemed a foul but it was studs up and he did go right through the ball and take the man.Just what the refs are deeming dangerous play and suggesting the tackler isnt in full control.
The pen might have been given but it did rebound of his chest onto his arm
Yes I think they were very lucky not to have more bookings.
We also got a lucky break when Mario pushed their full back to win a ball and start a break from which we could easily have scored.

Just looking at it without blue tinteds on:)

Agree with the above. The whole lets have a go at the ref thing bores me to be honest. Yes they get things wrong but who wouldn't. The job is obviously much harder than people realise. I mean can it be that EVERY ref that has ever gone through the training is shite? or is it that the reality is that its impossible to get everything right. Some days they hav abad day and call alot wrong but I do not for one minute believe they are doing it on purpose, I mean why the hell would they? The only way to put a stop to this is to get them more help i.e. video evidence etc. I for one don't like that idea but perhaps its the only way forward.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am

Lees Alter Ego wrote:
King Kev wrote:A fucking appalling performance from Mr Mariner today. How he manages to get so many decisions wrong is beyond me!

Denied us a penalty when their man had his arm straight out at a right-angle to his body and it stopped our cross.

Why do we have to put up with this kind of crap week in week out? Mariner is so unfit that he couldn't keep up with play and was rarely anywhere near the incident he was making decisions on! He is an absolute disgrace and should never be allowed to referee again.

The disallowed goal wasnt that bad.Barry was offside and did start to move towards the ball and Cahill did stop running whe3n he might have stopped the cross.Had that been against City and been given we would have been livid.
Kolarov's tackle will often not be even deemed a foul but it was studs up and he did go right through the ball and take the man.Just what the refs are deeming dangerous play and suggesting the tackler isnt in full control.
We also got a lucky break when Mario pushed their full back to win a ball and start a break from which we could easily have scored.

Agree with the above. The whole lets have a go at the ref thing bores me to be honest. Yes they get things wrong but who wouldn't. The job is obviously much harder than people realise. I mean can it be that EVERY ref that has ever gone through the training is shite? or is it that the reality is that its impossible to get everything right. Some days they hav abad day and call alot wrong but I do not for one minute believe they are doing it on purpose, I mean why the hell would they? The only way to put a stop to this is to get them more help i.e. video evidence etc. I for one don't like that idea but perhaps its the only way forward.

I'm not sure anyone is suggesting the ref did it on purpose. Just that he was a useless, incompetent bag of shit. He was probably trying to be neutral & not favour City as the home team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Lees Alter Ego wrote:

I'm not sure anyone is suggesting the ref did it on purpose. Just that he was a useless, incompetent bag of shit. He was probably trying to be neutral & not favour City as the home team.

My point wasn't really aimed at anyone in particular on this thread just the whole mentality towards refs in general. I have a fella that sits behind me, goes mental every time the ref blows against us and goes equally as mental if we dont get a decision for something that clearly wasnt a foul. According to him ever ref is a "mune". Does my head in so much so that I want to move. But guess thats just one bloke and not the whole MCF.net message board ha
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Rae4685 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:02 am

Too my percentages in that paragraph for me ted! As far as I'm concerned I am right and you are all wrong! Barry making a movement towards the ball when in an offside position inside the opponents box which makes him without a shadow of doubt ACTIVE.
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 am

Rae4685 wrote:Too my percentages in that paragraph for me ted! As far as I'm concerned I am right and you are all wrong! Barry making a movement towards the ball when in an offside position inside the opponents box which makes him without a shadow of doubt ACTIVE.

Not in almost every other game it doesn't so why is the law suddenly interpreted that way in our game? I assume you've seen, like I have, many many occasions where players have run after a ball in an offside position & there's been no flag, then they touch the ball & up goes the flag. If Barry was offside, you can chalk off 100 or so goals around Europe last season & loads of Barca's & Arsenal's. The correct thing to do, if the linesman thought Barry may have been interfering, would have been to both tell the ref & let the ref decide after the goal. No doubt the wanker would have disallowed it but at least it would have been correct proceedure.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TheGOAT » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:

Even though i thought he was poor, he didn't disalow the goal - the linesman did and it wasn't a penalty, hit his chest first then his arm, cahill could do nothing to get out of the way and it wasn't going goalbound when it rebounded onto his arm.

That's what I initially thought but when I saw in detail that his arm was stuck out at right angles to his body, there was no reason for it to be there other than to try & block the original shot. Therefore even though it hit his chest 1st, it's still a pen.

Exactly, he's making himself bigger like a goalkeeper would, it's a handball 10000%!!
"Watch a DVD, eat some pizza
**** each other!
I'm serious!!
**** a chicken if that's what it takes...
Watch a chicken ******* a horse...
What? You think the guys at google sat around watching Trumpton?"
TheGOAT
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

For what it's worth, I did say at the time that Kolorov's first booking was a good one to take. Beaten all ends up and took the man out cynically on the halfway line. Fair enough really and he took his medicine. The second one certainly didn't look worthy of a booking, especially when you consider which other challenges went unpunished earlier.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:For what it's worth, I did say at the time that Kolorov's first booking was a good one to take. Beaten all ends up and took the man out cynically on the halfway line. Fair enough really and he took his medicine. The second one certainly didn't look worthy of a booking, especially when you consider which other challenges went unpunished earlier.

Completely agree. 1st one was a booking, similar to about ten challenges which Bolton should have recieved cards for & the 2nd one he got to the ball first & their player arrived afterwards, so how that can be his fault I don't know.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum