The Ref Today

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Ref Today

Postby King Kev » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 pm

A fucking appalling performance from Mr Mariner today. How he manages to get so many decisions wrong is beyond me!

Disallowed a perfectly good goal.
    Sent off Kolorov for a second bookable offence when he clearly won the ball.
    Denied us a penalty when their man had his arm straight out at a right-angle to his body and it stopped our cross.
    Showed them half as many cards when they commited nearly twice as many fouls

Why do we have to put up with this kind of crap week in week out? Mariner is so unfit that he couldn't keep up with play and was rarely anywhere near the incident he was making decisions on! He is an absolute disgrace and should never be allowed to referee again.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: The Ref Today

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Love it that Mancio said ''it is always us that it seems to happen against''

Mariner is a rag and it was OBVIOUS he wanted to send a city player off today and not book any bolton player.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 pm

With refs like this City winning the league is like England getting the World Cup.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm

The officials are fuckin dire throughout the whole league this season, even Howard Webb is starting to believe his own hype and is starting to love the celebrity aspect of fame just like that other shit ref, whose name escapes me, the one who gave three yellow cards at the world cup.

Full-time officials were supposed to improve the game, it has failed fuckin miserably.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 pm

i think Septic Bladder would have done a better job.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Fish111 wrote:The officials are fuckin dire throughout the whole league this season, even Howard Webb is starting to believe his own hype and is starting to love the celebrity aspect of fame just like that other shit ref, whose name escapes me, the one who gave three yellow cards at the world cup.

Full-time officials were supposed to improve the game, it has failed fuckin miserably.

Graham poll?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Fish111 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Fish111 wrote:The officials are fuckin dire throughout the whole league this season, even Howard Webb is starting to believe his own hype and is starting to love the celebrity aspect of fame just like that other shit ref, whose name escapes me, the one who gave three yellow cards at the world cup.

Graham poll?

That's the fucker.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 pm

TBH now would be good time for City to make a big song and dance about the ref, after a win so there is no sour grapes angle, also as the officials made a clear mistake with the offside they are on the back foot already.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby dario2739 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 pm

I thought his performance was the worst (so-called) referreeing I've ever seen today... after a few beers and time to reflect, I am now sure it was - that twat should never be allowed to officiate a PL game again, he was dogshite!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Didn't apply the laws of the game the same way for both teams and looked a complete buffoon out there. Case in point, Muamba committed 26 fouls in that game, Davies committed about 15 and they got 1 yellow between them, Kolarove committed 1 foul and another challenge where he got the ball and yet ended up being sent-off. Utterly awful performance from Mr Marriner.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:05 am

Most of the time I try to take an objective view, but that was an incredibly myopic performance. Tbf I can see why he sent Kolarov off but it was the fucking inconsistency of the bookings that really got to me.
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:05 am

King Kev wrote:A fucking appalling performance from Mr Mariner today. How he manages to get so many decisions wrong is beyond me!

Denied us a penalty when their man had his arm straight out at a right-angle to his body and it stopped our cross.

Why do we have to put up with this kind of crap week in week out? Mariner is so unfit that he couldn't keep up with play and was rarely anywhere near the incident he was making decisions on! He is an absolute disgrace and should never be allowed to referee again.

I thought the ref was poor today but:
The disallowed goal wasnt that bad.Barry was offside and did start to move towards the ball and Cahill did stop running whe3n he might have stopped the cross.Had that been against City and been given we would have been livid.
Kolarov's tackle will often not be even deemed a foul but it was studs up and he did go right through the ball and take the man.Just what the refs are deeming dangerous play and suggesting the tackler isnt in full control.
The pen might have been given but it did rebound of his chest onto his arm
Yes I think they were very lucky not to have more bookings.
We also got a lucky break when Mario pushed their full back to win a ball and start a break from which we could easily have scored.

Just looking at it without blue tinteds on:)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Brad » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 am

Terrible refeering yet again, Silva was onside,and for me Kolorov should've had one yellow, no more,deffo not a red.
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Who say's the ref's are getting decision's wrong; they may be getting them right, in certain quarters. Take the Anelka penalty yesterday, how many people with any knowledge of the game would give that, and if it was, why didn't Howard get a Red Card.

There have been too many 'wrong calls' for this just to be honest mistakes in my book, and I really do think that they are going beyond the call of duty to keep the status quo.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
King Kev wrote:A fucking appalling performance from Mr Mariner today. How he manages to get so many decisions wrong is beyond me!

The disallowed goal wasnt that bad.Barry was offside and did start to move towards the ball and Cahill did stop running whe3n he might have stopped the cross.Had that been against City and been given we would have been livid.
Kolarov's tackle will often not be even deemed a foul but it was studs up and he did go right through the ball and take the man.Just what the refs are deeming dangerous play and suggesting the tackler isnt in full control.
We also got a lucky break when Mario pushed their full back to win a ball and start a break from which we could easily have scored.

The commentators on ESPN and FOX dont have blue tinted specs on either and they couldn't believe it wasn't given
when it actually was a legitimate goal - shocking refereeing.

The shot that Silva had would have hit the target (In fact would have been a goal as he hit it that hard ) but it was stopped by that defenders arm irrespective of chest to arm...its handball in any book and therefore a penalty.

Kolarov should not have been sent off for that second supposed foul.

All the above...ESPN and FOX commentators (not biased ones I might add) and the post match panel reaction and analysis agreed that the ref was a wanker (They may not have used the word wanker).

To surmise.
The ref was shocking from start to finish.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

The commentators on ESPN and FOX dont have blue tinted specs on either and they couldn't believe it wasn't given
when it actually was a legitimate goal - shocking refereeing.

The shot that Silva had would have hit the target (In fact would have been a goal as he hit it that hard ) but it was stopped by that defenders arm irrespective of chest to arm...its handball in any book and therefore a penalty.

Kolarov should not have been sent off for that second supposed foul.

All the above...ESPN and FOX commentators (not biased ones I might add) and the post match panel reaction and analysis agreed that the ref was a wanker (They may not have used the word wanker).

To surmise.
The ref was shocking from start to finish.

I agree, even Perry Groves (Footie 1st) could not believe what had happened with each of those incidents.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rae4685 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Graham poll?

Is a fucking arsehole!
Rae4685

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Rae4685 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Who say's the ref's are getting decision's wrong; they may be getting them right, in certain quarters. Take the Anelka penalty yesterday, how many people with any knowledge of the game would give that, and if it was, why didn't Howard get a Red Card.

There have been too many 'wrong calls' for this just to be honest mistakes in my book, and I really do think that they are going beyond the call of duty to keep the status quo.

I dont think that was a pen anelka knocked the ball 3 yards to the right of Howard and ran into him, it was ridiculous!
Rae4685

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby frozen_pea » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Ian Holloway and Chris Kamara on Goals on Sunday this morning had their views on the ref.

Kolorov incident: Good tackle , could see why the ref over-reacted as he played the ball and then the man, but both agreed was not a foul.

Penalty: Said it would have been harsh, but if your arms are up you are susceptible for the ball hitting your arm. My view is that it was a penalty as it was handball (the arm changed the flight of the ball) but wasn't deliberate so the player doesn't get booked.

Offside: Good decision, and unfortunately I have to agree with them. Barry was offside, he went for the ball making him active. From the linesmans perspective, Silva comes from behind Barry, but I think the linesman had already flagged? If that was against us and was allowed to stand we would be saying it was offside as he went for the ball and our defenders stopped. Others would be saying always play to the whistle. My problem with the decision in the same situation next week (either for or against us) that could be classed as onside. There is no consistency! I do agree that Barry was active as he went for the ball then stopped. If he stood still and didn't chase the ball then I would say it's a bad decision.

Completely agree about the inconsistency from the ref though. Mario was hacked to the ground nearly all match, especially on and around the halfway line with no repercussions to the offending player. Yaya and Kolorov both get booked on their first foul of the game? Makes no sense.
frozen_pea
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Rae4685 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Who say's the ref's are getting decision's wrong; they may be getting them right, in certain quarters. Take the Anelka penalty yesterday, how many people with any knowledge of the game would give that, and if it was, why didn't Howard get a Red Card.

I dont think that was a pen anelka knocked the ball 3 yards to the right of Howard and ran into him, it was ridiculous!

And that's the point mate, some of these decision's are beyond common sense, which can only lead to me thinking that the games are somehow pre-ordained, in some respect. We all know that the Ref's come under the control of the Premier League and the Premier League want what is best for their product, that for me is by keeping the status quo and keeping the top sides in the limelight - that's who the punter's tune into.

Then you've got the ref's who attend monthly meeting's with the head man, and although they may have a quick chat about new rules etc, I'm sure there are certain orders filtered down for the good of the game. Making them professional ref's did not make them more credible, it made them more accountable - to the Premier League, who strangely, pay their wages.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum