Mancini reflects on win over Bolton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini reflects on win over Bolton

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:25 pm

[youtube]rXqRDJMIL10[/youtube]

Roberto Mancini was relieved that a succession of missed opportunities did not come back to haunt City after they recorded a narrow win over Bolton on Saturday.

City had the lion's share of possession and had a flurry of chances at different times in the game, with Balotelli and Silva rattling the woodwork, but in the end Carlos Tevez's early goal proved to be the difference.

Aleksander Kolarov's sending off in the 80th minute, for a second yellow card, ensured that the closing stages were tense but the Blues held on to keep a good grip on fourth place in the Barclays Premier League.

"We deserved to win but we made it hard for ourselves," said Roberto, “but if we don't score when we create so many chances this is what can happen.

"I'm not sure if it was one of our best performances, we also had a lot of chances against Blackpool and Birmingham, but we must improve when are in front of goal, especially at home.

"Their keeper made four or five good saves, and we were selfish at times. We made mistakes when we could have scored, but that is football."

City will also be without Carlos Tevez, as well as their Serbian left back, for the game at Upton Park next Saturday after Carlos Tevez received his fifth yellow card of the season. The skipper angrily kicked the ball away when disagreeing with a decision from referee Andre Marriner, and the Manager ruefully reflected on his reduced options for next week.

"With Carlos I agree with the referee, he
deserved that yellow card. But I do not
agree with the linesman with the
sending off, I don't think that was a
good decision."

Mario Balotelli put in another eye-catching performance on the day he was splashed all over the papers for supposed "bust-up" with Jerome Boateng in training, something the Manager shrugged off as part and parcel of football.

"What happened yesterday was nothing, it was a normal situation that maybe happens at every club every week. He played well today, all that was missing was a goal, but he can still improve in all parts of his game.

"Jerome was in the stands, because I can't put three defenders on the bench. Two weeks ago it was Joleon, a week before that it was Micah, it's a normal situation."

The injury that saw Kolo Toure forced off in the first half was confirmed as a calf problem, but as yet there is no time frame on how long the Ivorian may be out for.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Mancini reflects on win over Bolton

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 pm

In a funny kind of way im glad that the players were frustrated today. We still got the win and thats what counts. Collectively they will be happy but a lot of players will be seriously frustrated. They will take that to the next games and as WHU is away then for me the frustration will carry over to the next home game. Everton could well be the beneficiaries ;)

Im going for the Everton game to be the kick start of our season... with the whole SS doing the Poznan and special guest appearance from Alan.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum