Carlitos

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlitos

Postby Crossie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 am

Unfortunately no player will ever be bigger than the club.

I really really hope that Carlos was just pissed as coming off before Balotelli, lets all be honest, if both were equally fit, it should have been Mario that came off.

Carlos should not show such a public demonstration of frustration EVER, I dont care if it shows passion or not, it sends out stupid messages to everyone else watching.

He can have a week off now anyway and calm down. Dont fucking let him go back to argentina though!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 am

Imo he was pissed (rightly so) cos the manager shows blatant favoritism to his buddy Mario. With tevez banned for the next match there was only one striker that should have come off considering the work rate of both.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Tevez was totally in the wrong. It was perfectly reasonable to keep on a player who could be expected to hold the ball up better in the last few minutes given we were down to ten men. Anyway it's Mancini who's paid to take decisions on substitutions not Tevez. He's Club Captain and should behave like it. No one's bigger than the team.

Carlos works hard and delivers for the team but boy he's high maintenance.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Crossie wrote:Unfortunately no player will ever be bigger than the club.

I really really hope that Carlos was just pissed as coming off before Balotelli, lets all be honest, if both were equally fit, it should have been Mario that came off.

Carlos should not show such a public demonstration of frustration EVER, I dont care if it shows passion or not, it sends out stupid messages to everyone else watching.

He can have a week off now anyway and calm down. Dont fucking let him go back to argentina though!

Another angle on why he was frustrated at being hauled off, is that knowing he was going to miss a game he probably wanted to go all out to bag another goal... to compensate.
There is no doubt at all that Tevez just loves to score goals, his reaction, his face says it all. He wants to be the best goalscorer and be top of the pile. It would be no surprise to me that his targets are the Golden Boot and in the long term highest hit rate at the club and in the league.
He may well have already decided in his head that he was going to go and do one of his 'grab the ball off some dozing defender and go and put it straight in the net specials'. Then he gets pulled and is mighty pissed.

Just a thought.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Crossie wrote:I really really hope that Carlos was just pissed as coming off before Balotelli, lets all be honest, if both were equally fit, it should have been Mario that came off.

On the first point -- i think Balo surely showed that Mancini made the right decision by winning about 3 free kicks in extra time which absolutely frustrated Bolton...i saw someone yell at him "Get up you fucking prick!" and it made Bolton so angry that they had literally no chance to mount anything constructive. Balo was perfect during extra time. Carlos wouldn't have done what Balo did. End of story for me.

On the second point -- i disagree. I liked the ENTIRE incident. Carlos wanted to stay on...Roberto gave him a dressing down and a friendly push into the stands. We can't allow the media frenzy to let us fear ANY conflict. I guarantee you that success for City will not come without conflict, and i have no issues or complaints about Carlos' attitude. The message i got is he loves playing for our team so much he doesn't want to leave the pitch. Why would that upset me? i don't care what the Daily Mail or the Sun thinks. Or some assclown, douchelick pundit on any number of the mostly-garbage shows that pretend to be anything other than fearful of what City and Mancini represent together.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bluej » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Crossie wrote:I really really hope that Carlos was just pissed as coming off before Balotelli, lets all be honest, if both were equally fit, it should have been Mario that came off.

On the first point -- i think Balo surely showed that Mancini made the right decision by winning about 3 free kicks in extra time which absolutely frustrated Bolton...i saw someone yell at him "Get up you fucking prick!" and it made Bolton so angry that they had literally no chance to mount anything constructive. Balo was perfect during extra time.

Completely agree, I thought he played Bolton perfectly during the last 5 minutes or so.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:36 pm

bluej wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

On the first point -- i think Balo surely showed that Mancini made the right decision by winning about 3 free kicks in extra time which absolutely frustrated Bolton...i saw someone yell at him "Get up you fucking prick!" and it made Bolton so angry that they had literally no chance to mount anything constructive. Balo was perfect during extra time.

Completely agree, I thought he played Bolton perfectly during the last 5 minutes or so.

yeah, he was perfect in injury time and colpletely pissed oof the Bolton players. Well don Bal. As for Tevez , well what can I say, he is entitled to be pissed off for being subbed but as Captain, he should show more restraint.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
bluej wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

yeah, he was perfect in injury time and colpletely pissed oof the Bolton players. Well don Bal. As for Tevez , well what can I say, he is entitled to be pissed off for being subbed but as Captain, he should show more restraint.

He shouldn't shout at the manager but seeing as the manager says he likes it, why would he not shout at him? Makes the Bellamy decision even stranger.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
bluej wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

He shouldn't shout at the manager but seeing as the manager says he likes it, why would he not shout at him? Makes the Bellamy decision even stranger.

Managers over the years have always let some players get away with stuff that others wouldn't. A perfect example of this was Ferguson with Roy Keane and Cantona and Busby with George Best. They let them get away with it as they know how important they are on the pitch, Bellamy does not fit into the Tevez, Balotelli, Keane, Best and Cantona catergory.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:00 pm

So we've got 2 then? Why not 3?

Load of nonsense.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So we've got 2 then? Why not 3?

Load of nonsense.

Because Bellamy isn't in the same class as Tevez and Balotelli, i thought i made that clear?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:

Load of nonsense.

Because Bellamy isn't in the same class as Tevez and Balotelli, i thought i made that clear?

Load of nonsense.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Load of nonsense.

Load of nonsense.

No it isn't. Joelon Lescott and SWP get up to mischief on and off the pitch, maybe have a scuffle in training, shout at mancini when they are subbed off, you really beleive Mancini would just turn a blind eye to it and keep playing them or do you think they will be out on their arses at the earliest oppourtunity?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Load of nonsense.

Load of nonsense.

No it isn't. Joelon Lescott and SWP get up to mischief on and off the pitch, maybe have a scuffle in training, shout at mancini when they are subbed off, you really beleive Mancini would just turn a blind eye to it and keep playing them or do you think they will be out on their arses at the earliest oppourtunity?

So at what point does the player become worthy of such special treatment? Obviously it's got fuck all to do with what he does on the pitch seeing as Balotelli was included without hardly kicking a ball wheras Bellamy isn't included in spite of being one of our best players. Is Dzeko on the list? Or Torres? Seeing as they've played almost as many games as Balotelli. Do defenders qualify? So if Vinny Kompany tells him fo fuck off is he a gonner even though he's more important to the team than Balotelli? Are Jo Hart & AJ on the list? Utter bilge.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Bellamy was equally as important to us as Tevez imo ... far too soon to put Balotelli as an important player for us ... yet
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Load of nonsense.

Load of nonsense.

So at what point does the player become worthy of such special treatment? Obviously it's got fuck all to do with what he does on the pitch seeing as Balotelli was included without hardly kicking a ball wheras Bellamy isn't included in spite of being one of our best players. Is Dzeko on the list? Or Torres? Seeing as they've played almost as many games as Balotelli. Do defenders qualify? So if Vinny Kompany tells him fo fuck off is he a gonner even though he's more important to the team than Balotelli? Are Jo Hart & AJ on the list? Utter bilge.

Whatever Ted, it is not nonsense or bilge, it is what happens. I'll ask you another, just suppose that a fringe player had kung fu kicked a crystal palace fan instead of cantona, you think ferguson would of stuck by him and wait for him to return or would they be on their way at the earliest oppourtunity? Managers lets their best players get away with stuff other players wouldn't, it is FACT.

Torres and Gerrard are the same with Liverpool, i mean look at Wayne Rooney at united, you think if Michael Carrick or Valencia would of done what Rooney pulled that they would still be rewarded and wanted by the manager? Benitez/Hodgson needed/need Gerrard and Torres, Ferguson needs Wayne Rooney, Mancini needs Tevez and Balotelli.
Last edited by the_georgian_genius on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Chinners wrote:Bellamy was equally as important to us as Tevez imo ... far too soon to put Balotelli as an important player for us ... yet

To the fans maybe, to Mancini he wasn't which is why he is playing in the championship and Tevez and Balotelli are with us and getting away with stuff that Bellamy couldn't.

Balotelli is the kingpin for Mancini, it's no coincidence that since he came back we have played better. To Mancini, Balotelli is the first name on the teamsheet.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Ferguson sticks by all his players including rapists, drug cheats, thugs etc, unless they start to argue with him, then their feet don't touch the floor. Keane, Beckham, Stam etc etc were all kicked out in those circumstances.

It's a daft comparison.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Ferguson sticks by all his players including rapists, drug cheats, thugs etc, unless they start to argue with him, then their feet don't touch the floor. Keane, Beckham, Stam etc etc were all kicked out in those circumstances.

It's a daft comparison.

What is daft Ted is the comparisons you are giving me to tell me i am talking bollocks.

You really beileve Keane never once argued with Ferguson in his 12 years there or got up to any shit? Fergie turned a blind eye to everything he did, the outbursts, the in fighting, the drinking. He was 34 when he was shown the door by fergie, he was shown the door because he was 34.

Beckham went because he was no longer the same player and inportance to Ferguson.

Stam is Fergies biggest mistake/regret.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:46 pm

This should be interesting when its released, Tevez offical interview on city tv to be released in two parts.Looking forward to it.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... v-and-ManC
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum