Carlitos

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carlitos

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Ferguson sticks by all his players including rapists, drug cheats, thugs etc, unless they start to argue with him, then their feet don't touch the floor. Keane, Beckham, Stam etc etc were all kicked out in those circumstances.

It's a daft comparison.

What is daft Ted is the comparisons you are giving me to tell me i am talking bollocks.

You really beileve Keane never once argued with Ferguson in his 12 years there or got up to any shit? Fergie turned a blind eye to everything he did, the outbursts, the in fighting, the drinking. He was 34 when he was shown the door by fergie, he was shown the door because he was 34.

Beckham went because he was no longer the same player and inportance to Ferguson.

Stam is Fergies biggest mistake/regret.

Ferguson backs all his players, not one or two, even the shit ones & the crocks. If they then cause trouble with him, he fires them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Chinners wrote:Bellamy was equally as important to us as Tevez imo ... far too soon to put Balotelli as an important player for us ... yet

To the fans maybe, to Mancini he wasn't which is why he is playing in the championship and Tevez and Balotelli are with us and getting away with stuff that Bellamy couldn't.

Balotelli is the kingpin for Mancini, it's no coincidence that since he came back we have played better. To Mancini, Balotelli is the first name on the teamsheet.

I stand corrected, didn't realise you and Mancini were best mates otherwise I would have just put it down to opinion
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Remember a few weeks back when Carlos gave an interview stating that he was sick of agents and young players who have barely earned the right to be associated with the shirt, never-mind wearing it? Well, I wonder if he was referring to our very own Mario Balotelli?

Mario whinged at Carlos a couple of times yesterday and at one point Carlos seemed to put him firmly in his place. Maybe Carlos feels that Mario, and Mancini, are undermining his position, and from yesterday's decision I can understand where he's coming from. Mario, once again, had done nothing of importance to warrant staying on and yet again seems to get the nod; we can all say he did well to get a couple of free-kicks, but who's to say Carlos could not have done the same, and if we are going to hail Mario for a few free-kicks in the last 5 rather than the previous 90's effort then there's something wrong with football.

Mario does seem to get preferential treatment and if it was me in Carlos' position, I'd be mighty pissed off also. I'm just wondering if Carlos isn't exactly what Mancini wants, but more of a saving grace to him, and when the time comes, he'll be dropped faster than a shit filled donut.

Just a thought.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Chinners wrote:
Chinners wrote:Bellamy was equally as important to us as Tevez imo ... far too soon to put Balotelli as an important player for us ... yet

To the fans maybe, to Mancini he wasn't which is why he is playing in the championship and Tevez and Balotelli are with us and getting away with stuff that Bellamy couldn't.

Balotelli is the kingpin for Mancini, it's no coincidence that since he came back we have played better. To Mancini, Balotelli is the first name on the teamsheet.

I stand corrected, didn't realise you and Mancini were best mates otherwise I would have just put it down to opinion

Yawn, i thought it would be obvious that Bellamy was not one of Mancini's favourites considering that he is playing his trade on loan in the championship.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Ferguson sticks by all his players including rapists, drug cheats, thugs etc, unless they start to argue with him, then their feet don't touch the floor. Keane, Beckham, Stam etc etc were all kicked out in those circumstances.

It's a daft comparison.

What is daft Ted is the comparisons you are giving me to tell me i am talking bollocks.

You really beileve Keane never once argued with Ferguson in his 12 years there or got up to any shit? Fergie turned a blind eye to everything he did, the outbursts, the in fighting, the drinking. He was 34 when he was shown the door by fergie, he was shown the door because he was 34.

Beckham went because he was no longer the same player and inportance to Ferguson.

Stam is Fergies biggest mistake/regret.

Ferguson backs all his players, not one or two, even the shit ones & the crocks. If they then cause trouble with him, he fires them.

Why is Rooney still there then?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:16 pm

You seem tired, better get an early night fella. Of course ,Mancini doesn't like/rate Bellamy, thats why he's been shipped off. IN MY OPINION Bellamy was an important element of our team and play, far more so than Balotelli at present due to the number of games.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Chinners wrote:You seem tired, better get an early night fella. Of course ,Mancini doesn't like/rate Bellamy, thats why he's been shipped off. IN MY OPINION Bellamy was an important element of our team and play, far more so than Balotelli at present due to the number of games.

We are not talking about fans opinions or mine or yours on players. We are talking about how much a manager lets a player get away with things depending on how important they are to the manager.

I don't have to be Mancini's best mate to know that Bellamy is and never has been important or a favourite of Mancini's, and the reason i know that is because he is at Cardiff.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Chinners wrote:You seem tired, better get an early night fella. Of course ,Mancini doesn't like/rate Bellamy, thats why he's been shipped off. IN MY OPINION Bellamy was an important element of our team and play, far more so than Balotelli at present due to the number of games.

We are not talking about fans opinions or mine or yours on players. We are talking about how much a manager lets a player get away with things depending on how important they are to the manager.

I don't have to be Mancini's best mate to know that Bellamy is and never has been important or a favourite of Mancini's, and the reason i know that is because he is at Cardiff.

Exactly, Mancini fecked Bellamy off but seems to let Balotelli do as he wants. Its his decision of course but to me its far too early to put Balotelli as such an important element to the team, in time he maybe but not now. The reason we've been playing more attacking football is more down to Zabs and Kov imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Chinners wrote:

Exactly, Mancini fecked Bellamy off but seems to let Balotelli do as he wants. Its his decision of course but to me its far too early to put Balotelli as such an important element to the team, in time he maybe but not now. The reason we've been playing more attacking football is more down to Zabs and Kov imo

Thats what managers do, he obviously sees Balotelli having worked with him for 3 years as an important player in his team, as is Tevez which is why he gets away with publicly arguing with the manager and the manager laughs it off and says he enjoys it, anyone else would of done it and they would be on their way.
the_georgian_genius

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:46 pm

love(d) Bellers - do not think he was going to take us to another level though - although I would have loved him coming off the bench for final 20mins - but in the end Mancini has been chosen to lead us and all players (and us) have to back him - if some do not want to - well it is obvious what the outcome will / should be.

But like any manager / Director - in any walk of life - he will provide more leeway to some people than others - that is life, be it because they are key / mates or whatever

Re Balo, I have to say that I really think that IF (big if) he can be 'managed' he might be incredibly special and the sort of player that could take any team to the next level - very very special - I really hope so
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:47 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:love(d) Bellers - do not think he was going to take us to another level though - although I would have loved him coming off the bench for final 20mins - but in the end Mancini has been chosen to lead us and all players (and us) have to back him - if some do not want to - well it is obvious what the outcome will / should be.

But like any manager / Director - in any walk of life - he will provide more leeway to some people than others - that is life, be it because they are key / mates or whatever

Re Balo, I have to say that I really think that IF (big if) he can be 'managed' he might be incredibly special and the sort of player that could take any team to the next level - very very special - I really hope so

Spot on mate, it's the way it goes. Same applies to fans aswell, some give leeway to players yet when one who they don't like does something wrong they get it both barrels.
the_georgian_genius

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:34 pm

It's Carlos who's had special treatment being allowed special leave to visit his family in Argentina and being made captain when he isn't really the sensible choice. The club have bent over backwards for him. Of course he works really hard and delivers goals which are vital. Still all that fuss about being taken off for a few minutes when the game had changed and we were down to ten men. He's Club Captain and he caused a raft of bad publicity for us which was plain wrong.

Mancini saw the game out and that's all that matters to me. Those golden words. Three points.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum