Vinnie K

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinnie K

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 am

Has been my favourite player since he played his first game. Not sure why but id be really intimidated by him up close, he just looks huge to me! not someone id like to play against.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 pm

He's our future captain without a shadow of doubt.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby french_tony » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Just when I thought I couldn't love the guy any more:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Kompany-and-Boyata-at-Cheadle-Branch

As well as being an awesome player he seems like a genuinely nice guy and extremely grounded for a footballer. Anyone here go to that?
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Slim wrote:
Brad wrote:
s1ty m wrote:What a player. [highlight]Best centre half in the league, this season.[/highlight] Fantastic rock of a giant of a beast of a man.

Agree with you 100 percent mate.

I think that's an opinion shared by other fans as well, the amount I hear them rave on about him, guess he must be alright.

isn't he a defensive midfielder?! ;-)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 pm

I fucking love the guy. Outstanding player an hope he remains at the club for a long time to come. Should be captain imo
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:44 pm

There was a similar thread about a month ago and I said then that he is the outstanding player of the season so far and should, without question, be the captain. He's done nothing since to make me change my opinion

Just remembered, it was the thread about him giving away 100 free tickets to a home game. The guy's a legend
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:59 pm

I dont think ive seen a more composed centre half since the days of Keith Curle.I think curley wurley was fucking brilliant aswell as a kid i had Curle number 5 on my shirts i thought that highly of him.

Well in Vinny,A SUPERSTAR AND BLUE LEGEND IN THE MAKING.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Top top player - amazing how the media still cream themselves about vidic and camel face and Komps hardly gets a mention
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 am

the bad news is that he is going in my fantasy team in January to replace Ade - cue long term injury/run of poor form and a glut of goals for adebayor
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 am

Vincent Kompany is fantastic. He's what City is all about, guts, passion and blue blood.
I hope he spends his career with us.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:26 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Top top player - amazing how the media still cream themselves about vidic and camel face and Komps hardly gets a mention

i was thinking watching him this weekend that he's as good as Vidic...it kinda made me laff...on several levels.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Top top player - amazing how the media still cream themselves about vidic and camel face and Komps hardly gets a mention

i was thinking watching him this weekend that he's as good as Vidic...it kinda made me laff...on several levels.

cheers

Only if he's down on form and taking tackling lessons from Zabs.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 am

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

that's funny, but do you believe it?

i haven't watched the rags much this season tbf, but i still rate Vidic...you don't?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

that's funny, but do you believe it?

i haven't watched the rags much this season tbf, but i still rate Vidic...you don't?

cheers

BEST

CENTREHALF

IN

THE

LEAGUE.

Everyone is below him at the moment.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 am

Imo Vinny is currently one of the best I've ever seen. If he had lightning pace, he'd probably be THE best.The question is; can he keep it up? Lots of players have a great season or half season & even look like the best thing since sliced bread (see:Ireland/Elano/Dunne) but the test of a genuine top player is to keep doing it year in year out even when you have to come back from bad spells, low confidence, mistakes etc (see: Vidic).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Esky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Imo Vinny is currently one of the best I've ever seen. If he had lightning pace, he'd probably be THE best.The question is; can he keep it up? Lots of players have a great season or half season & even look like the best thing since sliced bread (see:Ireland/Elano/Dunne) but the test of a genuine top player is to keep doing it year in year out even when you have to come back from bad spells, low confidence, mistakes etc (see: Vidic).

The lack of hysteria's probably a good thing then.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:57 am

I've never really thought about getting players names on my shirt but i'm seriously considering Vince as an exception to the rule
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:04 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I've never really thought about getting players names on my shirt but i'm seriously considering Vince as an exception to the rule

you'd be in good kompany

boom tish !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Imo Vinny is currently one of the best I've ever seen. If he had lightning pace, he'd probably be THE best.The question is; can he keep it up? Lots of players have a great season or half season & even look like the best thing since sliced bread (see:Ireland/Elano/Dunne) but the test of a genuine top player is to keep doing it year in year out even when you have to come back from bad spells, low confidence, mistakes etc (see: Vidic).

Ted... with all the simpathy and mainly the respect I pay for Your football views.... even the idea to associate Vincent Kompany with Steven Ireland is simply a nonsense.

xxx Cheers
Last edited by Swales4ever on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Well I think Kompany has always been "quite good" and at the moment he is being "really good"
I think he'll continue to improve but I hear what you say - we have previous for one season wonders here at City
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum