Undersoil heating

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Undersoil heating

Postby john@staustell » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:27 am

Section I - Ground Criteria

27. Each Club shall provide and maintain at its registered ground an undersoil heating system or
some other adequate system of pitch protection to the reasonable satisfaction of the Board
which shall be operated to the extent necessary to procure, so far as is reasonably possible,
that the pitch is playable on the occasion of each home League Match.

Premier League rules seem to be applied with some randomness. Whilst you could argue that Blackpool are broke and need time to comply, you could also say 'tough' and remember that Stevenage (was it?) were denied entry to the football league because their ground didn't meet the criteria.

Birmingham City finally had it installed in 2009. Middlesboro took ages after the Riverside was built.

Are there any other current clubs hiding behind this 'other adequate system' clause? Clearly Blackpool's system is not adequate and they are in breach.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Undersoil heating

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 am

i think that all football clubs should have under soil heating, but i would think that small clubs would have to get a grant off the government. BUT ALL PREM TEAMS SHOULD HAVE IT, and if teams do come up to the prem, they should be forced to get it straight away. they all want the sky money then they will have to pay for there ground to be up to standards
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Return to The Maine Football forum