the world cup bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

the world cup bid

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 pm

right we havnt got it, but on a good point, pool, leeds and other teams who wanted new grounds wont get money to bring there grounds up to scratch, they will now have to spend there own money or keep there grounds as they are.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: the world cup bid

Postby colonel_muck » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:03 pm

tremendously bitter point of view mate. those clubs need more than new grounds to dig them out of their respective holes.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Looking at the 2018 and 2022 winners, I fail to see any good coming out of this. The French have just got the Euro's which will bring their stadia back up to a level that could see them put money into other areas, including CL status.

Is there any French people at FIFA/UEFA that I can complain to?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby s1ty m » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 pm

it all stinks like a stinky piece of stinkly shit.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ronk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Ireland would have got more votes than England at that meeting and Platini fucling hates us big-time.

It was perhaps unfortunate that the English votes swung to Russia (apparently) but who knows what the thinking was there. meh

You should wear it as a badge of honour that you went out in the first round. It's common knowledge that England broke the first commandment of FIFA: thou shalt not expose the scams of FIFA hacks. Now you don't have to put of with Blatter being all over your business for the next 8 long years, you don't have to listen to him, you don't have to give good jobs to his cronies. He dirties everything he sticks his filthy fingers into.

The World Cup is an expense. Look at Qatar, they're going to be building an 18k seater in their 6th largest city: Mesaieed, a village with half the population of the stadium and that was only formed in 1949 because they built an oil terminal there and needed somewhere for workers. It has a shopping centre (with 2 ATMs, according to wikipedia!). Go to hotels.com and the there's a 5 star beach resort 5km away, for anything else you have to go to Doha.

They're hoping to have 95000 hotel rooms in the entire country for the finals (doubling current capacity), where's everyone going to stay, the main stadium will seat 86k and they expect 400k visitors. Where did the England bid go wrong? They never had a chance, no one did except for the winners. No one is going to even bother trying seriously next time around, they'll all tell Blatter to fuck off. Who'd be interested? China? Turkey, Egypt, Mexico? India? China buys 4 years. Everyone is pissed off at this: the Americans, the Brits, the Dutch, the Aussies, the Spanish
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 am

Well look at it this way, we can all stay home ,buy beer at a really cheap price and not get fucked over by the Brazilians, the Russians and last but not least the Qatarians ( Heineken must be loving that one, alcohol not allowed in Qatar, except in hotels etc... So much for Fan zones !)

As my mate used to say at southport when asking where the sea was. "sod it i'll stay on the beach".

Why bother, England won't win it even if we are the best team.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ronk » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:36 am

zuricity wrote:Well look at it this way, we can all stay home ,buy beer at a really cheap price and not get fucked over by the Brazilians, the Russians and last but not least the Qatarians ( Heineken must be loving that one, alcohol not allowed in Qatar, except in hotels etc... So much for Fan zones !)

As my mate used to say at southport when asking where the sea was. "sod it i'll stay on the beach".

Bud
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:52 am

zuricity wrote:Well look at it this way, we can all stay home ,buy beer at a really cheap price and not get fucked over by the Brazilians, the Russians and last but not least the Qatarians ( Heineken must be loving that one, alcohol not allowed in Qatar, except in hotels etc... So much for Fan zones !)

Well, perhaps if England had the best team we might be able to put your idea to the test, until then we'll just have to guess/moan.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Florida Blue » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:12 am

How much you want to bet the set up barges in the Gulf and make them into Fan Zones?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityDub » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:29 am

This pretty much sums up todays farce

Zurich, Dec 2 (Reuters) - Viacom (VIAb.N) C
England has lost its bid to host the 2018 World Cup to Russia following a vote by FIFA's executive committee members, FIFA president Sepp Blattered announced.
Blattered suggested that Englands bribe of letting the whole FiFA selection committee take Posh Spice and Kate Middleton up the arse was never going to appeal to his members but suggested that if Louis Spence and Daniel Radcliffes had of been offered then England would of at least received his vote.
Russia also beat off competition from Spain/Portugal and Netherlands/Belgium.
Sepp had to concede that Putins offer 100 billion Rubles ,letting him keep his on testicles and not having them added to Putins already extensive Platinum edition boxed collection was what eventually swung the decision in the Russians favour.

The loss will be a blow to Prime Minister David Cameroon who led England's final push to host the tournament alongside Prince Will-i-am, David Buckham and Sir Bobby Chorlton just hours before the voting began in Zurich. Unfortunatly Mr Buckham had to leave the proceedings early and return his ailing wifes bedside in in America .Victoria Buckham is suffering due to complications from her recent rectum re tightening augmentation .

In a frenzied round of last-ditch lobbying Prime Minister Cameroon had played up England's readiness to host the tournament, emphasising already-built stadia and infrastructure. But it was not enough to win over the committee,they had seen the Brum v Villa derby flare fest the night before and they wernt for turning.

England captain Wio Furdinand, posting his reaction on his Twitter account, said: "Wow Wussia will host the world cup 2018....soooo gutted. What more could we have done? What did we do wrong?" havnt felt this bad since Tevez found the smack I was hiding in my rectum" TTFN im going to watch the end of Glee with Wazza ,Nevs, and the west of the boys, Luv yis, GGMU".

Borat Johnson accompanied with a group of American football Cheerleaders who chairs London United, the group responsible for co-ordinating the capital's bid, said the result was "tremendously disappointing ,im a huge Rugby fan" I love watching lads role around in the muck chasing the ball in fact ,James Cameroon and I would often ruck on our own at Eton" at least I think that's what he called it ,but it was tremendous fun what ever it was ,quite sore on the backside but a smashing bit of fun all the same and Camo would always splash some warm lotion on my back when he was finished,thoroughly decent bloke ". Golly it would have been spiffing if we could have won the Superbowl bid ,damned Euro rotters"

Upon the result of the bids the BBC has now decide to air the second part of the Controversial Panorama documentary "FIFA's Dirty Secrets" which puts the spotlight firmly on FIFA's corruption .Tonights episode concentrates on the mysterious Desert Kingdom Qatar.
Despite only having a population of 1.5 million souls and the same number of blades of grass in the entire country,the tiny Arab nation of Qatar was awarded the 2022 World cup final ,This shock announcement was greeted with a large amount of head scratching by the football press and fans alike all wondering why the fuck would they hold a the worlds biggest football tournament in a Muslim country that rarely allows the consumption alcohol.
CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Looking at the 2018 and 2022 winners, I fail to see any good coming out of this. The French have just got the Euro's which will bring their stadia back up to a level that could see them put money into other areas, including CL status.

I think that's extremely harsh on Qatar. Selection of Russia was def wrong considering the ridiculous distances and safety issues but I really liked Qatar bid.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Looking at the 2018 and 2022 winners, I fail to see any good coming out of this. The French have just got the Euro's which will bring their stadia back up to a level that could see them put money into other areas, including CL status.

I think that's extremely harsh on Qatar. Selection of Russia was def wrong considering the ridiculous distances and safety issues but I really liked Qatar bid.

A legacy of 16 brand new huge stadia which for 100 years after will be completely empty? And hotel rooms to accomodate fans likewise. There aren't large distances involved I grant you, bit like walking across Manchester.

Anyone who thinks this is a fair voting process is insane. The two highest-risk bids won, and the Russian mafia will be licking its lips with all that building work and all those tourists, now that their 'lobbying' has paid off.

Doesn't bother me where it is to be honest, but it's annoying that good old honest England trot along, give our presentations in the bizarre belief that a good presentation and the best technical bid will win. Madness.

I have no doubt that in 2022 alcohol will be allowed in the FIFA exec lounges. It's time grown-up countries got rid of the corrupt depotism of FIFA and UEFA and set up new organisations which represent the members, not their own pockets.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:35 am

Im as disappointed as everybody that England didn't get it.

But I don't understand why you are all so surprised. We all knew well in advance of the voting process that FIFA are bent as fuck. We didn't need a Panaroma program to tell us. Or newspapers. We all knew.

So, my conclusion is that England went about it all the wrong way.

Bags of cash left in the right hotel rooms would have done the trick. Or even setting the fuckers up with a load of hookers and then blackmailing them.

Works every time (ask the Russians).
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:53 am

I am not annoyed or disappointed that we did not get the selection to host - simply because I never thought that we were anything other than being used by the corrupt twat blatter

What really fucking annoys and disappoints me though is that the media fuelled jingoistic ego that we have as a nation allowed us to be so gullible and so easily used.

How much energy, money etc has gone into this bid - all for the benefit of FIFA's corrupt hierarchy - because we made it look like there was a really a competition which probably meant that the bribes were higher.

And do you think that we will fall for it again - you betcha - blatter or his replacement will simply say a few favourable words and we will fall over ourselves

It would have been far better to simply stay out and expose the process for the corrupt farce that it is. It pisses me off that the BBC programme is getting the blame - if exposing the fuckers really means that we lost votes - well does that not itself demonstrate that everyone knows how bent it s - and look at the punishments handed out by FIFA recently - less than a tiny tap on the wrists and guaranteed to ensure the guys involved will have their snouts back in the trough long before the next 'selection process'
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum