Juventus

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Juventus

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Are we under the impression that this will be a fringe plus kids side with the busy schedule coming up? Does anyone know if the likes of Nimley can play? Or is it those only in the european squad?

I know its a long way off but

-------------------------GIven----------------------------

----Richards-------Boyata-----Lescott-------Bridge----

--SWP-----------Vieria---------Ibrahim---------Jo------

------------------Santa Cruz-----Adebayor--------------

SUBS:
Taylor, Kay, Nimley, Poole, M.Johnson, Mee, Veseli

Hart, Boateng, Kompany, Kolo, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Milner, Silva, A.Johnson, Tevez and Balotelli all to stay at home nice and warm getting ready for Everton on the Monday.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Juventus

Postby blues-clues » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:34 pm

Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely is on List "B" as are most of the "kids" and is therefore eligible to play.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 pm

blues-clues wrote:Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely is on List "B" as are most of the "kids" and is therefore eligible to play.

Good, i'd even be tempted to play some of them from the start. It's a shame but the Juventus game is now meaningless. I will enjoy the fact that i will be sat at hom, few beers, a nice chinese, watching us play Juventus in Europe and not really caring what the outcome is.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Wooders » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:37 pm

wouldn't change it from last night to be fair - we still wanna finish top
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:39 pm

I hope it's not just kids plus old gimmers, I'll be a bit bloody pissed off having got tickets to my first European City away match and end up watching a stiffs match.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby blues-clues » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Wooders wrote:wouldn't change it from last night to be fair - we still wanna finish top

Hmmmm. Mancini back in Italy, just needing a point to finish top (probably). I cant see it being a seven goal thriller to be honest.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Dronny wrote:I hope it's not just kids plus old gimmers, I'll be a bit bloody pissed off having got tickets to my first European City away match and end up watching a stiffs match.

Wooders wrote:wouldn't change it from last night to be fair - we still wanna finish top

We've got to look at the bigger picture here though, we play 20th, 26th, 28th and the 1st, thats 4 games in 11 days, fucking crazy! We don't need to send the first teamers on a long journey to Italy in the freezing snow for a game that means nothing whatever the result with 4 games in 11 days following the game.
the_georgian_genius

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we finish top then we'll avoid the 3rd placed Champions League teams? Therefore the Juve away game is not "a game that means nothing".
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:03 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if we finish top then we'll avoid the 3rd placed Champions League teams? Therefore the Juve away game is not "a game that means nothing".

Are we really that bothered about facing the likes of Rangers, Basle, Rubin Kazan, Twente, Spartak Moscow, Benfica or Tel aviv, Ajax or Auxerre though? I don't understand all this "we want to avoid" theory. If we want to win the cup then we will have to beat the better teams and there is no one better than us in the competiton.

I don't want to be falling behind the leaders over christmas because we risked or give unnecessary fatigue to Tevez, Balotelli, Kompany, De Jong ect because we didn't want to face Rangers or Twente in the next round.

It's common sense and at the end of the day, the team that i'd put out above is more than capable of getting something in Turin.
Last edited by the_georgian_genius on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Dronny wrote:I hope it's not just kids plus old gimmers, I'll be a bit bloody pissed off having got tickets to my first European City away match and end up watching a stiffs match.

We've got to look at the bigger picture here though, we play 20th, 26th, 28th and the 1st, thats 4 games in 11 days, fucking crazy! We don't need to send the first teamers on a long journey to Italy in the freezing snow for a game that means nothing whatever the result with 4 games in 11 days following the game.

I'm looking at my bigger picture here and I'd be royally fucked off if I ended up watching a downgraded version of the team from last night. I'm not expecting a 1st XI by any stretch of the imagination but a little respect would not go amiss. I'd be cool with Wooders assessment and have our usual type team out for Juve, it would still be ace to come back and say we dicked Juve in their own backyard....regardless that they'll prollee stick a shit team out.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Dronny wrote:

I'm looking at my bigger picture here and I'd be royally fucked off if I ended up watching a downgraded version of the team from last night. I'm not expecting a 1st XI by any stretch of the imagination but a little respect would not go amiss. I'd be cool with Wooders assessment and have our usual type team out for Juve, it would still be ace to come back and say we dicked Juve in their own backyard....regardless that they'll prollee stick a shit team out.

You're not looking at the bigger picture, you are looking at your personal picture. You don't want to go to Juventus and see a weak team and i can understand your point but you have to look at the bigger picture here and put the personal stuff to one side. What is the point in taking Silva, De Jong, Tevez, Hart ect away on a 8 hour round journey to sit for 90 mins on a freezing bench for a game that means nothing when they could be at home getting ready for a game that does mean something against Everton on the Monday.

I think you will be personally dissapointed as i don't think you will see any regulars in the squad at all.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Wooders » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 pm

silva de jong and tevez weren't playing last night!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:12 pm

I reckon it will be the EDS for this one ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Wooders wrote:silva de jong and tevez weren't playing last night!

They were on the bench, well two of them were. They were involved, why bother taking them on an 8 hour round trip to sit on a freezing bench when they can be at home preparing for the Everton game? It is crazy to be happy with that. We've got 4 games in 11 days after Juventus in the most busy and important period of the season.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:14 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I reckon it will be the EDS for this one ;-)

I hope it will be! Those who are going will still have a great time anyway!
the_georgian_genius

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Dronny wrote:

You're not looking at the bigger picture, you are looking at your personal picture. You don't want to go to Juventus and see a weak team and i can understand your point but you have to look at the bigger picture here and put the personal stuff to one side. What is the point in taking Silva, De Jong, Tevez, Hart ect away on a 8 hour round journey to sit for 90 mins on a freezing bench for a game that means nothing when they could be at home getting ready for a game that does mean something against Everton on the Monday.

I think you will be personally dissapointed as i don't think you will see any regulars in the squad at all.

Yeah, you're probably right, why should I want a little return on my investment. Perhaps I should follow your lead.....
I will enjoy the fact that i will be sat at hom, few beers, a nice chinese, watching us play Juventus in Europe and not really caring what the outcome is.

After all who gives a flying fuck if City win or lose?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Are we under the impression that this will be a fringe plus kids side with the busy schedule coming up? Does anyone know if the likes of Nimley can play? Or is it those only in the european squad?

I know its a long way off but

-------------------------GIven----------------------------

----Richards-------Boyata-----Lescott-------Bridge----

--SWP-----------Vieria---------Ibrahim---------Jo------

------------------Santa Cruz-----Adebayor--------------

SUBS:
Taylor, Kay, Nimley, Poole, M.Johnson, Mee, Veseli

Hart, Boateng, Kompany, Kolo, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Milner, Silva, A.Johnson, Tevez and Balotelli all to stay at home nice and warm getting ready for Everton on the Monday.

Well Santa Cruz famously is not in our WAFFA squad, so he wont be playing.

Otherwise I expect it to be something similar to last night.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Dronny wrote:
Dronny wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right, why should I want a little return on my investment. Perhaps I should follow your lead.....
I will enjoy the fact that i will be sat at hom, few beers, a nice chinese, watching us play Juventus in Europe and not really caring what the outcome is.

After all who gives a flying fuck if City win or lose?

FFS you cannot debate on here anymore, it's just one big ego clique.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Nah, not at all mate..... I appreciate you providing the voice of reason and I fully understand that we're not going to see a stellar team vs Juve. But, while I appreciate that I'm probably going to see a turd of a match I don't need a patronising polish of it thanks.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Dronny wrote:

Nah, not at all mate..... I appreciate you providing the voice of reason and I fully understand that we're not going to see a stellar team vs Juve. But, while I appreciate that I'm probably going to see a turd of a match I don't need a patronising polish of it thanks.

Wasn't any patronising going on at all, just trying to have a good old city debate on football matters about team selection around a busy period.
the_georgian_genius

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum