Juventus

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Juventus

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:33 pm

People might be underestimating the value to us of topping the group. There is a high chance of Poznan getting another 3pts and some goals at Salzburg. If we want to make sure of topping the group we will have to take the Juve game with some seriousness.
Although i think Mancini is very pragmatic and dispassionate about decisions he is also going back to home soil, it would be difficult for that not to influence him in some way. My gut feeling at this point is he will be going to try and engineer a win... in Turin!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

brite blu sky wrote:People might be underestimating the value to us of topping the group. There is a high chance of Poznan getting another 3pts and some goals at Salzburg. If we want to make sure of topping the group we will have to take the Juve game with some seriousness.
Although i think Mancini is very pragmatic and dispassionate about decisions he is also going back to home soil, it would be difficult for that not to influence him in some way. My gut feeling at this point is he will be going to try and engineer a win... in Turin!

He's not talking as if he's that arsed; more glad that he can rest players for Everton. I would have thought Juve will be resting players too though, so it should be our B team v their's.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:People might be underestimating the value to us of topping the group. There is a high chance of Poznan getting another 3pts and some goals at Salzburg. If we want to make sure of topping the group we will have to take the Juve game with some seriousness.

He's not talking as if he's that arsed; more glad that he can rest players for Everton. I would have thought Juve will be resting players too though, so it should be our B team v their's.

I didnt realise it was Everton after Juve ! That makes a difference for sure. However i wasn't suggesting he will go to Turin with the prem side, simply suggesting we could field yesterdays team including Balotelli and be confident of a result.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I didnt realise it was Everton after Juve ! That makes a difference for sure. However i wasn't suggesting he will go to Turin with the prem side, simply suggesting we could field yesterdays team including Balotelli and be confident of a result.

It worries me that if we play Balo there, some grizzled old Mafia thug type character from Juve's reserve team may kick his knees off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if we finish top then we'll avoid the 3rd placed Champions League teams? Therefore the Juve away game is not "a game that means nothing".

Are we really that bothered about facing the likes of Rangers, Basle, Rubin Kazan, Twente, Spartak Moscow, Benfica or Tel aviv, Ajax or Auxerre though? I don't understand all this "we want to avoid" theory. If we want to win the cup then we will have to beat the better teams and there is no one better than us in the competiton.

I don't want to be falling behind the leaders over christmas because we risked or give unnecessary fatigue to Tevez, Balotelli, Kompany, De Jong ect because we didn't want to face Rangers or Twente in the next round.

It's common sense and at the end of the day, the team that i'd put out above is more than capable of getting something in Turin.

I think we can allow ourselves the "Billy Big Boots" attitude when we finally win something. Till then I'll take the easiest route to a final that we can get
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:23 pm

They should reward the team that played well last night with a trip to Juve. (Maybe rest Kolo though)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:11 am

As it's a nothing game for them too I wouldn't expect a strong lineup. Put out the B team for sure.

Nothing match against Juve or crunch match against Everton? Simple decision.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Just to clear up the fog surrounding games / week thing, here are the dates plus recovery time including the match day.

04 Dec Bolton Wanderers
7 days
11 Dec West Ham United
5 days
16 Dec Juventus
4 days
20 Dec Everton
6 days
26 Dec Newcastle United
2 days
28 Dec Aston Villa
4 days
01 Jan Blackpool
4 days
05 Jan Arsenal
4 days
9 Jan Leicester FA cup
6 days
15 Jan Wolves

From that it is clear that Juve game comes before the real busy busy period. And the real crunch is going to be Newcastle, Villa, Blackpool, Arsenal and possibly Leicester if it is on the 8th, which i doubt. *edited dates*

As Everton is a biggie and will be a tough tiring game it is sure that probably all the first teamers will not feature at Juve, but that still leaves the team that played Salzburg to go to Turin, minus Kolo say. I would argue that would be sound practice to let that same side get some more time together and they could then face Blackpool at home, i would have thought with confidence.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Go,get pissed,eat pasta,get a lap dance,have a good time,pretty standard really.

Bonus you dont have to worry,loud and proud.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm

As Tevez will now miss the Wet Spam game, he could be taken to Turin for a bit of a run out ahead of Everton.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:57 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Just to clear up the fog surrounding games / week thing, here are the dates plus recovery time including the match day.

04 Dec Bolton Wanderers
7 days
11 Dec West Ham United
5 days
16 Dec Juventus
4 days
20 Dec Everton
6 days
26 Dec Newcastle United
2 days
28 Dec Aston Villa
4 days
01 Jan Blackpool
4 days
05 Jan Arsenal
4 days
9 Jan Leicester FA cup
6 days
15 Jan Wolves

From that it is clear that Juve game comes before the real busy busy period. And the real crunch is going to be Newcastle, Villa, Blackpool, Arsenal and possibly Leicester if it is on the 8th, which i doubt. *edited dates*

As Everton is a biggie and will be a tough tiring game it is sure that probably all the first teamers will not feature at Juve, but that still leaves the team that played Salzburg to go to Turin, minus Kolo say. I would argue that would be sound practice to let that same side get some more time together and they could then face Blackpool at home, i would have thought with confidence.

The recovery days are wrong mate, take a day off the days and you have the correct recovery days.

04 Dec Bolton Wanderers
6 days
11 Dec West Ham United
4 days
16 Dec Juventus
3 days
20 Dec Everton
5 days
26 Dec Newcastle United
1 day
28 Dec Aston Villa
3 days
01 Jan Blackpool
3 days
05 Jan Arsenal
3 days
9 Jan Leicester FA cup
5 days
15 Jan Wolves
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:00 pm

They are live tonight on espn v catania, might have a look and see how they get on
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:35 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:Are we under the impression that this will be a fringe plus kids side with the busy schedule coming up? Does anyone know if the likes of Nimley can play? Or is it those only in the european squad?

I know its a long way off but

-------------------------GIven----------------------------

----Richards-------Boyata-----Lescott-------Bridge----

--SWP-----------Vieria---------Ibrahim---------Jo------

------------------Santa Cruz-----Adebayor--------------

SUBS:
Taylor, Kay, Nimley, Poole, M.Johnson, Mee, Veseli

Hart, Boateng, Kompany, Kolo, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Barry, De Jong, Yaya, Milner, Silva, A.Johnson, Tevez and Balotelli all to stay at home nice and warm getting ready for Everton on the Monday.

It seems Bobby Manc shares the same opinion, or maybe i am Bobby Manc............

balotelli wont go to juve. jo up front with nimely on the bench. adebayor fitness unsure. bench full of kids. #mcfc
the_georgian_genius

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:38 am

what the hell is that?! Seems an amatuer/ unprofessional twitter/facebook to be from the club !!!

We need ade getting games!!!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby the_georgian_genius » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 am

Nick wrote:what the hell is that?! Seems an amatuer/ unprofessional twitter/facebook to be from the club !!!

We need ade getting games!!!

from Ian Ladyman of the Daily Mail.
the_georgian_genius

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum