Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:17 am

Adebayor out to 'force' Spurs move
Emmanuel Adebayor is ready to go to war with Manchester City to force a loan move to Tottenham in January.
Former Gunners striker Adebayor is desperate to go to Spurs, even though he knows it would make him even more of a hate figure among Arsenal fans than he already is.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, who already caused a furore by signing former Arsenal captain William Gallas, is keen on Adebayor and even wants City to pay half of his £120,000-a-week wages so he fits into the wage structure.
Adebayor, 26, has had a succession of bust-ups with City boss Roberto Mancini and they are now ready to let him go out on loan in January.
City have drawn up a hit-list of players they are ready to do business on in January and Adebayor is at the top along with the likes of Roque Santa Cruz and Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Big-spending City have been reluctant to sell to any of their top four rivals and refused to let Craig Bellamy go to Tottenham last summer.
Liverpool have been sounded out as City would far rather Adebayor goes to Anfield but it is believed they are so keen to offload him they are seriously considering doing a deal with Tottenham.
There has also been interest from Juventus but Adebayor is keen to stay in England even if it means becoming public enemy number one at Arsenal.
Adebayor has had a string of rows with Mancini and now the City boss regards him as a troublesome figure. Adebayor will use that as a weapon if he needs to force his way out in January because he is desperate to get more regular games.
But Adebayor must still overcome the huge obstacle of persuading City not only to let him go to Tottenham but to also to get them to pay half his wages to help a rival club potentially finish above them.
Redknapp believes Adebayor could help Tottenham make a push for the title and, having won over the fans on Gallas, believes the ex-Arsenal striker would be accepted at White Hart Lane.

Aston Villa are keen on England winger Wright-Phillips who may be allowed to go in January after talks over a new contract stalled.
Paraguay striker Santa Cruz, 29, is desperate to quit and AC Milan have expressed an interest but City would have to take a huge loss on the £18m paid for him in June 2009.
Milan believe they may be able to get him for around £7m while there has also been interest from Lazio, Blackburn and Espanyol.
Shay Given is also unsettled at City but they do not want to let him leave, even though Fulham and Manchester United are watching developments.
There is also interest in Pablo Zabaleta from AC Milan, while Jo and Michael Johnson may also be allowed to go.

Manchester City step up bid to sign £12m-rated Sporting Lisbon centre back Daniel Carrico
Manchester City are stepping up their interest in Sporting Lisbon centre half Daniel Carrico, 22, whom they have watched extensively in the last year.
Initial discussions have been held over a £12million move. City are also keen on Benfica’s David Luiz, 23, but think he is over-priced at £25m and are wary of an auction with Chelsea.

Mancini urges duo to kick on
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes Mario Balotelli and Adam Johnson both have bright futures at the club - as long as they are prepared to put in a shift.
Balotelli, a £24 million summer signing from Inter Milan, scored twice in the 3-0 victory against Salzburg in the Europa League, while Johnson was also on target as City secured a place in the round of the last 32 with a game to spare.
On Balotelli and Johnson, Mancini said: "They could become among the best players in the world, strong players. They need to work hard all the time. They both scored fine goals but they must carry on."
Balotelli made the breakthrough with a stunning volley following a cross from Pablo Zabaleta.
He then extended City's lead by sweeping the ball home from close range after being set up by Patrick Vieira - one of eight changes in the side - with Johnson also having a hand in the move.
Balotelli, who did not celebrate either goal, was given a standing ovation when he came off in the latter stages of the match and was replaced by Emmanuel Adebayor.
Mancini explained: "That is just him. It is normal for him as he does it every day in training. He came off with a little knock.
"I think he can improve on that performance. He could run more and take more of his chances. He might have got two or three more goals."
Johnson rounded off the victory with a fine individual effort after leaving three dispirited Salzburg players in his wake.
He said: "I like coming inside on my right foot to try and get shots off, and luckily I got another goal. It was tough, in Europe it's slower than the Premier League and that showed but we got the result we wanted."

'Fifth-choice' Bridge ready to fight for his City spot
Wayne Bridge feels he has slipped to fifth-choice left-back at Manchester City but remains determined to fight for as long as he can for a place at a club where he now values the close bond he has formed with some of his team-mates.
Manager Roberto Mancini's decision to include 21-year-old Ben Mee in the squad for last Saturday's game at Stoke City has made Bridge, who has started only one Premier League game this season, an even more marginal figure, with the £19m summer signing Aleksandar Kolarov now Mancini's first choice left-back and Pablo Zabaleta, Joleon Lescott and Jerome Boateng all filling the role this season.
But Bridge, who was one of Mark Hughes' first signings at City almost two years ago, is familiar with the struggle for first-team football from his contest with Ashley Cole at Chelsea. He started the season knowing he had a fight on his hands and having wanted to leave Stamford Bridge to escape one comfort zone is understood to feel still ready to battle for a place with Kolarov if he can only be given a fair chance.
Mancini expressed frustration with Bridge's fitness record this week, though the 30-year-old feels he needs time to recover from the hamstring trouble that has affected him, while the City manager did acknowledge that Bridge's problem is purely physical rather than reflective of any recalcitrance.
City appear to be ready to listen to offers next month but Bridge is waiting for them to indicate where they see him fitting into their plans and believes that he has time to raise his performance levels and rescue the situation.

WAG OF THE DAY

OTHER BOLLOX
X Factor's Simon Cowell, model Kelly Brook and TV presenter Stephen Fry are some of the celebrities backing England's bid to host the 2018 World Cup. Fry says: "No other country in the world can match our infatuation for the game and this is the reason I believe England would be an ideal host." Daily Telegraph

A proud Sir Bobby Charlton is excited about England winning the bid. The 1966 England World Cup winner says: "I believe it was right to make the bid and reach out for something that would bring pleasure to so many people in this country, even while acknowledging that we might fail, as we did in 2006. I still think we have a good chance of having our faith in ourselves rewarded in the next few hours." The Independent

David Beckham, England's bid ambassador, delivered a last-minute plea on why England should be hosts. The England midfielder says: "We live and breathe football in England and want to invite the rest of the world to join us for the most colourful and unique festival of football imaginable." Daily Mirror

Beckham believes it is England's time: "Not to get it would be unbelievably disappointing because everything is set up for it, everything is ready to go."Daily Star

Beckham says if England hosts the World Cup in eight years they should be able to win the trophy. The LA Galaxy star says: "We will need a good performance from our players. We have young players who are coming through and will be ready." Full story: The Sun

Another Manchester United legend Denis Law is not so bothered about England becoming hosts. The Scot says: "I was on holiday when Euro 96 was played in England and my holidays for 2018 have been booked. I'm not interested in whether get the World Cup finals." (Daily Record)

Lord Coe believes the England bid team need to be on top of their game for Thursday's final pitch to Fifa in Zurich. Coe says: "You have to keep your foot hard to the pedal until there is nowhere else to go. Then we need five Oscar performances in the presentation." Daily Express

Dutch legend Ruud Gullit says bikes and being small is why Holland and Belgium would be great World Cup hosts. Gullit says: "The compactness of our countries is a great asset. Due to the short distance the next game is never far away and we will offer the fans a network of free public transport and two million free bikes." Daily Mail

With the USA looking to host the 2022 World Cup, actor Morgan Freeman joined former president Bill Clinton but fluffed his lines when delivering a key speech to Fifa delegates on behalf of the American bid. Daily Telegraph

Tottenham and Fenerbahce are preparing for a transfer tussle to land Bordeaux's £7m-rated defender Michael Ciani. talkSPORT

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor is set to sign a new contract with the club, dashing Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp's hopes of signing him. Daily Mirror

Premier League champions Chelsea are weighing up a £3.5m move for Lokomotiv Moscow goalkeeper Guilherme, who could provide cover for Petr Cech. Daily Mail

West Ham striker Carlton Cole will command a £10m price tag when he goes up for sale in the January transfer window. Soccernet ESPN

Chelsea have sounded out Bolton to register an interest in their star defender Gary Cahill, who is also a target for Liverpool. Daily Mirror

Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola is in Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's sights after the Catalans' five-goal demolition of Real Madrid. Daily Mail

Chelsea should see John Terry return from injury for the weekend visit of Everton to Stamford Bridge, though Frank Lampard is targeting the game against Manchester United in two weeks' time for his comeback.
The Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby gilford » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:34 am

So Manu wants us to contribute to a loan deal to one of our main competitors in the league, jog on grass hopper!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 am

Dutch legend Ruud Gullit says bikes and being small is why Holland and Belgium would be great World Cup hosts. Gullit says: "The compactness of our countries is a great asset. Due to the short distance the next game is never far away and we will offer the fans a network of free public transport and two million free bikes." Daily Mail

"O......kayyyy..... we'll.. er.. be in touch then Ruud.... yeah.. erm.....no don't worry I've got your number...yeah...is that the time?"
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:51 am

gilford wrote:So Manu wants us to contribute to a loan deal to one of our main competitors in the league, jog on grass hopper!

Looked quite happy to me. Laughing like a loon again last night.

Pretty sure he's had one injury after another these last few weeks, hence all the fuss in the media who think he's been 'frozen out'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am

john@staustell wrote:
gilford wrote:So Manu wants us to contribute to a loan deal to one of our main competitors in the league, jog on grass hopper!

Looked quite happy to me. Laughing like a loon again last night.

Drugs.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby JonnyAsh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Can anyone tell me why anyone in their right mind would let Manu go to Spurs, and pay his wages for the privilage of him trying to finish above us. The world has gone mad!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Return to The Maine Football forum