For NON English fans- World Cup bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: For NON English fans- World Cup bid

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Here you go Carl.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2000 ... 000.sport3

2000 people according to this report. More than a tussle.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8a5zn ... -cen_sport
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
And as for your comment on English Hooligans..do me a favor.....the last big football show we had here was hooligan free so dont talk shite.........

There was a riot in Trafalgar square after England were knocked out of Euro 96. I seem to remember several Germans injured and someone stabbing a Russian mistaken for a German.

A tussle is now called a riot is it ?..............I stand corrected on a minor incident that did not get any front page news that I can recall.

No the front page had the football on it.

So it wasn't headline news then was it......

I remember it being in the paper but it was down played by the English media. Regardless you said there were no riots in Euro 96 and those reports clearly show there was.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Downplayed because it wasn't anything different to what happens in any other first world country.

Listen ..the point I'm making is we cannot compare the fucking nutters that exist in Russia regarding hooligans compared to the UK scene (Trust me..I lived there)..there is no comparison whatsoever.

I'm not even going to get into the entry visa and airport scene...........FUCKING NIGHTMARE will suffice.

Your Scottish arnt you Ross?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Downplayed because it wasn't anything different to what happens in any other first world country.

Listen ..the point I'm making is we cannot compare the fucking nutters that exist in Russia regarding hooligans compared to the UK scene (Trust me..I lived there)..there is no comparison whatsoever.

I'm not even going to get into the entry visa and airport scene...........FUCKING NIGHTMARE will suffice.

I don't recall any riots when South Korea or Germany were knocked out of 2006 but I stand to be corrected. It was downplayed because a) the country was quite rightly in mourning after going out of its own competition. b) it needed to be down played. England as the article above states were on the verge of being kicked out of international football. You almost lost Euro 96 after the riot in Ireland.

They are abandoning the visa requirements for the world cup. So you dont have to worry about that.

Have Russian football teams been expelled from European tournament because of the deaths of rival fans?

Whats my nationality got to do with it. I have stated twice on this thread I wanted England to win this bid.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:28 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Downplayed because it wasn't anything different to what happens in any other first world country.

I don't recall any riots when South Korea or Germany were knocked out of 2006 but I stand to be corrected. It was downplayed because a) the country was quite rightly in mourning after going out of its own competition. b) it needed to be down played. England as the article above states were on the verge of being kicked out of international football. You almost lost Euro 96 after the riot in Ireland.

They are abandoning the visa requirements for the world cup. So you dont have to worry about that. -

Have Russian football teams been expelled from European tournament because of the deaths of rival fans?

Whats my nationality got to do with it. I have stated twice on this thread I wanted England to win this bid.

You obviously have very little knowledge on what its like to live or visit Russia .....read the following....nothing has changed and there is plenty of football related violence.......actually every fuckign week.

Just a quick one..I thought Id post this as its common knowledge for people that have actually LIVED there.

"Skinheads are a real problem in Russia. There is a total of about 50,000 skinheads in Russia (and that's a rough estimate), and the number is growing at a fast pace.
Basically whoever has dark hair, or a long nose, or dark skin, or narrow eyes, will be a target for skinheads. It is a growing problem, and is definitely not inflated by the media. In fact, things are much worse in reality than is portrayed in the media, if you look at how many people have suffered and died.
Being South American, you might not be in that much danger (depends on certain features of your face), but still, be very careful and don't walk out in empty streets, especially when it gets dark."

http://iwpr.net/report-news/russian-foo ... get-asians

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4737468.stm
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

They are abandoning the visa requirements for the world cup. So you dont have to worry about that. -

You obviously have very little knowledge on what its like to live or visit Russia .....read the following....nothing has changed and there is plenty of football related violence.......actually every fuckign week.

Just a quick one..I thought Id post this as its common knowledge for people that have actually LIVED there.

"Skinheads are a real problem in Russia. There is a total of about 50,000 skinheads in Russia (and that's a rough estimate), and the number is growing at a fast pace.
Basically whoever has dark hair, or a long nose, or dark skin, or narrow eyes, will be a target for skinheads. It is a growing problem, and is definitely not inflated by the media. In fact, things are much worse in reality than is portrayed in the media, if you look at how many people have suffered and died.
Being South American, you might not be in that much danger (depends on certain features of your face), but still, be very careful and don't walk out in empty streets, especially when it gets dark."

Where did I say that Russians dont have hooligans?
ross.mcfc

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Dont like England eh Ross?

Come on lad even you can see what a shocking decision Russia will be,Russians know its so bent they keep all their fucking cash in safes under the bed and pay some pissed dickhead a few notes to take them home every 20 minutes to get more.
Earlier i was watching the news and when it was annouced they had bribed their way to wininng two people celebrated in a bar and one guy with a flag was stood in red square.They dont give a fuck,the only ones who care are Abramovich and the gangsters who will rake it in.
The only reason England didnt win is because we didnt beg and brown nose enough cunts at Fifa oh and sling enough cash their way.

ITS TRUE.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

You said you could understand why they gave it to them.........so after reading the above reality.......you can still understand can you??
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

You said you could understand why they gave it to them.........so after reading the above reality.......you can still understand can you??

Yes I do. They were favorites all along so I don't get why people are so surprised. F1 has already gone Russian. Football was always going to follow.

I do believe all I was trying to point out was you were incorrect to claim that Euro 96 had no violence. So if we could get back to topic that would be great.
ross.mcfc

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Dont like England eh Ross?

So much so I stated I wanted them to win, lived there for a few years, moving back next year, support man city and my dad is English.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 am

Theres violence and theres violence...........pub violence doesn't constitute a fucking claim from you that there were riots during the tournament......
you were making a mountain out of a mole hill......as usual.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:20 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Theres violence and theres violence...........pub violence doesn't constitute a fucking claim from you that there were riots during the tournament......

2000 people is a big pub. Maybe a Witherspoons? It was a riot. You saw the footage. There are several sources that back this up.

I say something and back it up with evidence. You write FACT next to it.
Last edited by ross.mcfc on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Theres violence and theres violence...........pub violence doesn't constitute a fucking claim from you that there were riots during the tournament......

2000 people is a big pub. Maybe a Witherspoons? It was a riot. You saw the footage. There are several sources that back this up.

I say something and back it up with evidence. You right FACT next to it.

LOL- my fucking club had 2000 capacity in it in it and we had scuffles all the time...
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:26 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Dont like England eh Ross?

So much so I stated I wanted them to win, lived there for a few years, moving back next year, support man city and my dad is English.

Yeah but why don't you like England? Ross doesn't like England. FACT.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:04 am

Just wonder how strong shall remain the hold of Joe foockin Blanter if the Whole European Countries will organize a counter-World Cup in England, inviting US and Aussie FAs and obviously telling Murdock's NewsCorp: either Our Event or His!

What really drive me mental is that this bastard had turned the idea of democracy - one head, one vote - for the sake of his personal power only. Now I feel myself as a genuine democrat, but fuck me if I am preparred to accept that Burkina-Faso may have the same weight of England (the inventor of the game) or Italy or Germany (seven titles holders) for deciding a WC organization!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:31 am

I am not English and imho England should have gotten it absolutely no question about that in my opinion.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:41 am

I would have liked to have had a World Cup on so close to home, but looking at the coverage today and Andy Anson whinging that the voting process should be changed because those voting have too much power.

Had England's bid been successful, he wouldn't have opened his gob about the "process". Which does echo one or two things mentioned in this thread...
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:I would have liked to have had a World Cup on so close to home, but looking at the coverage today and Andy Anson whinging that the voting process should be changed because those voting have too much power.

Had England's bid been successful, he wouldn't have opened his gob about the "process". Which does echo one or two things mentioned in this thread...

So you agree that a voting process that sees the nation with the best infrastructure, best commercial bid, best technical bid and the bid with the lowest risk rating get just two votes?

I'm not particulrly fussed that we didn't get it but what Anson said was bang on the money.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

CityGer wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I would have liked to have had a World Cup on so close to home, but looking at the coverage today and Andy Anson whinging that the voting process should be changed because those voting have too much power.

So you agree that a voting process that sees the nation with the best infrastructure, best commercial bid, best technical bid and the bid with the lowest risk rating get just two votes?

I'm not particulrly fussed that we didn't get it but what Anson said was bang on the money.

Not sure mate.

What I am sure about is that he wouldn't have said a fucking word about it if the decision had gone his way.
Original Dub

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Gotta agree with this.

I found amusing that everyone is now claiming FIFA is corrupt and demand the media hunt them down. The BBC tried to point this out the night before the bid but then that made them unpatriotic.
ross.mcfc

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum