For NON English fans- World Cup bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: For NON English fans- World Cup bid

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:Can someone tell me how many cycles a region must wait before submitting a WC bid? Will England and the rest of Europe be able to bid on the 2026 WC? I've heard conflicting stories about having to wait one or two cycles.

Cheers.

Dunno Mate, and tbh i dont give a shit. What I'd like, in this fucking world where everything is on sale is that the European FAs would allied and made all the money FIFA gets from european football weighing more.
England knocked out at first round, with the best facilities, the greatest tradition, the best social programs developed through football and Price William as delegate, it's a disgrace for all sportsmen europewide!

i understand 1/10th of what the fuck you write on here. For realz. Even when i think i'm close with a sentence or two you crank out another beauty that throws me for a loop.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:
BmoreBlue wrote:Can someone tell me how many cycles a region must wait before submitting a WC bid? Will England and the rest of Europe be able to bid on the 2026 WC? I've heard conflicting stories about having to wait one or two cycles.

Cheers.

Dunno Mate, and tbh i dont give a shit. What I'd like, in this fucking world where everything is on sale is that the European FAs would allied and made all the money FIFA gets from european football weighing more.
England knocked out at first round, with the best facilities, the greatest tradition, the best social programs developed through football and Price William as delegate, it's a disgrace for all sportsmen europewide!

i understand 1/10th of what the fuck you write on here. For realz. Even when i think i'm close with a sentence or two you crank out another beauty that throws me for a loop.

cheers

I feel for You.
cheers.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby petrov » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Cheers.

cheers

i'll translate.

England should of won because they have the best tradition, facilites and they sent Prince William. Also in the top paragragh, the European FA's should of put pressure on Fifa to vote for England.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby marvin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 pm

I'd have liked to have seen the World Cup on my doorstep, but not at the price of St George's flags all over the show
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:34 pm

marvin wrote:I'd have liked to have seen the World Cup on my doorstep, but not at the price of St George's flags all over the show

Yep..God forbid we see too much passion and pride displayed eh!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 pm

petrov wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Cheers.

cheers

i'll translate.

England should of won because they have the best tradition, facilites and they sent Prince William. Also in the top paragragh, the European FA's should of put pressure on Fifa to vote for England.

I will partially re-translate;
England should HAVE won
European FA's should HAVE put pressure on FIFA

bottoms up
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
marvin wrote:I'd have liked to have seen the World Cup on my doorstep, but not at the price of St George's flags all over the show

Yep..God forbid we see too much passion and pride displayed eh!!!

That would be disgraceful, we are just English after all, how dare we be patriotic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby saulman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:21 pm

You get that anyway. Regardless of where the tournament is held.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Why are English posters posting in this thread?
Sod off alright?
This is our own thread. Go whinge about FIFA corruption in your own threads.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby smurfsdabomb » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:24 pm

As a neutral, I think there are many reasons not to pick England.

1) Arrogance. Englands always come across as a country entirely self-interested in matters like this, after this decision the majority of countries would be disappointed, humble and wish the victor well as the other losing nations have done today. The English people however are currently on a tirade blaming FIFA corruption, blaming their media for their negative coverage, blaming person X and Y for not supporting it. There's always somebody who has to be blamed and its the same anytime England don't succeed in a tournament, blame blame blame. Because if England aren't #1 at something, there is clearly something seriously wrong and somebody must be at fault. That's arrogance personified, and isn't the kind of national attitude you want hosting a world cup, if England were knocked out in the group stage would the country still have the interest and passion in the competition? I doubt it.

2) Legacy. The stadia and infrastructure for the most part exists, a world cup being held there would bring far less long term benefit to the area than it would elsewhere.

3) Market. The country is already football crazy, FIFA aren't going to attract new people to the sport in England.

4) Hooliganism. The country has a long history of football hooliganism and could pose an image problem for FIFA if it appeared during a world cup. I mean could you imagine what happened with the referee in the germany game for not allowing Lampards goal, how would that referee be treated if he did that on English soil?

5) Location. 10 world cups have been hosted in western europe already, It's a "world" cup and western europe has had its moment as recently as Germany 2006.

Yes England has a good infrastructure but this "we had the strongest bid" business is nonsense. England was a safe, secure, low risk and low reward option for FIFA and they've gone for the riskier, more adventurous and frankly more exciting bid. Good for them.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:As a neutral, I think there are many reasons not to pick England.

1) Arrogance. Englands always come across as a country entirely self-interested in matters like this, after this decision the majority of countries would be disappointed, humble and wish the victor well as the other losing nations have done today. The English people however are currently on a tirade blaming FIFA corruption, blaming their media for their negative coverage, blaming person X and Y for not supporting it. There's always somebody who has to be blamed and its the same anytime England don't succeed in a tournament, blame blame blame. Because if England aren't #1 at something, there is clearly something seriously wrong and somebody must be at fault. That's arrogance personified, and isn't the kind of national attitude you want hosting a world cup, if England were knocked out in the group stage would the country still have the interest and passion in the competition? I doubt it.

2) Legacy. The stadia and infrastructure for the most part exists, a world cup being held there would bring far less long term benefit to the area than it would elsewhere.

3) Market. The country is already football crazy, FIFA aren't going to attract new people to the sport in England.

4) Hooliganism. The country has a long history of football hooliganism and could pose an image problem for FIFA if it appeared during a world cup. I mean could you imagine what happened with the referee in the germany game for not allowing Lampards goal, how would that referee be treated if he did that on English soil?

5) Location. 10 world cups have been hosted in western europe already, It's a "world" cup and western europe has had its moment as recently as Germany 2006.

Yes England has a good infrastructure but this "we had the strongest bid" business is nonsense. England was a safe, secure, low risk and low reward option for FIFA and they've gone for the riskier, more adventurous and frankly more exciting bid. Good for them.

Yep - Russia will be an adventure...shit roads.....no hotels (and the ones that are available are Household names like Hyatt with a 500 dollar a night the norm )..pollution that seriously will affect your health ( have you ever been to Russia in the summer?????)....3rd City is Yekaterinburg..fuck me sideways..even if they spent a trillion dollars on this shit hole of an excuse for a city it would still be in need of infrastructure and people with 2 arms and 2 legs.....

And as for your comment on English Hooligans..do me a favor.....the last big football show we had here was hooligan free so dont talk shite.........wait and see how those Russian hooligans compare when we have the WC in their back yard.

SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING decision..............I would have preferred Spain or Portugal.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:As a neutral, I think there are many reasons not to pick England.

I wonder, are you a real neutral? Your first statement (serial 1) just lays into the English, which shows true intent, whilst the rest of the narrative goes to appease the stated truth, in order to sound unbiased.

Wolf in sheeps' clothing perhaps?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:12 pm

I take it you'll be going to travel around Russia then? You & about 20 other people because no other cunt will be able to afford it & if they go drinking in the wrong area, a load of skinheads will beat the shit out of them. Hooliganism in this country!!?? Compared to fucking Russia!!?? What planet have you been living on?

Who will use all these stadia they'll be building in Russia seeing as they can't fill the ones they've got now? Infastructure in Russia? Money for corrupt politicians & gangsters.

By your initial comments you seem to be suggesting that FIFA are not a corrupt organisation. That means you're an idiot.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:18 pm

See Montreal Olympics if you want to see how this "legacy" shit can go horribly wrong.

Never heard of a more viable candidate to follow their example than Russia right here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 pm

FIFA is seriously on the take...today's verdicts basically screamed "We are on the take" under cover of "international development and commerce for the good of the game."

complete horseshit. I [strike]wang[/strike] want Guy Richie to make the movie of FIFA....these fuckers would make the crew in his flicks seems like a pack of pussies.

cheers

EDIT: i do not *wang* Guy Richie, but maybe i do have a man crush on him. Just sayin.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
And as for your comment on English Hooligans..do me a favor.....the last big football show we had here was hooligan free so dont talk shite.........

There was a riot in Trafalgar square after England were knocked out of Euro 96. I seem to remember several Germans injured and someone stabbing a Russian mistaken for a German.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 pm

As stated earlier in this thread. I wanted them to win the bid but these are all very valid reasons why they didnt get it. They had a good bid but I can understand why Russia was picked. Move on folks.

England have now waster 350 Million on a world cup bid (lets not forget 2006 as well) We can now look forward to the goverment cutting school sport funding to rake back some of that money so we are to obese to send a team to 2022.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:39 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
And as for your comment on English Hooligans..do me a favor.....the last big football show we had here was hooligan free so dont talk shite.........

There was a riot in Trafalgar square after England were knocked out of Euro 96. I seem to remember several Germans injured and someone stabbing a Russian mistaken for a German.

A tussle is now called a riot is it ?..............I stand corrected on a minor incident that did not get any front page news that I can recall.

From EXPERIENCE having lived in Russia...the hooligans there make any past UK hooligans look like school kids....
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

A tussle is now called a riot is it ?..............I stand corrected on a minor incident that did not get any front page news that I can recall.

No the front page had the football on it.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

No the front page had the football on it.

So it wasn't headline news then was it......
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum