For NON English fans- World Cup bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: For NON English fans- World Cup bid

Postby Fish111 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 am

I'm English and would love to win this bid for obvious and selfish reasons but i don't buy into this 'bring it home' bollocks. We have no devine right to win the bid and i also despise what FIFA stand for and how they operate. I hate all the grovelling to the pricks but we have come this far so we might as well see it through all the way now and go for it 100%. The chance to watch World Cup games in our stadium would be fantastic but if we weren't to win it then i'd want the Spain/Portugal bid to win as going over there to watch a few games in the summer of 2018 would be fantastic as well. Russia is just a total shithole and if they win the bid then it will be one of the dullest World Cups on record, even surpassing the dross that was served up in South Africa.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 am

What time is the announcement today?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:11 am

Of course I would like England to win it as my favourite team in the world is English ! Would love to see WC matches at COMS.
So Engalnd for 2018 and Australia for 2022.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:What time is the announcement today?

I read something that said it would be between 3pm and 7pm.

Edit:Just read it's 3pm.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:21 am

I obviously would like Holland/Belgium to win, but that ain't gonna happen. England is my second choice. It's a proper football country with great and knowledgeable fans and loads of tradition. It's easy to travel to, time difference isn't an issue when watching it on the telly.

However, I do have one big reservation. A world cup in England would is probably the best chance England has of winning the WC again. And if you did win it on you own home turf, all Englishmen plus the English media would be totally unbearable and so far up their own arses. I'm already a bit tired of the "football coming home" thing, and the result hasn't even been announced yet.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 am

Slim wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:What time is the announcement today?

I read something that said it would be between 3pm and 7pm.

Edit:Just read it's 3pm.

Cheers mate
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:36 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I lived in Russia and I can tell you that the stadia's and infrastructure elsewhere in the country is fucking SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

No way should they get the bid ahead of ourselves.

That's the reason they might get it, they have 8 years to build it up and that is the legacy.

I don't know if you have noticed but look at how everything has fell apart in this country because of a bit of snow.

Hardly speaks volumes of the infrastructure of this country.

If it snows in July we truly will be fucked
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am

mr_nool wrote: I'm already a bit tired of the "football coming home" thing, and the result hasn't even been announced yet.

so you don't think the English err British, whichever, invented "soccer" then? Or does it just bore the shit out of you having it rammed down your throat all day long?

Also, a friend told me that the Swedish tactic of offering coffee to every visitor no matter the time of day as expressed in those "Dragon Girl with a Bee Bonnet up Her Ass" books -- you know the Swedish author fucler who's dead -- is a true story? Fact or Fiction?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Out of all the bids and presentations we do deserve it. Ours is the simply the best bid, yet FIFA don't take that into consideration. Sepp Blatter thinks of himself and the male Mother Theresa, South Africa and Brazil are risky bids and so is Quatar, surely Fifa would want a "safe" bid?

COME ON ENGLAND!!
the_georgian_genius

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote: I'm already a bit tired of the "football coming home" thing, and the result hasn't even been announced yet.

so you don't think the English err British, whichever, invented "soccer" then? Or does it just bore the shit out of you having it rammed down your throat all day long?

Also, a friend told me that the Swedish tactic of offering coffee to every visitor no matter the time of day as expressed in those "Dragon Girl with a Bee Bonnet up Her Ass" books -- you know the Swedish author fucler who's dead -- is a true story? Fact or Fiction?

cheers

On question A I answer B. On question B I answer Yes, it's true. Sweden and Finland are the two countries in the world that drink the most coffee. The average Swede drinks 3.4 cups a day, but this statistic is based on the whole population, toddlers, tea-drinkers and bums included. Offering your guest a cup is the minimal level of courtesy. The only exemptions from this rule is Jehovah's Witnesses and burglars.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fullartj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 pm

As an Irish Man living in London I would love to see England get the World Cup!

As for that Panorama programe I wouldnt worry about that. It basically told us nothing new as everyone knows full well that FIFA are a bunch of corrupt Scumbags!
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fish111 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:36 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

On question A I answer B. On question B I answer Yes, it's true. Sweden and Finland are the two countries in the world that drink the most coffee. The average Swede drinks 3.4 cups a day, but this statistic is based on the whole population, toddlers, tea-drinkers and bums included. Offering your guest a cup is the minimal level of courtesy. The only exemptions from this rule is Jehovah's Witnesses and burglars.

i only drink tea so i would be grossly offended being offered coffee all the time, does this exclude me from ever visiting Sweden & Finland? So much for the European love-in eh? They all look so friendly toward each other on my old videos.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Fish111 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

i only drink tea so i would be grossly offended being offered coffee all the time, does this exclude me from ever visiting Sweden & Finland? So much for the European love-in eh? They all look so friendly toward each other on my old videos.

Most Swedes keep a box with teabags, way beyond their sell-by-date, stored at the back of some cupboard, just in case some uncivilised visitor will decline the coffee and ask for a cup of tea. It will be held against you.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:44 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Fish111 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Most Swedes keep a box with teabags, way beyond their sell-by-date, stored at the back of some cupboard, just in case some uncivilised visitor will decline the coffee and ask for a cup of tea. It will be held against you.

I still can't believe these european philistines drink tea without milk...barbarians
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:49 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
I still can't believe these european philistines drink tea without milk...barbarians

Most Swedes put milk in their tea. I don't, though. I'm hard like that.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 pm

mr_nool wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Most Swedes put milk in their tea. I don't, though. I'm hard like that.

Hold on Erik... I'm sure even a very tough super macho like You... :-) wouldn't mind to have a good black tea (Assam, Darjeeling) with few milk drops on freezy lazy afternoon...
... and my point is... it depends on the tea and the weather!... mind You, Hollander... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby one man army » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:49 pm

tea with milk is a crime. fact.
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Can someone tell me how many cycles a region must wait before submitting a WC bid? Will England and the rest of Europe be able to bid on the 2026 WC? I've heard conflicting stories about having to wait one or two cycles.

Cheers.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:55 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:Can someone tell me how many cycles a region must wait before submitting a WC bid? Will England and the rest of Europe be able to bid on the 2026 WC? I've heard conflicting stories about having to wait one or two cycles.

Cheers.

Dunno Mate, and tbh i dont give a shit. What I'd like, in this fucking world where everything is on sale is that the European FAs would allied and made all the money FIFA gets from european football weighing more.
England knocked out at first round, with the best facilities, the greatest tradition, the best social programs developed through football and Price William as delegate, it's a disgrace for all sportsmen europewide!

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:00 pm

I think it's 2030 before England could possibly host it but by that time they'll br ready to give it Spain or someone else more favoured by the current mob again. England will never host a World Cup so long as the present organisation exists unless one of the countries goes bankrupt & they want us to bail it out. They'll give us the Euros again as a softener.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum