AJ

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

AJ

Postby Lee_R » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Did he go for a number 2 then or what?! What reason could he possibly have for needing to leave the field? Whatever it was it seemed to have worked anyway!
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: AJ

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Great work for the goal and a lovely ball from a central position ove the defenders for Mario's fall over in the first half show he can do it. However his delivery into the box from out wide was poor all night. He needs to do rather better from wide positions.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Judging by some of his passing I reckon it was contact lens problems.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Lee_R wrote:Did he go for a number 2 then or what?! What reason could he possibly have for needing to leave the field? Whatever it was it seemed to have worked anyway!

That's what I was thinking too. I reckon he had to squeeze one out!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 pm

I find him extremely frustrating. He does some very good things with the ball at his feet but his delivery is absolutely atrocious.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

He has far too many positives than negatives to his game...that last goal was pure class that very few players in the prem can do.

I think he should just concentrate on that final cross......apart from that.....as you were.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Brad » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:01 pm

His crossing was poor tonight, but the way he beats defenders is just world class, he really is a pleasure too watch to be honest.
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Dejong

Postby Blue2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:13 pm

poor apart from the goal.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Blue2 wrote:poor apart from the goal.

That sums him up though. He's never going to control a game or dominate a team like Silva can, but he is one of the few players in the league who can abslutely produce a moment of pure magic and for that alone he's worth having in the side.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Tabloids and crap media outklets like Talkshite will rave about the goal and go on about City "ruining him" as he's not picked every week. Reality is that his distribution, crossing and choice of pass in the final third needs a hell of a lot of work.

What Mancini is doing is keeping his feet on the ground and teaching him how to be a professional.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:23 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Tabloids and cap media outklets like Talkshite will rave about the goal and go on about City "ruining him" as he's not picked every week. Reality is that hsi distribution, crossing and choice of pass in the final third needs a hell of a lot of work.

What Mancini is doing is keeping his feet on the ground and teaching him how to be a professional.

I think I posted about a month ago that Bob is giving Adam hard love because he see so much of himself as a young, still row character....
Direct quote from OS: "“In years to come Adam may look back and think ‘Roberto was correct’. I hope that he knows I say these things because I believe in Adam."....

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He has far too many positives than negatives to his game...that last goal was pure class that very few players in the prem can do.

I think he should just concentrate on that final cross......apart from that.....as you were.

Correct. That's all he needs to do. His workrate was good his dribbling skills are brilliant, he's quick, he can shoot & imo he CAN cross a ball; he just needs to get into a routine of doing it regularly, which would be helped by knowing which areas players will be attacking in the box. Now we're starting to attack more, that should become easier.

The rag who does City's reports in the MUEN has likened his dribbling to George Best. You never ever get praise like that from a rag unless you play for the rags so he must be doing something right.

Imo Bob is right to keep demanding more of him & is just the right bloke to make him realise his potential, which is huge.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 am

I think Bobby Manc is managing him perfectly, until he delivers off the pitch by way of his personal life and the partying then there is no way he deserves to start every game. His skill is undoubted but he needs to be more consistant and learn to bang them crosses in with greater accuracy especially now we have a big lad to aim for in Super Mario.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Kladze » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

The rag who does City's reports in the MUEN has likened his dribbling to George Best. You never ever get praise like that from a rag unless you play for the rags so he must be doing something right.

I make no apologies for this .........

[youtube]o8wGN5uDaVg[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:43 am

Someone will probably moan about it being on here but he was fantastic. There was a goal or two he scored for the rags which were similar to AJ's goal, with the ol dropping of the shoulder etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Someone will probably moan about it being on here but he was fantastic. There was a goal or two he scored for the rags which were similar to AJ's goal, with the ol dropping of the shoulder etc.

We come from a generation who detested the rags but could still acknowledge them Ted. I think it's a shame that many latter day supporters can't feel the same way, but there you go :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 am

I thought he gained in confidence after the goal, even tackled back in our own box once. Definitely a 'confidence' player.

No curries for lunch next match AJ!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:27 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

That sums him up though. He's never going to control a game or dominate a team like Silva can, but he is one of the few players in the league who can abslutely produce a moment of pure magic and for that alone he's worth having in the side.

Similar to a young Ryan Giggs, no?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:30 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

More similar to Joe Cole in his early Chelsea days imo. I hope he develops a better football brain, though.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 am

mr_nool wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

More similar to Joe Cole in his early Chelsea days imo. I hope he develops a better football brain, though.

Yeah it's closer but still not right. Been trying to think of who since I read the Giggs comment but having a hard time putting my finger on it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum