Jo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jo

Postby HeyMark » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Fuckin hell, nobody ever seems to want to square the ball to him! I almost feel bad for him

I've counted 3 or 4 occasions in the last two games he's started where he could have had a tap in if someone had squared the ball to him. Instead they prefer to take shots from tight angles!

I
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Jo

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 pm

To be fair he had some nice touches tonight and I was impressed..still can't score for shit but maybe that's a confidence thing
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Patrick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Should play football rather than amateur dramatics
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 pm

There is some football intelligence inthere. That superb crossfield pass to Adebayor that should have made a fourth goal proves that. I don't think he is the complete loser he is thought to be by many, but neither is he the new Zico. He can improve though as he is still relatively young. He needs to toughen up physically, stop fucking diving and get involved in the football more. Did a bit of nice work defensively as well when Johnson was having his shite.

Fulham away and Poznan at home and away: all comfortable wins. Coincidence?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:There is some football intelligence inthere. That superb crossfield pass to Adebayor that should have made a fourth goal proves that. I don't think he is the complete loser he is thought to be by many, but neither is he the new Zico. He can improve though as he is still relatively young. He needs to toughen up physically, stop fucking diving and get involved in the football more. Did a bit of nice work defensively as well when Johnson was having his shite.

no coincendence at all.

he "fits" in the games you mention.

Also, he'd have two in two had his partners not been blatantly selfish!
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:26 pm

He gets into the right positions, he was back helping out defensively too. I just wish he wouldn't fall over at the slightest touch though - clutching his face like he'd been pole-axed when his face hadn't come into contact with anything except the grass.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm

I thought he had a good solid game and I want to see more.

Never thought I'd type that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

He does get into some good positions and I do wonder what would have happened if they had passed to him instead of shooting but I still thought he did sooooo much more wrong than right. His touch at times was dreadful.

And Salzberg were unbelievably crap so if you cant look decent against them god help you.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Burt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 pm

HeyMark wrote:Fuckin hell, nobody ever seems to want to square the ball to him! I almost feel bad for him

I've counted 3 or 4 occasions in the last two games he's started where he could have had a tap in if someone had squared the ball to him. Instead they prefer to take shots from tight angles!

I

You beat me to it mate. I was gunna start a thread about it. He's got himself into certain tap-in positions a shed full of times when he's played. He'd ave had a lot of goals if he woulda been played in. This lad's got a better football brain than most give him credit for. I know he's a soft diving fucler but if we can knock that outta him, he's an excellent part of our squad. Let's not forget he's still a young lad that can be moulded given the players we now have and Bobby is the perfect man to help him develop if he can keep pecking his head in the right way.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Patrick Vieira telegraphed a flick on header from a long throw so early that I had got off yeh couch and made a run in the 1st half. Jo was asleep edge of the area.

I hate slating our players but he is simply nt good enough for a serious push at any trophy IMO.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:44 pm

same from me too. He's never gonna be tevez or torres, but he's great for backup, and with how much we'll lose if we fuck him off we might aswell keep him for just that. Give him a chance.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby shawzy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:There is some football intelligence inthere. That superb crossfield pass to Adebayor that should have made a fourth goal proves that. I don't think he is the complete loser he is thought to be by many, but neither is he the new Zico. He can improve though as he is still relatively young. He needs to toughen up physically, stop fucking diving and get involved in the football more. Did a bit of nice work defensively as well when Johnson was having his shite.

Good post m8 and perfectly sums him up.

It looks that hes accepted the fact hes a squad player and will be drafted in to the 1st eleven when it suits Mancini...I think its very important to have players like this.
Well done Jo but stop acting like a fuckin baby.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:51 pm

That pass to Ade towards the end was magnificent imho, shame Ade did not score.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm

No point selling him, not as if we need the money.

The thing is, the potenital is there, I remmeber when he destroyed Inter when playing for CSKA Moscow and his scoring record there was superb.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wooders » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 am

could have had a hat trick last night had his team mates not played so selfishly
I thought he had a great game
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 am

Had a decent game, I thought he was a lost cause never to be seen again, but from a squad perspective he has shown he still has a role to play at the club.

I think we need to get behind him and realise he isn't Tevez or Silva or Mario and with a 60+ game season we will need this part time players to come in and do a job at times and if he is happy to fulfill that role then I think we should all be thankful we have such depth.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 pm

He isnt good enough for where we're going. He is totally lacking in self confidence.

That dive/fall over in the first half when he could have for more easily taken a shot (defender was not even goal side of Jo) just shows he has no confidence in his own ability.

He needs a transfer to Tenerife or Blackbun,
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 pm

When he made that slide tackle near the corner to stop one of their players putting in a cross I thought Nige was on the pitch!
Holding midfielder potential??
Last edited by Mase on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Slim wrote:Had a decent game, I thought he was a lost cause never to be seen again, but from a squad perspective he has shown he still has a role to play at the club.

I think we need to get behind him and realise he isn't Tevez or Silva or Mario and with a 60+ game season we will need this part time players to come in and do a job at times and if he is happy to fulfill that role then I think we should all be thankful we have such depth.

I think that's Jo in a nutshell ! Decent player and he can only improve playing occasionally along the players you mention in yr post Slim .
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby ronk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Wooders wrote:could have had a hat trick last night had his team mates not played so selfishly
I thought he had a great game

He would have missed a few. It was nice to see him playing that way. If he sticks at it, he'll get his reward.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum