Playing with a scowl..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Playing with a scowl..

Postby The Original Special One » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Who needs Happy Clappers..

I love Balo..I love his scowl..I love his selfishness..another great fucking finish

lol
The game needs characters!
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Ah I get you..statement retracted..I see where you're coming from but If you look at some of the footballing greats and it is that arrogance and self belief that propels them from being exceptional players to world beaters..I genuinely believe he has that in him

no worries.

I guess my point is, at least earn the right.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Mancini on Balotelli: "He never smiles when he scores. Why? Because, for him, it's normal to score. He could score every day"
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm

He expects to score every time he gets the ball. WHy then should he celebrate when he does what he thinks he is supposed to do? I like that attitude.

Colin Bell didn't celebrate much either. Didn't even smile. Not even after that wonderful volley at Chelsea.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby shawzy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
shawzy wrote:Does what it says on the box.....Goals.
Love the arrogance about him tonight and the way he didnt celebrate and make a big deal out of scoring..Cool as a cucumber.
Good signing Mancini.

I dont understand how people say that yet moan when Tevez doesnt celebrate enough. Is it just me that thinks he looks like he doesnt give a fuck about the club/fans he plays for?

I think thats just the way he is mate..He's an odd one our Mario..Goes against the norm.

We badly needed an out an out goal scoring machine and it looks like weve signed a fuckin belter.
The only worries i have is when he was at Milan. Jose could not handle him..Im mentioning this cuz we really need a settled team now and i want Mario to push on and move forward with City.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Guess I must be the only one who likes it when a player scores and shares the emotions of the fans that turn up week in week out to support them.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby The Original Special One » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:He did smile when he came off for Ade though and said something to Ade.

Probably something like "Have fun in the cold.... you CUNT!"

Yeah, I thought that was funny
But I'm not a lipreader! :)
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 pm

He can play with a Dummy in his mouth for all I care..just so long as he scores.

BTW - I did notice not many players running up to him to congratulate the miserable git...all of them went over to AJ and Vieira.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He can play with a Dummy in his mouth for all I care..just so long as he scores.

BTW - I did notice not many players running up to him to congratulate the miserable git...all of them went over to AJ and Vieira.

they know he's a miserable nutter already from the practice pitch i'd guess.

it seems to me like Mario is really stressed out...like he heaps a lot of pressure on himself to score goals and when he does it's a little relief but nothing worth celebrating. Tortured genius. Needs to sort out his diving, falling cunty antics tho. I'm not sure how long i'll be patient but if he scores nearly every match and falls over 4x like a little bitch i guess i'll have to accept it. I won't love him like i love Tevez, but still...he's got a big persona which i like.

plus did i mention his lady? Not sure if you know but she's kinda cute.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He can play with a Dummy in his mouth for all I care..just so long as he scores.

See here's a classic example..Carls a Cunt but we all have man love for the guy..and despite being a Cunt he contributes a lot amongst his peers

Balo - Carl

Like looking in a mirror :-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby blues2win » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Don't forget he had a horrible upbringing. He clearly feels his natural parents abandoned him. He's suffered more than most from unpleasant racist abuse in his own country. He's very young, in a foreign country and adapting to a new League. Let's show him the love as Ade puts it. He's well worth the effort to persevere. As Mancini said after the game he could have played better; run more and put away a couple of other chances. Yet what he did showed what an incredible natural talent he is. Super Mario is right.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 pm

He might change his tune if the crowd go mental when any of our lads score a goal but you can hear a pin drop when he scores. I woud like to see his reaction to an injury time winner at the swamp.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:29 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

See here's a classic example..Carls a Cunt but we all have man love for the guy..and despite being a Cunt he contributes a lot amongst his peers

Balo - Carl

Interesting analysis.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beeks » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Balo - Carl

Interesting analysis.

Just call me fucking Freud
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Goataldo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 pm

No problem with not celebrating when he scores, although it does make me worry a bit more that he really doesn't want to stay here. I don't really celebrate when I score, so he must be cool. Right? Mancio's reasoning is quite reassuring - the best possible explanation.

I've got a problem with his tendency to cheat though, I hate that. Can't justify it. And before anyone pipes up with 'would you complain if he cheated us a pen that won the Chumps League Final for us?' - yeah it would take the edge off it.

Alan would never cheat.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Michigan Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:39 pm

His reaction at the weekend at Micah's goal was one of unbridled joy so you can't say he doesn't care, he's just mad as a hatter.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Love his ability but not the circus act and tabloid fodder that his career currently is.

Like it or not, the guy is passing through and if he's here more than a maximum 2 years I'd be amazed.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ronk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 am

It's all good.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 am

If he stops chucking himself on the floor I can live with the rest of the baggage & can imagine finding it hilarious so long as it doesn't cost us games. He's a fantastic talent & we haven't seen half of it yet but personally I just can't be doing with cheats of that magnitude. Just stop diving & play football (& that goes for Jo too).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

I'm a big celebration fan. Can we get bernado back as team choreographer?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum