Playing with a scowl..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Playing with a scowl..

Postby ant london » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 am

The "cheating" part I think is pretty much centred in the football culture in which he has "grown up". People go to ground and that's what gets you free kicks and penalties. If you don't go down you don't get the decision.

Although he is clearly as mad as a bag of snakes in lots of ways he clearly does have footballing intelligence in spades and he clearly drives himself hard and really does want to score goals and win. It won't take him long (and I'm positive this is where someone like Vieira comes in in terms of mentoring him) to realise that going to ground won't get you the decision, it will get you a rep with refs (which, in turn, will lead to bona fide fouls going unpunished), it may very well rob you of a chance that you could (absent any free kick) have converted anyway and it will also piss off team-mates and fans alike.

He has already reduced his level of flopping and I think it will continue to go from his game. I don't like it either but I am sick of City being always the ones who lose out for playing fucking fair. I wouldn't like to win the CL by that way but if we get the odd goal/penalty along the way then so be it.

In terms of his celebration, he was grinning with the rest of the lads once he'd walked off. He looked happy.....i don't care if he doesn't want to jump into peoples arms or rock babies or sing like fucking Elvis. I can do all the post goal celebrating I need. Last night I would say that by the time he scored the first he would have been annoyed with himself for not converting anything before that, I'm not at all surprised he didn't race around like some nesh cunt.

http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3- ... g-2010-12/

I like him....a lot.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Trautmann » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 am

There was a time when it was considered poor form to celebrate a goal--in those days it was considered un-English to do so--stiff upper lip etc, not like those flamboyant Italians....
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 am

Johnson didn't celebrate either, that cunt. Ship him off to a championship team on loan until he learns to display some emotions.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Scatman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 am

Anyone remember where the choreographed dance routine celebrations started? The first one I remember is that gay little thing Paul Ince and Ryan Giggs used to do when one of them two scored. Surely there must have been an earlier one though.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 am

Scatman wrote:Anyone remember where the choreographed dance routine celebrations started? The first one I remember is that gay little thing Paul Ince and Ryan Giggs used to do when one of them two scored. Surely there must have been an earlier one though.

Roger Milla dancing by the corner post in the WC -90. First I remember.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CitizenYank » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:02 am

He can be the James Dean of FB if he wants to as far as I am concerned. If he keeps finishing
like that!!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 am

ant london wrote:The "cheating" part I think is pretty much centred in the football culture in which he has "grown up". People go to ground and that's what gets you free kicks and penalties. If you don't go down you don't get the decision.

Although he is clearly as mad as a bag of snakes in lots of ways he clearly does have footballing intelligence in spades and he clearly drives himself hard and really does want to score goals and win. It won't take him long (and I'm positive this is where someone like Vieira comes in in terms of mentoring him) to realise that going to ground won't get you the decision, it will get you a rep with refs (which, in turn, will lead to bona fide fouls going unpunished), it may very well rob you of a chance that you could (absent any free kick) have converted anyway and it will also piss off team-mates and fans alike.

He has already reduced his level of flopping and I think it will continue to go from his game. I don't like it either but I am sick of City being always the ones who lose out for playing fucking fair. I wouldn't like to win the CL by that way but if we get the odd goal/penalty along the way then so be it.

In terms of his celebration, he was grinning with the rest of the lads once he'd walked off. He looked happy.....i don't care if he doesn't want to jump into peoples arms or rock babies or sing like fucking Elvis. I can do all the post goal celebrating I need. Last night I would say that by the time he scored the first he would have been annoyed with himself for not converting anything before that, I'm not at all surprised he didn't race around like some nesh cunt.

http://footyroom.com/manchester-city-3- ... g-2010-12/

I like him....a lot.

Anyone who does that baby rocking celebration should have the goal chalked off & receive an official punch in the face from an FA designated heavyweight boxer imo. Awful to see it creeping into cricket too with Jonathon Trott's shameful effort in the last test.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:19 am

Great goalscorer we have on our books, this kid is gonna be big for us if we can hang on to him for any length of time. Not arsed whether he celebrates like a chicken, a duck or a fuckin corpse personally.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:23 am

Fish111 wrote:Great goalscorer we have on our books, this kid is gonna be big for us if we can hang on to him for any length of time. Not arsed whether he celebrates like a chicken, a duck or a fuckin corpse personally.

I could imagine the chicken celebration but I can't picture the how you do the duck or corpse.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Great goalscorer we have on our books, this kid is gonna be big for us if we can hang on to him for any length of time. Not arsed whether he celebrates like a chicken, a duck or a fuckin corpse personally.

I could imagine the chicken celebration but I can't picture the how you do the duck or corpse.

If we ever met Ted i'd give you a demo ;-)
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 am

Fish111 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

If we ever met Ted i'd give you a demo ;-)

I'll remember that ;-)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:00 am

Did you notice he clapped the fans twice when he was subbed off?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 am

Swagger. He will frustrate the fuck out of us, but he is cool as fuck. I was tryna work out what it is that he has, pace, skill? Nah just a fuckin goalscorer, right place right time. Thats a bigger asset than any other attribute.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Swagger. He will frustrate the fuck out of us, but he is cool as fuck. I was tryna work out what it is that he has, pace, skill? Nah just a fuckin goalscorer, right place right time. Thats a bigger asset than any other attribute.

When he lobbed the keeper and then karate kicked the ball back into play, he showed pace to breeze past the defender and skill to keep the ball in play. If Jo had been following him in something might have come from it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Swagger. He will frustrate the fuck out of us, but he is cool as fuck. I was tryna work out what it is that he has, pace, skill? Nah just a fuckin goalscorer, right place right time. Thats a bigger asset than any other attribute.

Oh he's rapid...and Skill?! You're having a laugh...some of his touches are sublime...he will be a goal machine...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:19 am

Hes just a kid with attitude, and not celebrating is probably the cool thing to do in his head. Like Im hard and watch me scowl. Really not arsed how he celebrates cos if we are talkign about things like this then obviously hes scoring. Just cut out the diving Balo and carry on scoring goals.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:20 am

Lees Alter Ego wrote:Hes just a kid with attitude, and not celebrating is probably the cool thing to do in his head. Like Im hard and watch me scowl. Really not arsed how he celebrates cos if we are talkign about things like this then obviously hes scoring. Just cut out the diving Balo and carry on scoring goals.

Eggsack Lee Lee, Eggsack Lee.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 am

Ok i didnt explain my point well at all lol. he has those but I was more tryna make the point about the thing that makes him special. He just seems to be where he needs to be an wont think twice about doin somethin spectacular. Loads of players have pace skill etc .... but not got the x factor to use a cliche.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:24 am

He seems like a bit of prick, but if he keeps scoring I couldn't care less. His attitude is a lot like C. Ronaldo's in that he'll dive, not get a free-kick and then pound the floor like a kid, get up and sulk for a few minutes before showing some class and scoring. If he played for the rags I'd fuckin hate the cunt with a passion! But he plays for City so I love him!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Ok i didnt explain my point well at all lol. he has those but I was more tryna make the point about the thing that makes him special. He just seems to be where he needs to be an wont think twice about doin somethin spectacular. Loads of players have pace skill etc .... but not got the x factor to use a cliche.

Oh fuck, you're not gonna try that as a career now too are you?

Get what you're saying, predator's instinct is what makes him really stand out.

(still don't like him, but obviously talented player)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum