Channel 5 in Ireland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Channel 5 in Ireland

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:24 pm

I know a couple of my mates who didn't think it was available, so for those of you who haven't tuned it in to your "other channels" on your Sky it is a follows:

Services
Add Channels
H
5/6

A totally shit channel by all accounts, but at least you've got the match tonight!
Original Dub

Re: Channel 5 in Ireland

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:45 pm

i will be watching it tonight on that channell! the bloke installing mine tuned all those in for me on the day, happy days!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Thats flippin excellent Dub. Cheers for that. I'd no idea I had that channel....

I was just about to put the big boots on and trudge my way into town somewhere. No need now (though I may trudge the lesser distance to the offie).
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm

There are waaaaaaaay too many tinkers on this board nowadays.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby s1ty m » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:I know a couple of my mates who didn't think it was available, so for those of you who haven't tuned it in to your "other channels" on your Sky it is a follows:

Services
Add Channels
H
5/6

A totally shit channel by all accounts, but at least you've got the match tonight!

Fantastic work Dub. That's a brain right there! Makes no odds to me in England, but top bombing for the Irish blues.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby paddyblue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:51 pm

the match is on setanta ireland so no probs here
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:53 pm

paddyblue wrote:the match is on setanta ireland so no probs here

Aye, but that's subscription if you're watching through sky and I'm not paying for that shit.

Bingo - eat me out me you anglo-Irish mutt.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:01 pm

FUCKING ESPN here.

Hi and welcome, ADVERT, to the City of Manchester Stadium, ADVERT, or as the locals like to call it, Eastlands, ADVERT. We'll be back with the lineups after this advert, ADVERT. Here's the City lineup, ADVERT, and the Salzburg(somehow mispronounced to sound more like "Flobby dob dib dob dib" than the actual name) lineup, ADVERT, We'll be back after this advert with the pre-game, ADVERT.

If Tommy Smyth is commentating(and I pray to God, Allah and various animals they worship in the far east, he is not) then he will get it wrong at least a dozen times in the match, call players by their wrong name, tell us that over 90% of the yellows in the game are for talking back to the ref and fail to understand even the basic concepts of the offside rule.

FUCK THIS, I am going back to bed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Slim wrote:FUCKING ESPN here.

Hi and welcome, ADVERT, to the City of Manchester Stadium, ADVERT, or as the locals like to call it, Eastlands, ADVERT. We'll be back with the lineups after this advert, ADVERT. Here's the City lineup, ADVERT, and the Salzburg(somehow mispronounced to sound more like "Flobby dob dib dob dib" than the actual name) lineup, ADVERT, We'll be back after this advert with the pre-game, ADVERT.

If Tommy Smyth is commentating(and I pray to God, Allah and various animals they worship in the far east, he is not) then he will get it wrong at least a dozen times in the match, call players by their wrong name, tell us that over 90% of the yellows in the game are for talking back to the ref and fail to understand even the basic concepts of the offside rule.

ha i love tommy smith! is that the irish aul lad that talks about putting it in the "onion bag"? think i only liked him cos i was missing the irish wit in oz i may have given out about everything else about him!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

ha i love tommy smith! is that the irish aul lad that talks about putting it in the "onion bag"? think i only liked him cos i was missing the irish wit in oz i may have given out about everything else about him!

He moved to America at the age of 16 and is now 64. He has a stronger Irish accent than people who have never left. He is a fraud and a fucking moron to boot. I am surprised you don't all hate him for playing on the stereotype for 20 years on ESPN and shocked he hasn't tried saying "Fiddle dee dee" on air yet.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HeyMark » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:There are waaaaaaaay too many tinkers on this board nowadays.

Fucking free-staters! Can't trust them
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Figured out something good about ESPN, during half time in the Sampdoria v PSV game they had a profile on a race driver called "Will Power".

Swear I thought they were making it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Power
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Patrick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Bastard. Come over here and clear the bastard snow off me satellite dish you helpful bastard. Be gorra
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Patrick wrote:Bastard. Come over here and clear the bastard snow off me satellite dish you helpful bastard. Be gorra

To be sure to be sure Paddy.
Original Dub

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm sorry Bingo, but Tinkers rule.

Dat's de rules deese days I'm afraid.

Dee-diddley-eye.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Slim wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

He moved to America at the age of 16 and is now 64. He has a stronger Irish accent than people who have never left. He is a fraud and a fucking moron to boot. I am surprised you don't all hate him for playing on the stereotype for 20 years on ESPN and shocked he hasn't tried saying "Fiddle dee dee" on air yet.

Five replays of Mario scoring then 2 mins later I hear "Well Slazburg hate playing against Jo. He scored on matchday 4 nd he's scored again tonight the Brazillian"
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Five replays of Mario scoring then 2 mins later I hear "Well Slazburg hate playing against Jo. He scored on matchday 4 nd he's scored again tonight the Brazillian"

Yep, then not realising their mistake, went on to talk about him signing from CSKA and going on loan periods. I suppose when the bar is set this low, Tommy Fucktard Smyth seems like a fucking genius to the seppos.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Yep, then not realising their mistake, went on to talk about him signing from CSKA and going on loan periods. I suppose when the bar is set this low, Tommy Fucktard Smyth seems like a fucking genius to the seppos.

I know at 1st I thought I'd misheard but they just kept diggin.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sandman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:30 pm

The Foggy Blue wrote:

I'm sorry Bingo, but Tinkers rule.

Dat's de rules deese days I'm afraid.

Dee-diddley-eye.

They should stop spending money on Sky TV so they dont have to borrow Euro's off the rest of Europe, Spud Loving Tarmac Laying Flatley Footed Scroungers!!

(says a guy who's entire family is Irish on both sides)
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Esky » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 pm

'And it's Tommy Smyth with a y...'

His voice sounds like a hyena being put through a wood-chipper. Cannot. Fucking. Stand him.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Return to The Maine Football forum