Tonight's crowd guesses

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tonight's crowd guesses

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:03 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Gate announced 37k, actual gate of people there about 30k Id say.

No mate, I dont think they can cheat like the league games when they count STs not there. On telly it looked about right because when we get down around 32 there are loads more gaps.

Big place, dont forget at 37 K there are 10,000 empty seats!! That's a lot of seats.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby simon12 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:42 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Looks like IBH was closest.

yep..what do I win? ;-)

A signed Alan shirt
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 am

john@staustell wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Gate announced 37k, actual gate of people there about 30k Id say.

No mate, I dont think they can cheat like the league games when they count STs not there. On telly it looked about right because when we get down around 32 there are loads more gaps.

Big place, dont forget at 37 K there are 10,000 empty seats!! That's a lot of seats.

Top 2 tiers were awfully empty John, with spare seats in the middle and bottom tier whee people clearly had bought tickets and hadnt bothered, and the away end had about 70 in it!
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:49 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Top 2 tiers were awfully empty John, with spare seats in the middle and bottom tier whee people clearly had bought tickets and hadnt bothered, and the away end had about 70 in it!

Nah mate I saw at least 500 - 430 of them were stewards!

Take your point about people buying cheap tickets then not going out in the snow cos it's no loss to them.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:37 am

john@staustell wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Nah mate I saw at least 500 - 430 of them were stewards!

Take your point about people buying cheap tickets then not going out in the snow cos it's no loss to them.

Think it was a reverse of the old Swales attendance figures in the 80's and early 90's, with Maine Road packed and the gate announced as 34k, seemingly about 7-8k below what it actually was.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:45 am

I believe the attendances are calculated by tickets sold. I reckon there was 30,000 there max yesterday with the other 7,000 either chosing not to come becuase of the weather or actually physically not being able to make it.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum