A question for John68?.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: A question for John68?.

Postby ruralblue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:02 pm

After the 5 -1, it has to be away at Stoke on Boxing Day. Can't remember the year but it was the time of the inflatables. We got turned over in the match, but we truned Stoke blue for the day, party atmosphere!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby HeyMark » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm

My first game, Bolton at home last day of Hughe's first season (Proper Glory Hunter)

Me and my brother were standing in the concourse having a pint and I went to have a look at the players warming up! He said as soon as he seen my face he phoned our mum and told her seeing that made the trip for him. I was in awe, couldn't believe I was actually seeing city in the flesh
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blackburnblue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Has to be the derby game of April 1974 at the swamp when Denis the menace backheeled the ragbags into the second division.
YOU COULDN'T HAVE WTITTEN THE SCRIPT FOR THAT ANY BETTER!!!!
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:15 pm

john68 wrote:Gillie Mate,
If you mean personally attended, it can't be any other than the final league game of '68, when we became champions at Newcastle and I would seriously give my right arm, bollock or leg to have some of you younger City fans have that same experience.
I wrote quite emotionally about this game in that championship series (if someone wants to dig it out).
from travelling up the motorway and have almost every car passing you exhibiting sky blue. The singing and dancing at the Hartshead Moor services, the swarms of city fans walking through Newcastle to the ground.
The nerves because so much was at stake. Remembering that we could only lose it to the rags.
The game itself was the ultimate rollercoaster...1-0...Then they equalised minutes later....2-1...then they equalised again a few minutes later....3-2...4-2....We were Champions but were frightened to admit it...They scored again 4-3 and we were shitting it.
At the final whistle, the sheer relief and the explosion of emotion and the knowledge that City were the best team in the country.

The thing is, knowing how that feels, I want to feel it again...soon....and I reeeeeallly want you to feel it too.

Thanks mate i kinda thought you would say that game.But you also said something that us young uns would have to experiance the same and thats why i started the thread.I knew you would get my reason for the thread you clever old git lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Well of course the obvious answer for me is 1974 - nothing detracts from that memory.

The 1976 cup final was special for the entire day - hitch-hiking down and back - met some great people

But I guess the promotion at Wembley had to be the ultimate rush - I remember screaming "...fucking typical CITY..." when Horlock scored - and then.......

But as they are all obvious - anyone on this forum part of that wonderful conga at the end of the game at Ewood Park the next year??? that was a great day - CITY fans were everywhere in that ground
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Well of course the obvious answer for me is 1974 - nothing detracts from that memory.

The 1976 cup final was special for the entire day - hitch-hiking down and back - met some great people

But I guess the promotion at Wembley had to be the ultimate rush - I remember screaming "...fucking typical CITY..." when Horlock scored - and then.......

But as they are all obvious - anyone on this forum part of that wonderful conga at the end of the game at Ewood Park the next year??? that was a great day - CITY fans were everywhere in that ground

I was there mate did you notice when we went 3-1 up they stopped showing the Ipswich score on that big scoreboard they have at the away fans end.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum