POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who will host the 2018 World Cup?

Belgium and the Netherlands
3%
England
27%
Portugal and Spain
22%
Russia
49%

Total votes : 79

Re: POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm

I don't think anyone has suggested our people are 100% trustworthy. They come under a lot more scrutiny than most of the wankers on the FIFA gravy train though, so would struggle to be that corrupt & get away with it to the same level. That is the point; some of those fuckers in FIFA & UEFA know they can get away with almost anything, no matter how bent & how obvious, so they do it all the time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Why is it all down to our press? If they are right in what they have reported (2 delegates already suspended due to the British Press btw) then does this thing not need to be brought to the public domain?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think anyone has suggested our people are 100% trustworthy. They come under a lot more scrutiny than most of the wankers on the FIFA gravy train though, so would struggle to be that corrupt & get away with it to the same level. That is the point; some of those fuckers in FIFA & UEFA know they can get away with almost anything, no matter how bent & how obvious, so they do it all the time.

And a lot of that comes from the British Press. Integrity is just a word to many of our establishment, but the press remind them to keep it in check.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think anyone has suggested our people are 100% trustworthy. They come under a lot more scrutiny than most of the wankers on the FIFA gravy train though, so would struggle to be that corrupt & get away with it to the same level. That is the point; some of those fuckers in FIFA & UEFA know they can get away with almost anything, no matter how bent & how obvious, so they do it all the time.

It is a commonly accepted practice that whoever bribes the Olympic Committee the most gets the games.(The stories I heard from the Sydney Olympics were just beyond belief) I see the World Cup being no different.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why is it all down to our press? If they are right in what they have reported (2 delegates already suspended due to the British Press btw) then does this thing not need to be brought to the public domain?

It does, but surely it could have waited another week till the delegates involved had voted? Slim chance I know but they may have voted for us before the programme was aired and it could make the difference
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why is it all down to our press? If they are right in what they have reported (2 delegates already suspended due to the British Press btw) then does this thing not need to be brought to the public domain?

Thats just the game they are playing and trying to offset the damage by attacking the press or giving out the idea that the press are subversive. it is a bit like managers trying to influence referees by criticising them. So they have put out that the press will influence the decision to try and make them think twice about making more allegations.

As Slim says though all these organisations are as bad as each other and are just up for grabs to the best offers, be them blow jobs, holidays or plain cash.

Get WikiLeaks in!!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Slim wrote:

It is a commonly accepted practice that whoever bribes the Olympic Committee the most gets the games.(The stories I heard from the Sydney Olympics were just beyond belief) I see the World Cup being no different.

The whole idea of these £ multi billion organisations, who determine stuff that effect billions of people, being a bunch of self elected, self interested, money grabbing, power crazed tossers who just go swanning around taking bribes, gorging themselves on free wine, cheese, chocolates & God knows what is so ridiculous you literally couldn't make it up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I would love for England to host the World Cup, but not at the cost of covering up the truth or compromising free speech.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Purely on logo it's got to be Holland?Belgium.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:21 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I would love for England to host the World Cup, but not at the cost of covering up the truth or compromising free speech.

I dont think you should be allowed to say that.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I would love for England to host the World Cup, but not at the cost of covering up the truth or compromising free speech.

I dont think you should be allowed to say that.

Tell him to shut it!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Surely England's the best bid by far.
Should You not be preferred for some political bollocks, I'd also like very much a fair acknowledgement of what the Hollanders had done for football.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 pm

What are the pro's and con's of each bid, seeing there is such an aray of different culture's on here?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 am

Beefymcfc wrote:What are the pro's and con's of each bid, seeing there is such an aray of different culture's on here?

Judging by the those women sat in Amsterdam windows...Holland possibly have the best pros, whilst accepting the Mafia live there, Italy probably have the best cons.
Next question.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 am

craigmcfc wrote:

It does, but surely it could have waited another week till the delegates involved had voted? Slim chance I know but they may have voted for us before the programme was aired and it could make the difference

I was asking the 'Cultured' ones John, you're exempt ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues-clues » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 am

Football is far more important in Russia than in any of the other bidding nations. They have better communications, better transport, better stadia, better fans, better infrastructure and more history. They have better hotels, no crime a better climate and can do far more for the game world wide. I cant see it going anywhere else.

"Was that okay Mr Bolockoffski?"
"Please will you take the gun from my head and release my family from the salt mine now?"
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

I'm not John. He's old and senile
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:43 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

I'm not John. He's old and senile

Ha ha ha, where'd I get that from? Seems I'm getting there aswell, totally wrong post ;-)

I know what you mean though, it could have an impact but I reckon FIFA don't really care and will just be looking for the biggest financial package that benefits them. I noticed the Dutch bid has already been listed as falling short because they won't give into FIFA's financial guarantee's with regard to being exempt from tax etc. That says to all that their bid is not about the quality of the games they can run, but only to do with the money that FIFA can rake in.

Anybody know what time it will be announced?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What are the pro's and con's of each bid, seeing there is such an aray of different culture's on here?

I live in Belgium, and haven't seen a single item about them bidding in the news here. Someone mentioned it once a few months ago to me, but other than that nobody either a) cares their country is bidding or b) knows their country is bidding.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody know what time it will be announced?

bout half three tomorrow beef.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum