POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who will host the 2018 World Cup?

Belgium and the Netherlands
3%
England
27%
Portugal and Spain
22%
Russia
49%

Total votes : 79

Re: POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:23 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:One positive about this is that the British Press are all going to be gunning for FIFA now seen as though it will be 2030 before we can try again. Hopefully with an all out war our press can do some good and expose them with cast iron proof of corruption. The footballing world would be so much better off without the likes of Blatter and co pulling the strings.

Can we not bid for 2026?

We can but we won't get it. There's some sort of unofficial rule that the same continent cannot have the world cup for 2 full cycles so Europe's next chance will be 2030.

Anyways, I think we should create our own World Cup, hosted in the UK every 4 years where we invite nations to take part. It could be called the Sepp Blatter is a TWAT Cup.

Now we're talking.

They're suggesting on Talkshite that Blatter was actively involved in dissuading people from voting for England.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 pm

I blame Beckham the Terrrr'wat!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dikdik » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Welcome to the real world guys. Corruption is the order of the day and government is subservient to the diktats of large corporations.

There was a similar Panorama program about corruption on the president of the IOC some twenty years ago which from which not a single charge or challenge was made. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I think the BBC a little naive to push what's left of the flag ship program out the Monday before the draw for the world cup final bid. Smacks a bit of desperation to me; but that's by the by

Personally not too fussed about the result just the depressing realisation that such crooks do win in real life. Anyway. Maybe the cold will keep the Brazilians and Spaniards out of the running!
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:One positive about this is that the British Press are all going to be gunning for FIFA now seen as though it will be 2030 before we can try again. Hopefully with an all out war our press can do some good and expose them with cast iron proof of corruption. The footballing world would be so much better off without the likes of Blatter and co pulling the strings.

Can we not bid for 2026?

We can but we won't get it. There's some sort of unofficial rule that the same continent cannot have the world cup for 2 full cycles so Europe's next chance will be 2030.

Anyways, I think we should create our own World Cup, hosted in the UK every 4 years where we invite nations to take part. It could be called the Sepp Blatter is a TWAT Cup.

Now we're talking.

Nothing that Fat Bent Bastard does surprises me.....hes anti England and has been since the fat cunt was spawned from a turd.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Can we not bid for 2026?

Now we're talking.

They're suggesting on Talkshite that Blatter was actively involved in dissuading people from voting for England.

Anything to do with ladies football in England not having them running around in knickers and bra?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Do you honestly think they'd give a shit mate? It's all played according to their rules so in reality whatever came out would just be like slinging mud at a greased up eel - a dip in the water and it's all gone. Haven't those 2 members, who were proved to be corrupt, been suspended rather than sacked?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:33 pm

David Bond from the beeb

"Before today's World Cup vote, Sepp Blatter reminded FIFA executive comm members about "certain media" and "recent media coverage.""
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:39 pm

bluej wrote:David Bond from the beeb

"Before today's World Cup vote, Sepp Blatter reminded FIFA executive comm members about "certain media" and "recent media coverage.""

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I think we should boycott FIFA like we did in the 20's, and pull out of UEFA as well. Do we actually need them?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:41 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Knocked out in the first round is taking the pi$$ even by FIFA standards.

So, so corrupt!

Do you know what the votes were MRM please?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:45 pm

The premier league is the most watched league in the world and i think we would have backing from the rest of europe of we pulled out.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Dronny wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Knocked out in the first round is taking the pi$$ even by FIFA standards.

So, so corrupt!

First round: England 2 votes (eliminated), Netherlands-Belgium 4; Spain-Portugal 7; Russia 9 (no absolute majority)

Second round: Netherlands-Belgium 2; Spain-Portugal 7; Russia 13 (Russia obtain absolute majority)

How come 2 people voting for Holland/Belgium pulled out in the second round. You would have thought they would have stuck by their first choice until eliminated??
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Let's not get too holier than thou - Harry Rednapp is favourite to be next England manager.

If FIFA continue down these lines I can only see international football becoming less and less important.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Be interesting to see if anything comes from this in terms of irritation at the corruption.

If you sat down and decided to poll which of the venues fans would least want to go to and then picked those places as the host nation you'd have ended up with the result.

Qatar, what's the bloody point. It's equivalent to Leeds hosting the World Cup. They're by far the biggest users of energy in the world, this is the most unenvironmentally friendly World Cup ever. They've promised to spend silly money building stadia that no one wants, this is just insane. There's no reason it could ever have been selected that doesn't reference bribery/corruption.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm

We only got 1 vote really as 1 of our votes was from and english guy.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dronny » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Dronny wrote:

So, so corrupt!

First round: England 2 votes (eliminated), Netherlands-Belgium 4; Spain-Portugal 7; Russia 9 (no absolute majority)

Second round: Netherlands-Belgium 2; Spain-Portugal 7; Russia 13 (Russia obtain absolute majority)

How come 2 people voting for Holland/Belgium pulled out in the second round. You would have thought they would have stuck by their first choice until eliminated??

Cheers mate, that's a shocker
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Dronny wrote:

So, so corrupt!

Fuckin' unbelievable! That says that the biggest audience in the world can gain less than 10% of the vote! To be eliminated first just shows how wrong the system is and to have a person from T&T (that massive footballing nation) having a hand in nearly 15% of the votes shows how FIFA have turned the WC into the debarcle that it is.

I do wonder though, how the establishment will take to the belittlement and derision of the future King and the Prime Minister?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby saulman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Jesus Fuckin Christ!!!! 2 votes?????

That's it? Beckham and Prince Willy in attendance and we get only 2 votes?

Wembley, The Emirates, The Swamp and God Own Eastlands already built and we get only 2 votes?

Most watched league in the world and the place that the watching world would love to visit......2 votes?

Tis a joke. Tell me another one.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:08 pm

The world cup selection process is getting more like the Eurovision song contest every time. England have pissed off too many countries politically in the last few years to every stand a chance of getting this ... especially whilst Blatter is in charge
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Chinners wrote:The world cup selection process is getting more like the Eurovision song contest every time. England have pissed off too many countries politically in the last few years to every stand a chance of getting this ... especially whilst Blatter is in charge

What's football got to do with politics, unless it's FIFAs own politic's. Non-rhetorical of course.

I'm still gobsmacked, not getting the WC fair enough, but for our bid to come last is just beyond belief. This is the biggest political statement since the Cold War in my opinion; it divides nations!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Before I sleep, can I just say well done to Russia and Qatar, well in.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum