POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who will host the 2018 World Cup?

Belgium and the Netherlands
3%
England
27%
Portugal and Spain
22%
Russia
49%

Total votes : 79

POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Who will put in [strike]the biggest bung[/strike] the best bid and get the votes?

I'm voting Spain/Portugal as they have the nicest logo :-}
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: POLL: 2018 F$FA World Cup

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:14 pm

I reckon it's between England and Russia the other two have held major tournaments recently.

Obvious choice is England but they will probably go with Russia.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 pm

I would say Ingerland but I reckon the Panorama program and the other bung will have done your bid irreparable damage.

Russia if I was betting on it.

I like Australia's chances for 2022 if we can survive the early rounds.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:29 pm

There is no way on earth England will get this...Blatter hates us...plus Panorama have probably screwed it anyway

Hilarious...considering England invented the game...that some corrupt Johnny Foreigner can tell us whether we can hold the competition or not
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Twobob » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:38 pm

Going to be Russia, they have much more available cash to 'misplace' and very good at making sure there are no press leaks. The football will be shite, but twatter will have a new wing to his mansion and oil for life - so all will be fine.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Personally reckon we should tell the whole stinking cartel to fuck off and withdraw.

Edit: Reckon Spain/Portugal will get it.
The Man In Blue

Postby ryanmjo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm hoping for England 2018 and US 2022. But I think it will be Spain and then Qatar or Korea.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:11 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:There is no way on earth England will get this...Blatter hates us...plus Panorama have probably screwed it anyway

Hilarious...considering England invented the game...that some corrupt Johnny Foreigner can tell us whether we can hold the competition or not

From running the forum to running the entire sport, bit of a promotion.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Bluez » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:19 pm

I still think we are in with a chance. Technically FIFA have already said we have one of teh best bids. And today a report came out saying that Financially we have by far the best bid, so if they want to raise money, we are the best bet (Russia was the worst). Spain held it recently and on top of that you have to question local interest when a friendly between Spain and Portugal barely sold any tickets, whereas England v France (2 shit teams at WC2010) sold out.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:I reckon it's between England and Russia the other two have held major tournaments recently.

Obvious choice is England but they will probably go with Russia.

sadly that doesn't mean anything....Italy held the Euro's in 1980, and WC in 1990
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:40 pm

If England were to get it, my opinion of FIFA would improve but as Russia is the world capital of corruption & general criminality, I fully expect those disgusting sleazy shithouses from FIFA to take the World Cup there.

If they do, we should accept that they don't like us & cause as much shit for the cunts as we possibly can, for the rest of their miserable, corrupt lives. If they give us the World Cup, we should still do it anyway. Horrible bunch of jumped up, thieving, backstabbing, slimeballs.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If England were to get it, my opinion of FIFA would improve but as Russia is the world capital of corruption & general criminality, I fully expect those disgusting sleazy shithouses from FIFA to take the World Cup there.

If they do, we should accept that they don't like us & cause as much shit for the cunts as we possibly can, for the rest of their miserable, corrupt lives. If they give us the World Cup, we should still do it anyway. Horrible bunch of jumped up, thieving, backstabbing, slimeballs.

What I fail to understand is WHY don't they ever get investigated?!?!

Are they above the fucking law?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Fish111 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Russia will win it hands down and we should have saved a lot of time and money by withdrawing a long time ago. The whole process is benter than a nine bob note and the bidding process is just a way that the slimey fuckers from FIFA can get a few more dollars in their bank accounts and get to stay in 5 star hotels with high-class whores sucking their old, shrivelled dicks paid for by the FA.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby 13021J » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:56 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Personally reckon we should tell the whole stinking cartel to fuck off and withdraw.

Edit: Reckon Spain/Portugal will get it.

Absolutely, if we don't get it then it proves we've kicked the hornets nest and they have shit to hide. After hearing how they demand tax breaks and law changes they can piss right off. It's a cartel of criminals that needs to be broken up and made far more transparent.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If England were to get it, my opinion of FIFA would improve but as Russia is the world capital of corruption & general criminality, I fully expect those disgusting sleazy shithouses from FIFA to take the World Cup there.

What I fail to understand is WHY don't they ever get investigated?!?!

Are they above the fucking law?!

Which law? They flit around from one country to another.

Some of it was investigated, in fucking Switzerland. Where do the mafia go if they want to stash a load of money? Switzerland. Where is the President of FIFA from ? Switzerland.

Now there's more evidence they're trying to ignore it yet the IOC are investigating one of the blokes who is also one of their members.

There's a dossier of corruption on that Jack Warner character stretching back decades. If you go to his manor & ask about it though, there's a fair chance you'll be waking up with your knob inserted in your own face. We've actually been courting that fucking bag of shite to get his vote! It's disgusting. Now our Prime minister & a member of our royal family is over there begging these fucking shithouses to give us the World Cup! Fuck that! Come home but before leaving, tell them they can shove their tainted tournament & we won't rest until half of them are in fucking jail.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:14 pm

The 2 dual bids don't stand a chance in my opinion and there is only 2 nations in the running - England and Russia.

England has an excellent bid and for me, the best out of the lot. We have excellent infrastructure in all aspects, stadia, transport/links, govermental backing, hospitality and outlet facilities are all to a standard that either matches or outshines the other bids. However, we all know that his isn't the be all and end all when it comes to being offered the WC. It's a business at the end of the day and as I see it, all business is corrupt in one way or another and most business is done with the 'You Scratch My Back' nod and a wink which leads to many thing's going on behind the scenes such as passing info or money in exchange for favours.

Russia is somewhat still an isolated state who do what they want when they want and if they wanted to help out one of their neighbour states, or a partner in business, then they could just pop down to their bank and hand-over a million in cash, no questions asked. And as Putin as promised $10 Billion on the WC, it is hard to fathom out how much they would be prepared to stake on getting the votes.

One thing that interests me in all this is the voting process. At the moment people like Beckham are basically arse-rimming the likes of Jack Warner in an effort to gain last minute support (anyone remember Ole 'Jack, the bloke who was reportedly asking for an honoury Knighthood for his support and who also had to donate a fortune to charity after flogging tickets to touts?) after previously treating these delegates like Royalty - ffs, even the future King and PM have been swallowing juices in an attempt to sway the voting! Well, these are the type of people we are trying to impress, and I know they can't all be dodgey but from all the real corruption reports, it is going to be very difficult to get anybody on board without a large input of investment to the various member states and possible individuals.

Anyone remember Triesman-Gate earlier this year when he basically said that the Russian's and Spanish were in collusion to ensure they both got something out of the WC - Russia get the 2018 bid after bribing the referee's for Spain? Well, Spain won the WC so it could be considered that the Russian's had stood up to their end of the bargain, and now Spain have the chance to repay the favour by moving their reported 8 votes to the Russian's once they are out of the running.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see but I won't be holding my breath. There are a lot of individual countries, and people, who stand to gain from a Russian bid in monetary or cross-partnership enterprise, while in reality, it will only be the World of Football who will benefit from it coming back to the 'Home of Football', such a shame, but at least some have already figured it out and are now outing those that have turned the voting process into a farce. Not much, but at least it's a start eh.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Fifa can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. I won't repeat the allegations of corruption others have made, I'll just say that the whole lot stink. Money without accountability. Football first -don't make me laugh.

Mind you I might join in the bashing of Jonny Foreigner a bit more readily if I didn't have the feeling that the game in our own country isn't exactly free of dark practices.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Thats the thing, the UK has a grand tradition of pretending and believing the pretense that it is whiter than white, while johnny foreigner doesn't know the meaning of fairplay. I wouldn't trust any of the reps for FIFA wherever they were from and i wouldn't trust any of the countries bidding either. That said if you give me fiver i will change my mind.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks to the BBC and our wonderful press it'll be heading Russias' way, unfortunately
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 pm

I hope FIFA give it to someone else than England (sorry) and then go on and publicly announce that if it wasn't the ridiculous british media you would have gotten it.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum